More customization options and DemonHunter for all races in Shadowlands!

Hey everyone!

With the new upcoming general zone for beginners/new players in shadowlands, the lore-restriction behind the races are gone.

Example:
Dwarf not from bronzebeard clan
Troll not from darkspear tribe
Humans not from elwwynn forest

So there are many possibilities to add new skins and races. I really like to see:

1. San’lyan (vampire blood elfs)
  2. Eredar (fel draenei)
  3. Blood trolls
  4. Undead versions of elfs (dark ranger)
  5. Nathrezim (mal’ganis, tichondrius, etc.)
  6. High elves

And please make the Demonhunter class for all races. Its a new era for wow and we faced the demons many times. Besides the death knight got all races covered as a hero class. So why not the Demonhunter? My worgen rogue would be pleased to sacrifice his eyeballs to get demonpowers.

I like the idea to get more classes in Wow like:

1. Dragon Hero with each spec another dragon aspect and instant shapeshift into a dragon that you can customize.

2. ShadowHunter. Using bows and flying spears/glaives. Stealth. Voodoo summons. Healing. Wards. Dots with health transfers. Quick movements. (Good against Demonhunters)

3. Bard. With different instruments. Like guitar, flute, drum. Or atleast make it a profession :wink:

And make playerhousing a thing! With free movement buildings and race building customizations!)

What for class/race/skin ideas would you like in the game?

Please leave a comment!

Wish you all very good health!

7 Likes

The classes sounds awesome!

I really like a necromancer but the shadowhunter sounds also great.

2 Likes

Somebody watched Taliesins video and got inspired it seems. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Blood Trolls, Nathrezim, Eredar and San’yan, eh? In that case, I want to play an imp.

No, but seriously… I think it’s quite questionable to think that it was mostly the starting areas that held customization opions back, no matter what T&E say. Lore never came first in these things. Getting their money’s worth for the develoment time did. I can see them adding some tattoos to most races, some jewelry, maybe, or maybe even an elf ear option for undead. Things they can do with not too much effort. But totally different variants? That’s not going to happen. That’s what allied races were for, where they could get some of the development money back through race changes.

And no, I don’t see them starting to work on their gnome double jump animations anytime soon, either.

2 Likes

Ye I don’t see Man’ari Eredar, Blood trolls and Natherezim to be playbale. They’re portrayed to be vile beyond any limit.

2 Likes

Taliesin is that you?

Personally I want dark Ranger hunter skin or allied race even for forsaken. It’s perfect and doesn’t require much work at all. Just red eyes instead of yellow this time.

1 Like

I’d like Leper Gnomes and Frost Dwarves, easy enough to do. And, of course, the gnomefro, in honor of Gnoarn. That’s the obvious stuff.

But I have to say, there are some races where I am quite curious what they can come up with in regards to new options. Draenei especially. Hm, and I guess this could be an opportunity to add Taunka, or would that be too much work?

4 Likes

There was a Lore behind Demon Hunters. Only small part of Elves could hold Fell powers inside them, and not lose their mind.
Elves have long lives, and mega strong will, that is why only elves could be Demon Hunters.

If every mortal could become Demon Hunter, than the Lore will be gone behind that class.
Blizzard already did mistake with Night Elves dark rangers, that appeared without any explanation. WoW lore is sick already, lets not damage the lore more.

btw, if Lore behind Horde/Alliance races will not matter anymore, why not add races that have same models?
For example those cats from Draenor, they have same model as Worgen. Or that fish race, has same models as Night Elves…
Lets add them all, kill the game, and finally be free! :ok_hand:

certain classes should be a bit exclusive due to amount of extra work they require. Druids with their forms is the reason why this class is so limited. As for demon hunters - I would expand it to orcs and draenei.

It might be farfetched but they were among I’llydan’s forces and it would give non elf option to play.

Zandalari had demoniac as equivalent but tbh I am not sure if I want for them to have this class, Zandalari worked in different way after all. They didn’t have to multilate themselves or change their appearance to contain demon.

I would rather if already available classes were visually customized to fit the race.

2 Likes

I think a better direction would be to give the demon hunter class to other races in another guise. Make the Blademaster - effectively plays like a demon hunter but has different spell names and visuals minus the gliding.

Class identities are useful that way, i’ts the same class mechanic, but a completely different fantasy class. SWTOR did something similar, where Bounty Hunters and Troopers while different classes, had the same mechanics, but you wouldn’t notice because the visuals, animations and features were completely different, but it ewas actually the exact same mecahnics, every spell and ability. Just using different weapons and different features.

If wow did that with some of it’s classes we could get so many cool lloking skins to classes and access to new classes we would never have otherwise seen the player have access too.

1 Like

Demon Hunters for all races seems kind of wrong, there are a few races that would be really cool as Demon Hunter though given their history with the burning legion; namely Orc and Draenei.

Long live isn’t really a problem since you’re near immortality with becoming a demon. Stong will? Oh shut up, they’re not really something special in that case. We saw how “strong willed” they are already, and the results don’t really convince me tbqh.

This is a really horrible idea, especially since the blademaster is samurai inspired.

This isn’t the answer that anyone wants. But sadly it’s the right one.

Why is that horrible? You just redo the ability animations and visuals to be Samurai based… instead of Eyebeam you have a channelled shuriken or weapon spray, and you switch all the fel stuff for weapon stuff.

Compare SWTOrs Bounty Hunter and Trooper - or Operative and Smuggler - feel completely different, yet they’re the same class mechanic. Exactly the same, but everything looks different, called differently etc.

No more demon hunters please, feel like it should be really rare.

No, you don’t understand. A Demon Hunter is a class which is also very independent from magical damage. Such things like eye beams are casts which can be kicked. The closest what you get with Samurais are blademaster… and they are represented as warrior trainers! Which at most sense since there isn’t much difference between the both.

1 Like

No new classes.

But if we’re giving Demon Hunters to everyone, give every class to everyone. I wanna go Void Elf Paladin at some point maybe.

No.

No.

No. Do we even have Bards like you suggest in lore?

No. WoW’s (RPing) playerbase is already extremely bubbled. No need to add an extra layer on that, thanks.

Really, the customisation options should all be easy for Blizzard. From simple reskins to adding skin and customisation options that are already ingame but not unlocked yet.

They could add abit of uniquety(??) too it by making certain skin options only for certain classes, such as the red orc skintone for orc warlocks, or the human and gnome cultist skin for death knight, warlock, priest and mage etc, but those would be easy because they are already ingame, and the mechanics to lock them to a certain class is also already existing (just look at the unique death knight skintones for example).

1 Like