Mounts and transmog are no longer rewards

I wish to raise my concern as player about blizzard overwhelmingly award people with mounts and transmog, in so high frequency that they cannot be even considered as rewads.

Why is that?
Because when you reward people with something which anyone have, those rewards are obsolete and meaningless, people already have full collections of transmogs and mounts, which they almost never ride or wear…
It doesnt matter how good they look, it doesnt matter if artist behind those mounts and armor is Michelangelo Buonarroti, people just not care !

All its matter is how somehting is hard to come by, this is what people respect and ride with pride, anything else is meaningless and obsolete.

So blizzard please stop this politics, divert your artist toward something else, long ago mounts and transmogs become worthless at least 99% of them…So rather create few good mounts and transmog, put them behind skill wall, and make them mean something once people get it, offcourse not anyone will be able to get it, but this is somehting which gief them value and means, anything else is just other number into your alredy full bag and big ZERO value stuff.

9 Likes

I have no problem with easy mounts collection, but would like to see more skill based mounts. But please also no FOMO (challenge should be available all the time, not in current season or one week per year) and no buying with gold (including boosting). Low chance drop endless farm is also not a skill, but at least some proof of effort. Very good example of mount reward - Mage Tower Spelltome.

8 Likes

This opinion just wasting artist time which can actualy do meaningfull content instead adding another number into your overbloated collection in which even you dont know what you alredy have.

I don’t think most people care about “prestige”. Such is very old thinking from Vanilla and even then, I find only the people who think it has prestige actually want it.

Idgaf what anyone else has, only me. Why should I?

16 Likes

Actually most of easy rewards don’t waste a lot of artist time, because they are just recolors. Really good mounts (with new models and good animations) go only in Shop/Heroic editions/etc.

4 Likes

According how worthless is those stuff, even if they spend 1 hour its so much , since that hour can be use on something more productive. From my aspect, using time to expand people alredy overbloated collection is wasted time.

I love my vast wardrobe options and mounts. It has no bearing on my enjoyment whether a few players or many have them.

I also enjoy trying to gather everything my character can wear or wield. I just find it fun.

Everyone is different. Every time I summon a mount its random and I love seeing ehat comes up.

I don’t agree that any collectibles should be gated so that only a few people can get them. It’s fine for a few to be hard to obtain but on the whole the bulk of players are not 1% players.

14 Likes

What average Joe get when blizzard reward him with another mount or transmog?

He just say in disapoint tone “wooow” mount, "woow transmog, right click, and never even bother to open mount or transmog tab to see what he get… because he alredy got 300+ of them and stoped to care.

2 Likes

Got literally every mount added to favourites so the random mount button has such a huge selection to pick from, minus the TBC Terokkar Forest Mana Rays… those mounts are fugly.

1 Like

Having more mounts and transmog are good for the game and keeps players motivated and engaged with the game .
I dont see any problem their

8 Likes

I do think they should slightly increase the dropchance with every kill, I killed Rustfeather ca. 1000 times by now -.-

2 Likes

Even if the uglies come up I’m like oh i remember you :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

As its down time for me atm I’ve been working on missing toys.

https://www.dataforazeroth.com/characters/eu/Draenor/Punyelf

3 Likes

Or implement “fake” random instead of real one, like devs of Civilization did for attack damage. So if mount is suppose to have 1 in 100 chance, game will assure it will guaranteed dropped after 100 kills, maybe earlier, maybe later. With real random the drop theoretically could never happen, even in 1000 kills.

2 Likes

Actually this is probably a better overview

But my point is I still get joy from adding more to my collection

5 Likes

poor guy can only ride mounts and wear prestige mogs ;(

forever stuck with his decade old CM mog :smiling_face_with_tear:

8 Likes

Can I have your transmogs?

3 Likes

PvP transmogs are still rewards … in my opinion
but i agree mounts are pointless.

i would argue Illusions are great rewards going forward

1 Like

What the, just checked myself on that and it’s showing me missing one off the noble garden event. Was sure I got everything :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

I like how you extrapolate from your biased opinion something that most of the playerbase would disagree.

It’s an mmo, it catters to all kind of players, so its to be expected that there are rewards for all kind of activities. Some activities reward skill, some dedication, some luck, some just participation. Disliking some of those is ok, since you can focus on what you like. But actually saying that “all other things are not worth it, only things that I find meaningful” is a new intellectual low.

5 Likes

Illusions , enchants, and Pennants
are great ways to show off prestige rewards

would love to see PVE versions