Mouse buttons not working in WoW

As title - Ive come back to the game after about 12 months not playing, however not all my mouse buttons are registering as anything in WoW - Some of them are turning my sound on/up/down etc which they do naturally outside of the game, but in WoW I cant find any way for them to register. Buttons 4,5 are working fine and have been Keybound etc. This wasnt an issue when I last played so I know its not (Or shouldnt be) the mouse or the PC as those are both the same as last played.

Edited to include - The mouse is a HyperX Pulsefire Raid, and i have no background software installed to change button usage etc - everything is running factory settings etc

And which mouse is it?

Sounds like your mouse buttons are configured to function as keyboard presses or other special functions. If you are using some program from the mouse manufacturer which allows configuration I would check mouse settings there if the buttons are configured as mouse buttons or something else.

1 Like

I changed all my mouse buttons to always press F-Keys instead as the default profile with the logitech software to avoid having this problem in a lot of games. Although some games hard lock F-keys to other things and don’t let you use them for rebinds… but it’s rare.

Updated original post to include - The mouse is a HyperX Pulsefire Raid, and I have jno software running to change button assignments etc

Just bumping now that people who cant read the login page have stopped spamming the forums :smiley:

Based on the original post and thhe model number the mouse defaults the extra buttons to media buttons for volume control so you probably have to reprogram them if you want to use them for other keys.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.