Mouse movement cuts out

Since the patch my mouse just becomes unresponsive. I have tested my mouse with other games and it works completely fine. All drivers are up to date and have been re-installed.

I have also used an old mouse with WoW to test and the same thing occurs. All movement just seems to stop working. This is only since 8.1 landed.

Any help on this would be great as the game is unplayable for me right now. Thanks.

8 Likes

Try to test WoW with another mouse, see if that works. If not make sure to check that your settings are not causing this issue. After this you can try to fully reinstall your mouse and restart your computer. Good luck.

I said in the post above Lichosa, I used my old mouse to test it and the same occurs.

In another post it’s been narrowed down to when you win an arena game and receive loot, you have to reload the game in order for the mouse to cut back in.

The other post you are referring to, reported a mouse issue in the middle of the screen (a hidden box blocking mouse clicks, most likely related to addons). Are you experiencing a similar issue where your mouse is not interactive (cannot click) at a specific part of the screen, or everywhere?

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

2 Likes

I’m able to move spells off my bar and click “join arena” buttons but I’m unable to move my character using the mouse or rotate the camera.

2 Likes

I am having the exact issue. Already switched out mouse and reinstalled drivers.

It seems, enabling “reduce input lag” to fix the problem…but costs performance.

1 Like

Same here. When in combat for long, stearing my character with right mouse button, it sometimes stops working so I have to re-press right mouse button. Also it feels like the movement (when right clicking to move) is very delayed, non-responsive. Like input lag in my right mouse button. Or the “Mouse Look Speed” slider in interface keeps moving automatically.
Aswell, can be some overlay issue, interfering with WoW.

Tried with my old mouse and same issue there.

1 Like

OK, reduce input lag does not fix the problem. Just experiencing it again…

I tried a full UI overhaul and it still happens. Need Blizzard to shed some light on this.

1 Like

Having the same issue here , my mouse’s right click cuts out and i am unable to move the camera. Left click also cuts out when i move about with it. Usually starts happening when i start doing arenas for some reason
Using a logitech g102 mouse , updated drivers and such.
There is a post on US forums that suggests for me to find the wow folder within the logitech game software ( which i did ) , but did not fix the issue for me.
Please help i can’t play this game

I have the same problem. After a few arenas my right and left mouse buttons not responding. The same problem is reported by people on the US forum. I don’t use addons, I tested it on 3 different mices. Only reloadui helps, but after few minutes problem is back. I think that this may be related to notifications about arena rewards after the match. It usually happens after clicking on the center of the screen.

It’s not related to arena, i noticed this also out of arena and without doing any games.

This is related to the notification after receiving the item from the arena or world quest. When small window with item or message pops up. Thats why most of the people say to turn off all addons, because it looks like a “hiden” bar. It is a game bug and people on US forum report it too: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/mouse-response-mid-screen/46606/8

Wow wtf , i noticed for me aswell , that after 5-10 mins or so i have to do a /reloadui to fix my problem. Played arenas yesterday , after every arena i have to do a reloadui

Same problem after patch, tried everything to fix this, nothing work. Blizzard plx shed some light, game is unplayable for me at this moment

98% I’m sure it’s from omnibar . I played yesterday 6 hours with alt and no problems at all . In the moment when login with my main and finished few arenas my mouse just die . The add-ons whos are still out of date are pvp (omnibar, Sarena,gladius, gladiusex, dumpening display). Tryed few games without add-ons and I feel it’s work :smile:

i deleted all my addons and still have this issue

So far its been 7 days since a blue answered here , and only asked a question and didn’t follow up on it. Both US and EU are experiencing this problem , and both sides have currently tried updating everything , deleting addons , trying a insane number of options including me , and we don’t even get acknowledgement that they are working on it or have any idea on a fix.
Dear blizzard , i know you think we play on our phones all day , but when something like a mouse isn’t working in your game , it’s unplayable .
I won’t even go over the crapton of other issues i have regarding FPS issues / DC issues / GPU not being selected most of the time etc.
I waited 7 days and watched both EU and US forums for a fix or a suggestion and none came. I am not going to be a subscriber anymore to this circus.
Happy holidays .

3 Likes

I have had a similar issue to this, I only experience it during Arena games.
My right-click becomes unresponsive during the arena match sometimes, it doesn’t appear to be limited to a certain part of the screen either; it just doesn’t work anywhere.

Sometimes it will return to normal mid arena game or after the game, but more often than not I have to /rl.

Not only is this annoying but when it happens mid game it’s basically unplayable (forced to keyboard turn as a melee is heartbreaking) I have lost count of the games I’ve lost due to this issue and now my regular arena partners are choosing to play with others as it’s happening every other game.

I have Elvui, Gladius, Omnibar, Nameplate Cooldowns, Bigdebuffs, Flyplates all running during arena.
I don’t experience any camera issues out of arena and Gladius is the only addon not being used during that time, I have tried playing arenas without gladius installed and still get the same bug.

1 Like

I have also been experiencing the same issue , i have completely turned add ons off and still had the same issue , seems like when they have no answer its always the add ons fault (which i fully understand can sometimes be the case). I do however feel annoyed with the generic responses we get and as this is the only part of the game i actually play (arena) am pretty cheesed off.
This has pretty much left me with nothing to do apart from level more alts, i already have 7 120’s this expansion and need a break from levelling …merry xmas @ blizzard, i cant wait for the next generic reinstall world of warcraft chestnut to arrive in the post’s.

Edit: After reading another post and using the command /fstack. it has shown the the actual thing in the centre of my screen is the blizzard <1> timertracker, <0> uiparent (the battleground/pvp countdown timer i believe). Although it shows a box in the centre of the screen with this command it also shows a box that fills the entirety of the screen. Kinda annoying having to do /reload every game to continue playing though :frowning: . Was updating my post with findings just to help others and possibly blizzard at narrowing the cause down.

2 Likes