More boosters than actual players

This is how arenas feels like atm, why am I facing 220+ people on 1.4k rating which basically global my 200 ilevel alt with 22% versa. I never had to deal with such low rating before on any of my characters (even if they were completely naked).

That’s not how you revive PVP Blizzard, that’s how you destroy it even more than it was.

19 Likes

Yes a lot of plaers boosting in PvP, coz easier to obtain gear - and pick up what u want instead of PvE RNG roulette. Second PvP elite set and achi. There is much, much less M+ boosting ATM and much more PvP.

4 Likes

“gear is gear” sucks, Ion. give us back wod scaling.

4 Likes

Idk templates was the best idea for this game. Mb some custom min/max secondary stats like in GW2 and it will be much more better.

12 Likes

dropped rating on my alt thinking It would be easier to gear there.

Biiiiiig mistake people at 1200 are better geared than most 1800+ teams and 90% of them are just high rated people who dropped MMR for easy wins.

3 Likes

Reason why I quit lol

1 Like

Exactly this. Im meeting 215-220ilvl players with 2.1-24k this season between 1.6-1.8k. I couldnt figure out what the hell is happening but landed at your conclusion aswell. Every other game you meet players who plays like gladiators, every other game you meet people who backpeddle, dont peel and basically throw the game.

Its every players right to do so, for sure. But 1.6-2k bracket right now is a hunger games battle royal with all sorts of quality and events :smiley:

3 Likes

Exactly this and since we have Warmode there is no problem with difference in open world. Warmode can have similar scaling like BGs and Arenas while no warmode like instances and raids. If someone has Warmode on means he is open for PvP interaction. Even WoD scaling with Warmode would make perfect sense.

This won’t change because:

1. Gear is gear and PvP trinkets are extremely potent for some specs in PvP so PvE players pay for boosts
  2. Blizzard doesn’t punish for boosting because they don’t pay pros enough so they have to get an income from playing the game. Top players advertising Blazing Boost on streams is just disgusting. I’m not sure if it’s still the case but I saw it plenty of times.
  3. People are just blindly following meta and they play more rank 1 comps in 1400-1600 than Rank 1 players. They are stuck playing mirrors.

WoW community is actually really frustrating about it. They are min-maxing everything and they tend even to reroll A tier comps for S tier just because it’s easier to get rating with.

2 Likes

Look at it from the bright side, you can git gud faster by slapping boosters.

1 Like

I agree. Playing at 1600-1800 feels much harder than 1900-2000+ mmr. At least from my experience. So many glad/r1 and 220+ players boosting others.

2 Likes

I feel like it’s mostly PVE players that are ordering boosts so the solution here is pretty simple: Give PVE players their vendors so they wont have to rely on PVP gear.

That would reduce pvp boost demand by 70% at least, cleaning up the mess you did with PVP vendor.

I guess nobody at Blizzard had an idea that in a month you will be able to gear your character fully to 220 ilevel with 1.8k arena rating (which used to be kinda low in previous expansions).

6 Likes

Sadly that’s what happens when you incentivize PvE players to PvP.

Sadly PvP is now the faster gearing for alot of classes

1 Like

would be nice for templates to be a budget of secondary stats you can choose, rather than some arbitrary spread of stats that was useful for no one

1 Like

Its a boost festival and rogue festival this expansion

1 Like

Just add a PvP stat to the gear. Job jobbed

7 Likes

many solid ideas in this thread, but blizzard won’t do anything because Ion wants gear to be gear lolol

2 Likes

That would be too easy. Ion has to complicate it so either we or PvE players are frustrated. In BFA it was our turn then we were angry again early season and now whole PvE community is just angry at devs. Instead just separate both progressions - noone is forced to play other part of the game that they don’t enjoy. This is why many people liked Legion and while I didn’t like pruning and utility removal I have to admit I had plenty of alts that I enjoyed playing. If was bored I could always log on my freshly leveled alt and play some bgs.

1 Like

Me and my friends were about to quit game cosue of this… we got 200-205 gear and around 30-35k hp (War/DK/Hpal) we got stuck at 1.2-1.4 rating couse when we get to 1380ish rating we are against 38k-40k hp enemies… could not able to get past 1.4k rating atm… it is getting frustrating atm…

3 Likes

I think the majority of PvP players in this expansion is stuck 1.2 - 1.4. When ppl desperately roll S-tier classes to boost their arenarating because their main chars are now close to unplayable the same majority will face the same FOTM teams over and over again. I had bad gear on my priest in the last season of BfA and still managed to reach 1774 rating with no effort at all. In SL I’m playing with a friend who have 187ilvl on his warrior and I dropped from 1.5+ to 1.1k because we are either oneshotted, heavily outgeared or suddenly play way worse than we ever played in the last 14 years.

Its really demoralizing to be stomped at such low ratings suddenly, me and my friends are on the brink of quitting. I put my hopes on a re-release of TBC instead because I don’t think they can or will balance this mess…

4 Likes

Wasnt early TBC one of the messiest and easiest time to get glad in wow? :smiley:

1 Like