More macro slots?

Hey

Is there a way to increase somehow the macro slots in general tap? I have reached the maximum and cant create new ones. I use macros alot to combine multiple buttons with modifiers for my druid have 4 specs use mouseover heal macros, modifier damage macros and cd macros, @cursor etc.

Now i cant create more macros for my other classes lol.

The only way would be with an addon but i don’t know of one off hand.

One thing to note though is that Macro’s are saved server side but any you create in an addon outiside the defaut slots won’t be. That means if you play on a different computer you wil only see the macro’s saved in the default slots and not any created in the addon, you’d have to copy over the addons saved vars file.

ok thx. i will try to find an addon then if possible

Are you using spec conditions in your macros? Might be able to combine some if you are.

I’m able to fit my macros, except 2, for all 4 specs in the 18 character macro slots.

Perhaps you can try to shorten the body of the macro by writing code more compactly.

It’s extremely rare that lack of macro slots can be solved by making existing macros more efficient. You press a macro to do Job A. Just because it does it with few characters and you could make it do Job B too doesn’t mean you want to do Job A and Job B at the same time.

(That said, most people I see with this issue are making unnecessary macros so they can brag about using fewer action bar slots, but just as many hotkeys.)

For example:

/cast [stance: 0] Moonfire(Rank: 5)
/cast [stance: 3] Shred(Rank: 2)

or

/use [nostance] Moonfire; [stance: 3] Shred

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.