Monk animations, themed and hero talents

I get that monks are very much based around celestial but there was so much missed opportunities.

Windwalker could have used white tiger lightning and became a raider type character using wind and lighting type abilities yet the only lightning ability is cracking jade lightning. Rather than summons and statues why aren’t we harnessing the celestial sand enhancing our abilities?

I guess it encroaches into shammys theme too much although it seems they are giving warriors lightning attacked too.

same goes for an elemental type fist fighter. Imagine you could charge your limbs with different elements with different effects.

I think monks need more flashier animations and options to use weapons. Pandarens have nice stave animations.

Maybe with shado pan being a hero spec it’ll be samurai like and let us use two handers or two handed swords as weapons.

I always wanted a lu bu type monk with a big halberd. (Hope the pandaren heritage is lu bu armour style)

When they brought out survival hunter they gave them abilities that I expected monks to have. If monks could use staves and pole arms it would be cool to use them rather than fists. I get monks are meant to be unarmed but would be nice to have variance. My fist weapons can’t even be seen with most of my attacks.

What do you hope comes with hero specs?

A stealthy ninja monk, a samurai sword wielder, a summoner?

1 Like

I would like to see Diablo 3 monk visuals and soundeffects used for wow monks.
In diablo 3, the monk visuals and sound effects are so powerfull, you can feel the power behind every punch or kick. It feels powerfull.
In warcraft, the monk visuals are “meh” and soundeffects feel like you are hitting with a wet fish or noodle, it does not feel powerfull at all.
For me the feel of a class matters, the visuals, the soundeffect …all of it. (even if that class does very low damage or healing).

1 Like

It would be cool to see some wind and lightning effects. Monks biggest ‘feel’ problem is it’s visuals.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.