Mouse issues since Shadowlands patch

Is anyone having issues or problems with their mouse after the patch?

I have reset all my key bindings but sometimes my mouse works and then other times I have to use the keyboard to move my character but cannot interact with players or NPC’s so it comes and goes , out side of the game my mouse works fine but ever since the update today its not working properly and this for all characters i have not just one!!!

Can anyone shed some light on this please

12 Likes

Me too. After the patch the mouse works when it thinks it should work and not as it was before.

3 Likes

Its strange one minute it works fine next minute it wont do anything and I cannot use it. It was working fine before the patch but now the game is unplayable.

BLIZZARD sort it out!!!

out-of-date addons are causing the issue. disable them.

1 Like

the issue is with your addons… happened to me as well but after i disabled out-of-date ones it was fixed

3 Likes

Disabling Atlasloot worked for me. Use the /fstack command and hover your mouse to see invisible addon overlays.

2 Likes

I’m having the same issues here. The mouse worked for the first couple of days after the initial pre-patch, but after an update a few days ago it stopped working properly.

I can still use the basic mouse buttons for steering and clicking, but all extra buttons of my gaming mouse (Steelseries Rival 500) are screwed up.

I updated the mouse drivers and remade its configurations, to no avail. Some buttons work, but most either don’t work at all, or they get associated with the wrong keys.

Addons aren’t the reason. I disabled all of them, and the mouse still isn’t working properly.

1 Like

Hi all,

As a few others have mentioned already, addons would be a major cause for issues like this, so as a first step please make sure you disable any addons while troubleshooting this.

Other than that some of the reports here don’t really have a lot of details about what the problem is precisely, though the most common mouse issues and solutions can be found here:

Spinning Camera While Moving Mouse in World of Warcraft
Mouse Clicking in Wrong Location
Mouse Pointer Invisible
Mouse jumping/centering FIX

A lot of the steps will be overlapping between different problem descriptions, but hopefully this should cover a solution for the majority of cases!

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. I’ve been Googling around for a while, and found several threads mentioning the same issue:
When you right click, you need to move the mouse slightly for the right click to actually register. It’s extremely annoying since you’re mouseover macros often end up targeting something completely unintentional because the right click doesn’t register until you move the cursor.

Most threads seem to mention that it’s an addon issue, most likely AtlasLoot. Twice now, I’ve completely removed the Interface, WTF and cache folders from the game, and even reset the Cvars using the command mentioned in this support article
Nothing helps. Even with completely reset wow-client, this is still happening. It’s also happening on the SL beta client without any addons installed.

Something has definitely changed, and it very much seems like it’s something in the client, when it’s also happening with a completely barebones client.

I really hope Blizzard will take a look at this soon. It’s driving me crazy, and the game just doesn’t feel as responsive as it used to due to this.

I’m also having issues where i enable Autorun with mouse button 4, and it starts running, and then immediately stops again, like i was just holding down W for less than a second. It’s also extremely annoying because you usually have to try starting Autorun 3+ times, before it actually stays active. It could perhaps be due to the same bug.

5 Likes

I have this issue and it is extremely annoying. Sometimes I can’t move my camera/turn my character with the mouse or click on NPC’s, game buttons etc… The annoying thing that it is not even remotely consistent.
I have disabled all of my addons, reset my keybindings, fully reset my UI… This is extremely problematic as I can’t accurately move my character (or play the game for that matter) like this. This is maybe a cliché, but the game is literally unplayable like this. Please fix this.

EDIT: It was a background application, TouchFreeze in my case. Everything is working fine now

1 Like

I disabled all of the addons, still some buttons after today’s patch do not work (Steelseries Rival 500).

Please help.

1 Like

How i can find out, which app can cause this problem? I really need to solve this, cause the game is UNplayable this way :frowning:

Yo m8, I’m really glad to read your comment. My English isn’t that good as I need to describe my issue. I’ve got identical issue like you. It’s driving me crazy too. Specially when I do PvP like 2s, where depends of each of second. I’m thinking about uninstall this game forevermore. I hope Blizzard tell advice or fix up this issue.
Thank you.

Please do not necro older threads. If you have a new issue you can make a new thread.