Moving Target of Target name and hiding Focus' lvl icon

Hi,

I would like to hide the level from my focus frame. Any idea what script to use?

I tried stuff like:

FocusFrameLevel:Hide()

and

FocusFrameLevelIcon:Hide() FocusFrameLevelIcon.Show = function() end

which didn’t work.

Also if it’s possible, I would like to somehow move the name of the Target of Target from below its Resource bar to above its Health bar (similar to how Focus has “Buff on Top” option, think of “Name on Top”). I don’t know if it’s possible at all with a script but I imagine it should be.

Thanks to anyone for the help

This works, but then it still shows the circle texture FocusFrameTextureFrame behind it

/run FocusFrameTextureFrameLevelText:Hide()

This’ll hide the level and the high level texture (skull) even when you change your Focus target

and this will move the name ontop of the Target of Target :slight_smile:

for i,v in pairs({FocusFrame.levelText,FocusFrameTextureFrameHighLevelTexture})do hooksecurefunc(v,"Show",function(s)s:Hide()end)v:Show()end

TargetFrameToTTextureFrameName:ClearAllPoints()
TargetFrameToTTextureFrameName:SetPoint("TOP",50,0)
1 Like

Thanks for replying!

I’m not experienced enough to know if I need to do something else but if I use this command you posted

for i,v in pairs({FocusFrame.levelText,FocusFrameTextureFrameHighLevelTexture})do hooksecurefunc(v,“Show”,function(s)s:Hide()end)v:Show()end

with either /script or /run it (dunno if there is a diff between /script or /run) doesn’t do anything but it prompts a Lua Error window without any actual error text in it.

Same goes for this

TargetFrameToTTextureFrameName:SetPoint(“TOP”,50,0)

(Doesn’t do anything except for prompting a Lua error that doesn’t have any Error message in it.)

The only command that worked was

that removed Target of Target name which is not really something I would want. Could you tell me how to reverse this command incase I don’t find a functioning script?

I tried to input all of those commands ingame and into an addon (which was originally my intention to make the changes permanent for every character) but both methods resulted in the same thing (blank Lua errors)

Edited my post! These damn smart quotes, should be working now

ToT one works now!

Is it possible to move the name slightly to the side (left - closer to the ToT’s portrait) since it looks like the name is now centered into middle as if the ToT frame was supposed to be bigger and there is a gap between Portrait of ToT and the name which is not normally the case when the ToT name is below its frame.

The removing of focus’ lvl stopped prompting blank Lua error however it still doesn’t do anything.

Thanks again for the help

It works on my end, try this instead, should work if not you’ll have some other addon changing the unitframes
And yea ofcourse you can move it anywhere you want, but you’ll have to play around with the coordinates to get it just right.

X = horizontal position (negative = left, positive = right)
Y = verticial position (negative = down, positive = up)

TargetFrameToTTextureFrameName:SetPoint(“TOP”, X , Y )

for i,v in pairs({FocusFrameTextureFrameLevelText,FocusFrameTextureFrameHighLevelTexture})do hooksecurefunc(v,"Show",function(s)s:Hide()end)v:Show()end

TargetFrameToTTextureFrameName:SetPoint("TOP", 0 , 0 )
1 Like

You were right, the remove of lvl works however it only removes the lvl Text (number) and not the circle that contained the text. So I assume I can’t remove that coz it’s perhaps part of the focus frame art? It’s ok tho.

Also the ToT worked perfectly. Thank you very much for helping me out Thyna!

Yes it is part of the art, but there’s a blizz art frame that has no level circle, however if you use this, you wont be able to see if the focus is a rare/elite or small mob

hooksecurefunc("TargetFrame_Update",function()FocusFrameTextureFrameTexture:SetTexture("Interface/TargetingFrame/UI-TargetingFrame-NoLevel")end)

2 Likes

This is perfect! Thank you very much!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.