Mouse (left and right) movement behaviour (Wotlk Classic)

L.S.

Normally when I hold down left or right click my cursor disappears.
Left/Right click and keeping it down is my main way of moving during raids.

Since a week or so the cursor occasionally changed to what I call a “movement cursor” like this: https DOUBLE DOT //cdn1 DOT iconfinder DOT com/data/icons/business-cursor/512/move_2-512 DOT png (since I can’t post a freaking link to explain an issue… added the DOUBLE DOT and DOT text…)

However it doesn’t move properly anymore as in this state I have to drag my mouse 2 meters to the right on the mousepad to spin around, this goes for both left and right mouse button.

When it happens I have to reboot the entire game and then the mouse is back to it’s original behaviour. Anyone experienced this before? Annoying as hell.

I’ve searched the forums, can’t find a solution.

Thnx.

2 Likes

Yep same issue here. Multiple reports are on Reddit as well.

Nothing fixes the issue at all (fresh install, no addons, no mouse software like roccat talk or razer synapse) which means it’s something INSIDE the game that went wrong and has nothing to do with player addons / software.
The biggest problem with this is actually it “moves” your cursor while rightclicking even though it shouldn’t and if you hit the edge of your screen you therefore just stop turning the camera at all.

It’s very very annoying, restarting the game does “fix” it, but if it triggers mid-fight it’s extremely difficult to properly move out of mechanics.

So anyone from Blizzard cares to comment?

1 Like

im having the same issue have any one found the solution for this issue?

I’ve also been having this problem since the maintanance about 20+ days ago, restarting the whole game is the only way to fix it temporarily, which is not a great solution during raids

Same problem for me. Just appeared in the last few days.

Same issue here since the last maintenance

Same issue on live since today’s patch (10.0.7). Presents the same way as listed above.
Made a bug report, cancelled sub till fix arrives, game is unplayable in this state.

Also have a bug report going, if anyone hears anything please share :slight_smile:

edit/// since I can’t post another message.

Well, CS ticket was not the place, no solution. Just a redirect back to the forums.

@Blizzard, this sucks. It’s a known issue, many people report it. There is no way you can not know about this and we can’t even get a reply in here. CS doesn’t know where to direct me, aside from “make a bug report” which I can’t do. Only the US forum has a dedicated sub thread for bugs.

Could we please get an update that it’s at least known and on the list to be fixed?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.