Monks after 9.05

I see dead people( or dead specs in this occasion!)

Did you guys enjoy ww while it lasted? Goodbye now , enough of that fisting domination .

How so?
Whatā€™s the changes except some bugg fixes (like canceling fof for wdp)

I think Monk will still be enjoyable in 0.5, in fact I donā€™t see much in the patch notes to imply that it got badly affected. I just see a bunch of bug fixes and an increase to the damage of Fallen Order, which Iā€™m happy about as a Venthyr Monk.

Iā€™ll admit that the fact that Xuen can now be ccā€™d in some ways made me :grimacing: a little but I understand itā€™s for pvp reasons, and Iā€™ll take that if it means other specs can have fun against our class again.

Oh! A venthyr monk!
Howā€™s the feeling of that covenant?
Trying to decide between venthyr and necrolords myself.
Necrolord got alot of survivability in it. But venthyr seems kinda fun and better transmogs.

Okay so even though Iā€™m a Monk main Iā€™m probably not the best authority on Monk performance as Iā€™m quite casual/definitely donā€™t minmax, but Iā€™ll give it my best shot for you :smiley: (Sorry this got long)

Itā€™sā€¦ interesting. Iā€™ve made a Night Fae Monk since and in terms of DPS and performance, that one performs a little better. Venthyr is just more my thing aesthetically, lorewise and thematically (I create my characters with semi-RP elements and the covenants I pick are based on the choices theyā€™d make rather than my own, kinda!)

Fallen Order is simply another pet that you can have up when Xuen or S,E,F isnā€™t (assuming youā€™re WW), or perhaps alongside them if youā€™re bursting something down, but thereā€™s been times where Iā€™ve actually forgotten to pop it due to how little I feel like it does. Iā€™m sure if I was a proper number cruncher Iā€™d be able to see exactly how good it is, but I think at face value the Night Fae and Kyrian abilities trump it performance-wise. BUT, Conduits, or anima powers if youā€™re in Torghast, can make it one heck of a beast. The Potency Conduit ā€œImbued Reflectionsā€ helps a lot, and once I got it, it started to slide much more easily into my natural rotation and it held up decently enough. With itā€™s new buff in 0.5, I think it will become decently viable, especially with Conduits added to it. Plus, you summon a horde of adorably tiny Monks. Who could say no to that!?

Door of Shadows is awesome as a Monk as well, yet another way to keep mobile during those rare situations where Roll/Flying Serpent Kick are on CD. Itā€™s saved my butt more than once.

The best Venthyr Soulbind for WW is Nadjia the Mistblade in my opinion. Thrillseeker and Dauntless Duelist are a force of nature, although I can admit timing pets around Thrillseeker can get a little tiresome or sometimes impossible. Iā€™m surprised I havenā€™t seen more Venthyr Monks just for Nadjia though, I feel like her abilities work really well with us, but perhaps Iā€™m wrong or have a misunderstanding of more serious raiding/M+ and what it expects of Monks.

Those bug fixes are a 20% AoE DPS and 7% ST nerf

1 Like

Donā€™t worry about the length of the post, I prefer long explanations.
Thanks alot :slight_smile:

Yeah, Iā€™m nf on my human but wanna do one of the others on my orc.
I might just do 2 monks, one of each covenant, lol

1 Like

Thatā€™s how Iā€™m handling my mains this expac - two Monks on Horde, two on Alliance, and I just chuck them into whatever covenants suit them the best, one in each! Itā€™s a great way to try them all and it means I can switch Monks when certain Covenants get more powerful without having to redo the whole renown thing. It makes me sound like a madman but Iā€™m an altoholic anyway so I donā€™t mind the work that goes into keeping all four of them caught up!

My Venthyr Monk is my main one though, and despite its shortcomings I donā€™t feel any major need to go for one of the ā€œrecommendedā€ Covenants like NF, it performs just fine, and Iā€™m looking forward to seeing how Fallen Order handles when the buff comes out!

1 Like

After the next reset they are basically where survival hunters are lol.

Lost about 1K DPS overall in dungeons. RIP

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.