Multibillion company and 2 people balancing 30+ specs

So there used to be 3 people balancing the specializations of this game, one of them quit. A blue post earlier today stated that there will be no more major changes for talents and spell tweaking for Dragonflight, but the focus will be on bug fixes and number tuning, this for example will mean for Warlocks that Nether Portal will once again, see no use since it’s extremely clunky to use and has been since it’s introduction (4+ years ago).

One of the biggest and longest running complaints in this game are the complaints that certain classes since Legion feel absolutely unsatisying to play. It does not matter if the content is good and you do good numbers if playing your specialization feels horrible.

This thread is dedicated to speculate why and how a huge company like Blizzard can only afford two people to balance the specilalizations.

I firmly believe that:

1. Those who design the specs are sitting so high atop olympus that they do not dare to let anyone meddle in class balance.
  2. Blizzard does not care enough to spend 0.001% of their monetary resources to hire new people for the job.
15 Likes

Arent you overreacting abit? I rlly think most people need to go on some sort of metidation retreat.

5 Likes

WoW players OVERREACTING!?!!??

This guy…

4 Likes

Not really. He’s correct: class design has been awful ever since Legion deleted half the spellbook.

13 Likes

I think after 6 years of terrible warlock design I should be allowed to complain.

4 Likes

The issue is that with the existance of feedback threads a lot of people assume that feedback is wanted and even needed and then several classes and specs even tho people take the time to log onto the ptr and alpha/beta realm to spend their own time testing as well as giving feedback for the sake of the development of their game only to spend the whole development time with 0 suggestions being adressed or even implemented into the tree where they are dependant on wowheads datamining to even find out wether they had an update or not where other classes just near daily updates and insights it does raise the question why are people even testing
why would they test in the future

I don’t mind either way I’ve spent most of SL dodging content because I didn’t like it but still enjoy RP loads, I can do the same for dragonflight. I just won’t trigger any of their engagement metrics. I do miss the game being enjoyable tho, having your main class or spec being not viable is not enjoyable.

1 Like

People “firmly believe” that the earth is flat.

1 Like

This is a speculation thread after all.

And the best class in dps omplain lol

Even with half of spellbook most people can’t do the rotation properly…

2 Likes

Perhaps you should read the thread properly before commenting, you are just making yourself look stupid as you are completely missing my point. Take it easy, breath in and one letter a time.

1 Like

Make something up…
Get people angry about it…

If only we had a name for threads like this.

Well it was revealed about a year ago that the 3rd dev in the class dev team left.
I am trying to find a possible reason to why Blizzard is simply not hiring more devs for this purpose. It’s not like they have ever addressed this topic themselves officially

And what’s the name for comments like yours?
If you think my post is a waste of bits just ignore it like regular people instead of giving it more attention

A) they dont Care
B) players dont Care as long as numbers are there pumping dps / hps

And ye they know its gonna be complete mess but they also know after last failed 8 years that people will Play regardless of anything socthey know they dont have to care

2 Likes

Hurts me to admit but this time you might be correct sir.

1 Like

Some herbs for relaxation also help.

Multibillion company and 2 people balancing 30+ specs

“balancing”

1 Like

This is correct
like you can do good numbers as ret pala…it is a burst pump spec for SURE
but the spec feels like you grate cheese and you hand slip and you cut yourself :smiley:

Im just curious; do we know for sure that there is so few people working on things that matter?

What’s more likely: OP has insider information or made stuff up.

Clue: it’s the weekend!

1 Like