Multiboxer in Epic Battleground (See screens)

The rules are very relevant.

These people are a lot rarer in the game than people think, If multiboxing was going to kill the game then it would have done it already.

They haven’t in the 7 years I have seen multiboxers.

So you are saying rules are now relevant?

That is quite a strawman argument.

Nobody has read the ToS, everyone plays the game in the way they feel it should be allowed. The rules only exist so Blizz can point to something when they decide to ban you. By the way, even in real life, I don’t care about… the law. I just try to do what should be right and so far it has always happened to be lawful. But the law doesn’t dictate my morality.

True, but things have been changing at a rapid pace recently. Multiboxing has become way more accessible - with more powerful PCs becoming much cheaper, it becoming much easier to run multiple instances of WoW at the same time.

I don’t think Blizz will ever ban multiboxing, but they may introduce limits, to maybe 5-10 game instances per machine. There’s many ways to do that, some of which are hard to circumvent (like allowing 10 connections from the same IP). Also I wouldn’t be surprised if they limit the use of 3rd party programs to transfer input to multiple clients.

That’s literally the topic - one man being unkillable due to being a multiboxer.

1 Like

I have.

They can but until someone breaks the rules they can’t stop others playing the way they want to.

So if you want to drive at 90 miles an hour on the roads in the UK you should be allowed to? Blizzard have not specifically banned it.

and if someone has different morals to you, and do something you don’t like but is not against the law, should they be arrested and put in jail?

and what about in HMOs?

Of course they do but as long as they don’t bypass the one keypress per action per account, they are fine.

One man being unkillable by one person due to them multiboxing.

Speak for yourself.

What one feels doesnt matter. If you break the ToS you get punished even for stuff you deem “this is how it should be played” unless they decide to alter the rules straight away

1 Like

Like I said, regarding multiboxing, at some point they will have to. As I said I think in this thread - I already feel like if I take the game seriously I HAVE to multibox. Depends on how seriously I take it, I might even pay someone minimum wage to just play my multiboxing so it doesn’t count as botting. Needless to say, I think multiboxng and botting are on the same tier. One is 20 characters playing themselves and the other is a person sitting in front of a computer, playing one character and 19 playing themselves. Only 5% difference between the two.

The way Korean MMOs found to combat botting is by making “afk farm” actually worth it. You plomp your character somewhere and it does something while you’re afk. In Black Desert, you fish or you train skills, in Cabal you fight the dummy to train, in Lineage 2, you open a private store and sell, there’s many. They designed the game in such a way that you’d be less likely to want to bot in the first place.

Blizz has a history of changing how the game works, if how the game works is breaking it. They changed how messaging works, now you have to press the enter key to send a message. This broke the Console Port addon. The guys spent so much time working on its keyboard (and it’s awesome by the way, surprised it’s not the standard for controller keyboards) and it just doesn’t work now, because Blizz decided to change the game.

If multiboxers want to continue multiboxing, they need to stand against the behavior in the OP. Because that type of garbage is what will lead to Blizz taking action.

That’s fine, if rules are broken, there needs to be consequences. But my mode of operation has always been “if I mess up, something bad is going to happen” and then I’ll deal with that. Even in real life.

That is bannable, letting someone else play on your account(s)

That is wrong, so wrong, one is 100% against the rules and the other is not.

I am against that. Just like I am 100% against botting, you cannot see in pics if someone is botting or multiboxing.

Do I think multiboxing is good? no, but is it against the rules? no. That’s all I am trying to say.

All people can do is make ingame suggestions to Blizzard to change the multiboxing rules, when it’s banned I will start reporting them too.

Its a general rule. And it exists for a reason.

They could have made a ‘window’ for such reasons.
Protect the legit players if used images with names but for reporting things like this it should be fine.

Still trash rule if it covers botters and cheaters anyway.

1 Like

Actually there is even Blizzard report-suggestion: “If you’d like to report a player who is actively preventing you from playing (e.g. intentionally trying to crash the server), please give us the name and realm of the character, and a brief description of the activity.”

I do consider that this fills the requirement, when rest of the people are unable to play normally and they are crashing or about to because of 25 man multiboxing.

2 Likes

Multiboxer naming and shaming is out of the question because they dont break the rules. So the attempt of bashing their individual reputation is already a no go. Doesnt matter if one rightfully deems the act of multiboxing disgusting.

As for Cheaters: Innocent until proven guilty. This is not your job, nor mine, nor the accusers. Once again a nogo

We arent living in the medieval ages anymore im afraid

Do you even know what strawman argument is? It doesn’t look like you do :thinking:

1 Like

Actually it doesn’t, the only thing you can do is make an ingame suggestion.

They are not trying to crash the server but trying to gain an advantage.

That guy was reported first time like an year ago, and he is still here and will be till the end of the world.

And how you would know that? To me it’s clearly abusing game mechanic to make other players unable to play and that is bannable offence in every game.

It’s not abusing a game mechanic. It wouldn’t matter if it’s 1 player controlling 20 characters or 20 players controlling 20 characters, it’s not abuse.

So irrelevant for me to say but man I bet you’re so much fun on a night out Dottie.

I’ve read all your responses and I cant make heads or tails where you stand on muktiboxing and the kind.

Seen your name in a fair few of these kind of threads now. You’re literally always arguing with someone with quote by quote responses :joy:

Also just to rail back on point i think many are now aware the multiboxing ruins a lot for many people. It may not be abuse or breaking rules but I gotta say its infuriating when 20 druids drop out the sky to a herb you were going to grab and deplete it.

Even simply seeing them out in the open grinds my gears like in Stormsong theres nearly always about 40 druids just spamming literally everything in this small zone where the ship is.
Not sure why it irritates me so but it’s the implication of their actions.

Are they solo? Maybe. Are they gold farming dor selling as part of a boost community? Probably.

Urgh. Limits need to be considered. Maybe let’s not eradicate the ability to own and play several accounts but the typical numbers of 8-20 needs to be looked at.

1 Like

Its the best way to respond tho if the post youre responding to contains several points while also eliminating the possibility that one may/could assume what youre saying in response potentially being aimed at a different point than the one the intended

Disagree, having conversations with condensed posts adressing all the arguments one by one is way more readable and coherent than having to scroll twice for one post.

And Multiboxing is worse than scourge at this point.

My point still stands regardless in terms of it eliminating the chance for you to read what i said into something that was never intended.

Not the point of my post and as such an irrelevant statement. Ive already made my opinion on multiboxers clear in this thread.

I thought I made myself clear. I frown upon multiboxing but it’s not against the rules and I’m 100% against botting and that they are not the same thing.

That’s because if I just type then people have in the past thought I was responding to them when I was responding to another post. Quoting makes it obvious to whom you are talking.

1 Like