Moonglade server RP: Greeting the new Moon?

I had an eye out for the moon tonight. It changes a bit.
When I posted here the first time (in november) it rose to the north, and rather late.
Tonight it popped up around 20:15 (CET) and it rose to the south.
Still a good spot to look at it from outside the wall on that place near the SW park.

Edit:
Never mind! I got the blue moon and the white moon confused.
Silly…
White mon rises to the north still. Started rising above the horizon around 21:30 (CET) tonight.

2 Likes

Leaflets are pinned to some houses of Stormwinds various districts and woodlands. Approaching one of the announcements, it is visible that the text is held both in Common as well as in Darnassian.

"Ishnu’Alah, Kal’Dorei brethren and friends and citizens of Stormwind!

Back in the past years, the Nightelves of Kalimdor have invited your allies and kinsman alike to join the old Kal’Dorei custom of the monthly Moonrise, to share your friendship and your praises to Elune. In the light of recent events, your homelands became contested, with many of you finding refuge here on the other side of the world, which was surely no easy choice for you.

Now we invite you to continue your custom, here in Stormwind, in the circle of your friends and allies. Your homelands may be far away and troubled these days, but we are all gazing upon the same moon.

Be welcome to join us on the 1st sunday of this month, and every month, by the old grove above Stormwind Harbour, to share an evening of kinship and reminiscence. There will be food and drink, and Cherwina will hold the prayer when it is time to receive the Goodnesses blessing.

The festivities will commence an hour before Moonrise, and everyone is welcome! Leave your grudges and your weapons behind, and enjoy with us a peaceful celebration of Elune, of kinship and of the beauty of the rising moon.

We are looking forward to see you there!"

OOC:

Not many server wide RP events these days - a few of us have recently gathered and would love to revive one of the longest standing and most beautiful server traditions of Moonglade EU, back in the days hosted by the Nightelf guilds Handmaidens of Elune and Shadow Sentinels.

With Darnassus gone, Northwestern Kalimdor being contested territory and many Nightelves being displaced to Stormwind, we decided to shift this long standing Kaldorei event - at least temporarily - to the outskirts of Stormwind, to make it accessible to all and let the refugees share one of their age old customs with their allies.

When?

NEXT sunday March 3rd, from 21:00pm server time!

Who is invited?

Everyone!

Please respect the Kaldorei customs for this event:

No weapons (a weapon rack will be available close to the event

Also, please no open use of magic of any kind, or summoned companions against the laws of nature.

Location?

The small glade left of Stormwind Harbour. From the harbour, ride outside along the city wall and up the hills, until you reach a little forested area with open views to the sea

Questions?

Post here or get in touch in game! Grawle / Marenya, Serendipity and Nataari are amongst these who plotted and can be contacted.
In my case I am online most nights, but alting a lot, so feel free to write an ingame letter, post here on the forum, or ask around in /LookingforRP

6 Likes

Awesome! =D
Making a note in my calendar.

6 Likes

What about items that are classified by the game as weapon, but are not technically one? Like a knife and a book at my side? Or a staff.

Not a problem at all I would say.
Just don’t take your Arcanite Reaper out for a walk :wink:

2 Likes

It will be a hard thing to disarm, even for a blessed purpose as this, but respect for the purpose and those making it happen once again is far more important than this sentinel’s personal feelings and being. So I will do my utmost to be there and pay tribute to mother moon and all that attend.

4 Likes

This will be tomorrow! Looking forward to meet old and new faces of our beautiful little server community!

Silathin, will be delighted to have a Sentinel among us! (I hope both ICly and OOCly we manage an acceptable take on your custom)

3 Likes

Tonight! <3

4 Likes

Such a great event last night, thanks all for popping by! Hope it was an acceptable new adaption of an existing custom for all involved

Looking forward to the next one in April…! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

It was much much more than acceptable, and seeing how long it has been since last, it was a nice turnout too.

Like i mentioned to you as well, it rekindled my connection to this character and has set some thoughts in motion for getting back into Sil and her frame of mind. I look forward to being a part of this in the many times to come :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Aw, I used to participate in this event on another RP server years ago. It was remarkable :slight_smile:

5 Likes

A new month, a new moon!

The next Moonrise will take place NEXT SUNDAY from 21:00pm server time in the glade above Stormwind Harbour!

Looking forward to see you there, RPers of Moonglade, Sha’Tar and Steamwheedle! <3

4 Likes

I shall be there, and mother moon willing I will have time to find some more civilian clothes rather than coming fully armoured.

4 Likes

Elune-adore, I shall be there.

‘Don’t blame it on moonlight.’ :full_moon_with_face:

3 Likes

I just dug out my old screenshots from the event, I spotted the old character models on them, so that sure was ages ago! I didn´t even know what was going on, but was on an alt at the time, wondering what all the players in a straight line were walking towards, so I tagged along. It´s things like that, that makes the world feel so alive.

Great initiative, I am looking forward to experience it in a enhanced version, where I am slightly less clueless. :wink: Maybe a post on the realm forum section would be a good idea.

4 Likes

Tonight!! <3

3 Likes

Bumpedi-bump for all RPers of Moonglade/Sha’Tar and Steamwheedle!

Next Moonrise on Sunday night May 5th from 21pm server time!
In the glade above Stormwind Harbour. If you have trouble finding us, ask in /LookingforRP ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

To properly greet the new moon I need the sacrifice of sindoreis cut and bleed dry with a ceremonial dagger.

Only with the blood of those who walk ahead of the sun will the moon grant strengh and protection.

1 Like

I have so many alts that I may need to start rolling d20 to decide which one comes to an open event. So… Moonrise… draenei paladin, worgen druid, night elf demon hunter or something else?

2 Likes

That would violate the ‘no weapons’ rule, sorry.

1 Like