Monk has no identity and the new talents are a joke

Hey,

There are so many wrongs with the monk right now. It is ridiculous. I would like to point out that monk has no identity whatsoever but first I’ll mention the new talent trees. So for example brewmaster has a talent in the bw spec 7th row that is called fortifying brew so this talent actually gives the brewmaster the ability to use the brew but the description of this talent says that increases the stagger effectiveness by 15% thus this should be called improved fortifying brew and that is not all when you pick up this talent you get the brew ability but then in the Monk talent trees in 5th row there is again fortifying brew??? I mean excuse me what? Who designed this? Why would I even click a talent that does add nothing I mean what? Not to mention that YOU have to click that talent of picking up the fortifying brew WHICH YOU ALREADY HAVE to get to talents that you actually need.

Are all the talent trees so messed up or is it only the monk? Monk used to have 2 charges on the roll ability now you get 1 charge and even if you want to get that charge you need to pick up soothing mist? Yeah lets remove the charge and make it a talent BAM BIG BRAIN TALENT DESIGN. Removing such things as number of charges on roll and calling it talent design is just shame for whole blizzard dev team.

Also since you have 1 charge on roll why does the tool tip on chi torpedo still says that you can stack the sprint effect.

Also why does monk have abilities such as bonedust brew or a faeline stomp? These dont reflect the training their undergo in the monasteries. It does not appeal to the monk identity at all. If you google fae images it looks more like something druid would do not a monk. Bone dust brew creates a dust of bone from your enemies to throw it on your enemies… It is laughable. I know these were covenant abilities but we are not anymore in maldraxus or in ardenweald these covenants do not empower the characters anymore, forget the shadowlands and move on.

Expansion about dragons and blizzard pulls up some FAIRY crap on monks. All 3 specs have the same final talents to pick all of them have the same spell. Its either bonedust brew, fealine stomp or weapons of the order all of these are covenant abilities. The final talents should especially appeal to the spec identity. Wow monks are based of the asian monks and of the asian martial arts, Kung fu, drunken master… With some touch of celestials, “heavenly power”, “fist of the god” if you will.
I played monks a lot I have the challenger mog and all the tower appearances for each of the spec and I never said anything but it is really really bad this time.

One of the biggest game companies out there and they pay less attention to their own game than some mobile cash grab ripoffs.

If you can have a normal respond, I would appreciate it,

Cheers Jackie.

2 Likes

The thing is majority of the time they follow the lore of the class is based off for the first couple of years then, start adding weird things like “statues/totems” when the class should be based of off sheer utter strength bone crushing punches and unrecoverable kicks, but instead they thought adding celestials that you can summon maybe i could see something along the lines of the god that trains them or worshiped, but they’re gods of a lost island (Mists of pandaria)

I disagree with you

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.