More Shaman Races, please

Priest, Mages and Rogues are being made available to all races for patch 9.2.5, other classes were said to be expanded on in the future due to their race specific content requirement. This is great news, as it is something I’ve personally been hoping for since TBC.

However, Shaman is the only class that in my opinion lacks variety of playable races. None of the races available to Shaman have a neutral model, like the Human/Night Elf/Blood Elf models. If Shaman were to be available to at least some of these races, then that would be a major improvement in terms of being able to enjoy transmogging. Especially with transmogging being such a major part of the game.

As well as the elements playing a big role in the new expansion, I would find it reasonable if there were also some new Shaman races being added during DF pre-patch. For all I care they would use totem models of existing Shaman races.

So my question to Blizzard would be, could you at least add some new Shaman races during 9.2.5? If not, then when will we be able to expect you to open up more race/class options?

In case you are adding Darkfallen AR during 9.2.5 that will be available as Shaman with little Sinstone or gravestone totems, then that would be just as amazing.

2 Likes

Well… unfortunately the lore prevents most of these choices.

Night/Blood elves unfortunately are out of the question (for lore reasons, as they are the farthest race from shamanism apart from forsaken), but humans are NOT that improbable (as it is easy to explain and there are many human settlements in lore that have shamans).

Actually they said that for NOW the drakthyr are only 1 class, but they could actually go back on that, and they would be possible shamans. I doubt that they would add more races though.

Now you are just setting yourself for disappointment now mate :-P. Apart from 9.2.5 being pretty close to release, there is 0 indication of any races being added to the game. Even more for beings that are DEAD, and I do not mean UN-dead, but REALLY REALLY dead. There is almost no chance of them tumbling all their NEW lore to make those races available on azeroth.

Frankly, the races that could make sense as shamans are humans, maybe gnomes and worgen.

1 Like

Imo previous hero classes like paladin/shaman should’ve been one race. This imo includes monk…
(Fair enough you need 1 horde-alliance option)

It’s an unpopular opinion but it just gives the term Hero Class an actual meaning…

• Shaman: Troll / Dwarf
  • Paladin: Human / Tauren
  • Monk: Pandaren
1 Like

Lore does get in the way a bit for some races, but with Blood Elves I feel like a similar concept to Blood Knights could have been applied to Shaman. In essence this would boil down to the way Taunka practice Shamanism, which isnt considered Dark Shamanism. There is one Blood Elf Shaman in game though, elementalist Starion in Thousand Needles.

There are indeed Human Shaman in Stranglethorn Vale, but since the player plays a Human from Stormwind this was never a playable option.

As for the Forsaken it may seem illogical, but Forsaken can also be Monk. Monk and Shaman both utilize the 5th element spirit to perform their spells. Lastly may I remind you of Thomas Zelling, the risen Tidesage from BfA war campaign. Sadly he got killed by Nathanos, but still proves its possible to be risen into Undeath without losing connection to the elements. Tidesages are considered Shaman ingame, also being the reason Kul Tiran Human Shaman exist.

Gnome Shaman would be cute, could use mechanical totems similar to Goblin totems. Have to mention Gnome Druid here even though it makes no sense, if they would have cub animal forms and a bonsai tree of life form then I will have no choice but to play one.

However, in the recent interview with MrGM and Holinka its already been confirmed that theyre planning on lifting race/class restrictions. With Tauren Rogue probably being the most contradicting race/class combo that will be added during DF prepatch. Holinka said that the only thing standing in the way, is art work that has to be done for class specific content or requirements such as Shaman totems, Pally chargers, Druid forms etc.

Its only a matter of time, hopefully sooner than later :smiley:

Nice seeing some valid points risen ^^.

Thank you for reminding me about that dude, been ages since I went there. Although he is kind of a “joke” character so I dunno how “serious” they were with his race/class lore explanation.

Regarding the forsaken, I think it is a REALLY big stretch, even on the level of undead paladin.

What I mean is that there are undead paladins in game, although they are considered a “hero” race/class combination in relative terms. What I mean is that the rules for becoming an undead paladin are so HARD, that players character cannot fulfil the criteria and just some extra powerful NPC managed it.

Something akin to that might be happening with shamans or you might be right and be something that just seems alien to us.

Generally speaking, as long as there is a good lore explanation in universe, I am ok with anything

1 Like

Arent the Grimtotem mainly a rogue heavy tribe? I swear I remember them being able to cloak.

OT, I really would like to roll a Broken Shammy like Nobondo.

1 Like

I would unsub instantly if they would lean towards an idea like this. Lore is important, because without it nothing makes sense.

Lore’s been a joke since BFA

1 Like

What is lore?
#InsertJailerHere

1 Like

I saw a screenshot of Human Shaman from DB alpha guys. Probably won’t find it but someone posted it on twitter.

1 Like

I think you might refer to MrGM his Twitter post, think the Shaman used a race transformation item of some sort though.

Btw DB sounds like an abbreviation for Dragonblight xD

Yeah. Should be DF. I’m sorry.

1 Like

Yeah I kinda guessed lol, for some reason I caught myself making the same typo before

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.