Mouse Turning into 4 Way Arrow on hold click to turn camera

According to the US topic https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/mouse-turning-into-4-way-arrow-on-right-click/1541149/117 nothing works. I guess we should just patiently wait for a fix in the coming months.

Someone found partial workaround: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/mouse-turning-into-4-way-arrow-on-right-click/1541149/123

Using /run SetCVar("rawMouseEnable", 1) you can continue playing almost like before. But the cursor will not reset to where it was before camera movement and it will be visible all the time. So
 if you are careful about mouse position it’s almost a fix except the ugly 4-way cursor.

With my logitech mouse the problem is very hard to achieve with that on. With my mmo corsair mouse it’s happening like before. So it has something to do with mouse DPI.

Hello everyone,

This problem has been under our radar. For a while we were unable to reproduce the issue but by raising the DPI to a very high value (18000), turns out it’s replicable. If you’re using a high dpi setting, lowering it should work as temporary solution, personally, I’m at 1200 (without any mouse accel) and never managed to reproduce the problem until I raised the dpi (between 4500 and 18000).

The info has been passed to our teams.

This started happening to me today on live and PTR (no addons or anything used on PTR) mouse is always on 1400 DPI and it still happens, sometimes 5 min after login, and sometimes 30+ min after login, but its happening all day
 :frowning:

1 Like

Had this happen to me daily for the last 2 months, but recently I’ve been lucky to go 10 minutes without it bugging out and needing a full shut down and restart. Getting to a point where I’m either going to have to quit or take a break until there’s a real fix.

One thing I haven’t seen mentioned yet that I’ve experienced is that this seems to happen a lot more frequently when I’m playing melee classes than ranged? (I main warlock so don’t feel like I have skewed judgement of playing melee more)

It’s such a relief that you can finally reproduce the issue to work on a fix!
I checked my DPI, it’s at 1200, and I am still getting the issue so a high DPI isn’t necessarily needed to get it.

I think it’s high resolution like 4k+ and high dpi combined. Also you need to move camera a lot with mouse button hold down like in m+ or in dragon raiding challenges. So I can imagine that on 1080p or lower even on high dpi mouse it can never happen. Also it may be related to normal/higher fps. A lot of people are playing on low fps because addons are blocking the rendering thread.

I have the same problem since more than a month.

I’m using a Logitech G502.
My DPI is set to 1200 and my Windows sensitivity setting is default.
I have 3 Monitors with 1080p so it can’t be a 4k+ resolution problem
i’ve tried to change the mouse lock to window setting but this don’t fix it.
My wife with the same mouse and nearly the same setting dosn’t have the issue
Let me know if i can provide more informations.

1 Like

I’m not playing much recently so I have not run that many tests. This evening I remembered that I have to collect the Traveler’s Log Points.

So
 It turns out that in Corsair iCue they have added a new option “Polling Rate” that by default is 1000Hz/1ms. I changed it to 125hz/8ms and the bug disappeared for now.

P.S. Don’t forget to set your cvars:
/run SetCVar("MouseNoRepositioning", 0);
/run SetCVar("rawMouseEnable", 1)

1 Like

I had the same issue, removing a windows shortcut fixed it for me

One day i noticed the trigger of it was pressing ALT + SHIFT and rotationg the camera at the same time since im using ALT SHIFT modifiers, ALT+SHIFT is the default windows hotkey to change keyboard layout removing that windows shortcut fixed the problem for me

Very annoying, only restarting the game helps, sometimes it’s good for the day, but sometimes I have to restart the game 5-6 times within 1 hour. I’ve been having this issue for the last 2 patches, about 3-4 months now. High-end gaming like pvp or M+ is unplayable because the only fix is a restart and of course, u cant restart in the middle of the arena or an M+
 so I just started avoiding it and will be avoiding it till Blizzard fixes it.

I have this today :frowning: for no reason!

It’s making my real not enjoy myself and Dragonriding is horrible with it, has anyone got a fix

Same issue here, this sucks, tried every “fix” people has come up with, nothing fixes it

I just used /console MouseNoRepositioning 0 and fixed it! im so happy!

If you have Dell display manager installed, try to exit it or uninstall. Haven’t had this bug since

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.