Multiboxing (Personal thoughts)

Hi
Things die very fast anyway so the speed of killing isn’t a big deal. however if you are farming something and now suddenly have 7 more chances to get the drop. So ofc you would still bring 8 characters to these kinds of farms. However I was mainly talking about herb farming before but this same applies for drop farming too. Most of these people farming are waiting for rare mobs that drop high gold toys pets or mounts.

1 Like

I’m sorry, I don’t understand what scaling you mean. I just kill the mob with my first toon no matter my gear.

You can still run 5 characters to 5 different instances, and kill arthas 5 times within same minute. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What’s that got to do with multiboxing? You can’t use follow from different instances.

If Blizzard wanted to keep the player base in mind they’d ban people for just simply running more than one character, multiboxing is a disgusting practice and should be simply removed and treated like botting anyway and in all honesty I’m surprised the TOS didn’t include controlling more than one character as a bannable offense ontop of the software cause it really should. Just end all of it :weary: end the suffering of druid farmers, pvp games being ruined by multiboxers and all the other likes of it.

Blizzard is NOT going to ban windows 10 functions … You do not need to /follow. Thats not how I got my long boi. I did not send my characters to same dungeon all together. They were in different instances.

And I did not use a ‘3rd party software’ for it :slight_smile:

And this is was never a problem so what is the point of this argument?

2 Likes

I’m so confused. What Win 10 functions are you talking about (I use Win 8.1)?
You need /follow for multiboxing, because it is impossible to rotate all the chars for the same amount when turning. That’s why killing /follow in PvP stopped multiboxing in PvP.

And please answer what scaling you meant in the other post.

Errr… You haven’t needed /follow like since … wotlk ?

Can you please answer my questions then?

Legion mob HP scaling. It was not always beneficial to engage all in combat if gear differences were too big like I had.

1 Like

Oh, I don’t remember Legion scaling ever causing problems (wasn’t it just scaling by your level, not ilevel?). Then just use the most appropriate character as a main. My point still stands.

Or maybe you meant rare mob HP scaling when more people attack it? In that case, just have your other toons tag the mob when it’s near death.

I googled Win 10 functions, since you wouldn’t tell me what they are. I’m going to need to upgrade my Windows, lol. :slight_smile:
Can you explain how you synchronized turn in different instances using Win 10 without /follow?

Windows 10 allows you to do what Blizzard just said you cannot, but its one of the core functions in 10 - ability to send keystrokes to several apps at once. I mean … just tell windows to repeat keystroke later and its like 2 players.

Fascinating. So this change was more to make people that kept complaining quiet. Nothing will actually change.

1 Like

Well thing is the problematic boxers (i.e. herbing druids*10) did use software and crossed border with botting. If you want to do your own small thing because you are just bored to control one character, then you can use basic tools.

As i have said - i have never been attacked for MBing in this game because I have really not done anything to cause mayham. I do dungeon, help my alts. Even counter ganking I have done from one character and not as MB.

Side note : i do not herb, it bores me :crazy_face:

As I’m not a Windows user (linux), so I’m a little confused what your referring to with these new windows 10 features? Do you have an article that you can link or copy the headline from that explains this? I know of the API’s for sending keys in windows but not some kind of macro feature, nor can I find anything about this.

Sorry to break your dreams, but just the fact that you have to alt tab is already making it way worse. You can come up with ideas, ways but it just won’t matter. Multiboxing isn’t banned but the reason why it was used is gone. That input broadcasting was the key to all this. Ofc you can still open multiple accs and start farming but for how long you gonna alt tab and not get tired of doing that. For a player who was opening 8 accs in l2 back in time i find it very annoying.

2 Likes

It’s very easy and people were doing it for years before the broadcasting software was invented.

2 Likes

Noone said it isn’t but how efficent ia it compared to input.

1 Like

Most multiboxers that I saw were AFK moonkin farming for 12 hours a day.

Keyword: AFK

They are lazy people who dont know how to play the game. I dont expect any of those people to start alt+tabbing between clients. Too much work.

Alt+tabbing clients to gather herbs is pretty ludicrous also. I think most would quit trying after gathering the 5th herb node.