Multiboxing (Personal thoughts)

You can guarantee boxers will try to tip-toe around the rules to continue abusing the game, that’s exactly what cheaters do.

For now this policy change is a start.

4 Likes

I’m not really here to contest this but overall I think the amount of characters you can box should be a consideration.
Every player has power to effect the game in some way or another and this amount should be reasonable and based on how much they can control:
Someone with 1 character and no friends is powerless,
5 multiboxing, maybe the same as someone with their friends.
Then past that, in terms of welding power, there’s maybe GM’s and after that streamers. Should 1 person really have the ability to summon 40 characters on demand? I’m not sure that’s reasonable…
But I’m overall here as a multibox advocate, within reason.

Please read my OP, I’ve clearly explained why this will not affect people multiboxing to farm in the world. This will still exist with the way it currently stands. This slight inconvenience (and it is very minor) is not enough to give up x8 the revenue I can assure you.

1 Like

So you’re telling me people are going to kill mobs with 1 character and loot with 8 when the current means is to use software to have multiple characters do the killing, I highly doubt it.

1 Like
  • macros with /follow main char

Macros wont help tho if software is banned they’d still have to alt tab from what I understand at the bare minimum to do the looting and most likely casting/shapeshifting. This is likely to be a big deal since it kills off alot of the mass farming which happens potentially.

The people like me will not tip-toe around the rules, they’ll just quit. The people you are against will not be affected by this change enough to stop.

I totally agree that multiboxers should disappear. They literally play f2p and making tons of gold.

I am quite certain most people buying tokens do not multibox. Most certainly MBs are nothing, but a fraction of total playerbase.

Oh this will not stop botting problem at all. I am not sure why people think it would. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I very much agree with the OP. Blizz should have made a 5-10 second cooldown when a node is mined, before another player can mine it. Alt Tab (or Alt Esc in this case) and right click when in first person with follow on is very fast and easy, so nothing is truly solved about the economic impact.

I would usually not even bother with the other toons, they just follow. Things die way to fast anyway.

Well not engaging combat with minions has always been impractical if your lead character was mythic raid geared due to scaling.

Hi
Things die very fast anyway so the speed of killing isn’t a big deal. however if you are farming something and now suddenly have 7 more chances to get the drop. So ofc you would still bring 8 characters to these kinds of farms. However I was mainly talking about herb farming before but this same applies for drop farming too. Most of these people farming are waiting for rare mobs that drop high gold toys pets or mounts.

1 Like

I’m sorry, I don’t understand what scaling you mean. I just kill the mob with my first toon no matter my gear.

You can still run 5 characters to 5 different instances, and kill arthas 5 times within same minute. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What’s that got to do with multiboxing? You can’t use follow from different instances.

If Blizzard wanted to keep the player base in mind they’d ban people for just simply running more than one character, multiboxing is a disgusting practice and should be simply removed and treated like botting anyway and in all honesty I’m surprised the TOS didn’t include controlling more than one character as a bannable offense ontop of the software cause it really should. Just end all of it :weary: end the suffering of druid farmers, pvp games being ruined by multiboxers and all the other likes of it.

Blizzard is NOT going to ban windows 10 functions … You do not need to /follow. Thats not how I got my long boi. I did not send my characters to same dungeon all together. They were in different instances.

And I did not use a ‘3rd party software’ for it :slight_smile:

And this is was never a problem so what is the point of this argument?

2 Likes

I’m so confused. What Win 10 functions are you talking about (I use Win 8.1)?
You need /follow for multiboxing, because it is impossible to rotate all the chars for the same amount when turning. That’s why killing /follow in PvP stopped multiboxing in PvP.

And please answer what scaling you meant in the other post.