MVP is misleading and should be removed

Finally someone said it, i thought i was the only one thinking this way.

Reading the US forums and reading posts from their MVPS is supporting this sentence a lot more.

Good example is their Monk MVP stating how Windwalker is actually fine and trying as hard as possible to talk good about Windwalker when the reality is that this specc is completly gutted and destroyed in both parts of the game.

3 Likes

I knew the system was flawed when I wasn’t selected as an MVP.

I tell it how it is!

But, the truth hurts.

No disrespect the some of the MVPs, they seem like nice people. But, total fan boys, 99.9% of the time.

As original poster mentioned, they never say anything negative about blizzard.

1 Like

Thanks Jito - I knew none of the original history of the MVPs.
You’ve also pointed out something important that others didn’t mention. There are 2 sorts of MVPs in EU: the community mvps chosen & organised by the community team and the customer service mvps chosen & organised by the CS team. I’m one of the latter and we are basically chosen because we can help with CS stuff when the blues aren’t around.
As for being fanbois, we aren’t. If we don’t agree with something Blizzard’s done, we say so.
Finally, re Jito’s ‘perks’ list, none of that happens now except sometimes the beta (or not for CS mvps anyway).

6 Likes

My impression of MVP’s is that they are to live up to a certain standard with their posts such as refraining from being toxic, try their best to help, provide properly thought out feedback etc. Pretty much the ideal forum poster. Which is why I was surprised to see that Punyelf guy was promoted considering his history. Just goes to say that you don’t need a perfect record to be eligible I guess.

2 Likes

So essentially there are two different type of subscriptions to World of Warcraft.

"The MVP Subscription" - Which gets you access to the game, Alpha and Beta invite, more value placed on your opinion on forums and a LOT more.

Regular Subscription - Which gets you access to the game.

In terms of cost, Regular Subscription players will pay just as much as “MVP Subscription” players do.

And I know this all seems unfair but only if you didn’t take into account that MVPs contribute to the community and encourage polite discussions on forums…see?..now it’s fair.

Thats hilarious. I didn’t know Jito was an “MVP,” at some point. Its not surprising, he fits the bill. Fan boi to the max.

2 Likes

What I don’t like about MVPs is that they think their word is law, and that they think they can ”correct” everyone as if they are right 100% of the time.

2 Likes

I can understand why you where not picked for one massive reason you have a very low IQ.
Anyone who uses “fanboi” and made up stats like you do and some of the other plebs in this post will never deserve it.
Facts are ive seen over the course of the MVPs each one of them give blizzard a bashing but guess what .
They do it in an adult and constructive manner .
So please go take your negative views and your drool/dribbles into your bib elsewhere.

7 Likes

be nice!!!

Why should i ? The boy is insulting or rather trying to insult people he knows nothing about .
I despise people like that they are a waste of forum space .
All they do is try to be edgy and spout inane BS and be one of the “bois”
They dont deserve anything from anyone apart fron utter contempt.

1 Like

because you’re better than that

Its cause im very sore and ill atm with problems making me snappy .
I might think people like ex MvP Jito are annoying but i have seen him rip blizzard a new one many times same with other MvPs they are far from fan people they just know how to conduct themselfs .
But im going back to my sick bed to sulk :expressionless:

1 Like

feel better soon! :two_hearts:

1 Like

See that’s why I say the MVP Program lacks purpose, and in a similar vein it lacks transparency.

Because you don’t know. You know nothing about the MVP Program, how it works, who the MVPs are, what they do, or why they were chosen.

So you just make up your own reasons and expectations based on what you see and hear.

But it just feeds the stereotype. They’re all fanboys, brownnosers, bootlickers, propaganda machines, etc…

If the MVP Program was better defined and information was more widely available about it, then you wouldn’t have to make these silly assumptions.

But because much of what the MVP Program entails happens behind the scenes and information exists in obscure and unknown places, then you’re pretty much left to make guesses of your own about it. And I don’t think that is healthy for the program, because then it no longer represents that which it is supposed to represent, but rather that which stupid people like you perceive it to be.

And that’s sad.

7 Likes

If that’s the case, then I should be an MVP, I can run circles around all of them put together.

1 Like

I don’t see lots of “constructive criticism” here at all, and neither on the us forums, or any other WoW community. It’s mostly armchair gamedesign posts or demands that blizzard employees get fired. Still the people that write it are treated as heroes and “rebels” and anything to the contrary is called sugarcoating.
The vocal part of the WoW community is so hostile and set in their dogmas, it’s no wonder every moderate forum poster seems like a shill to them.
I’ve never read anything in an MVP post that upset me, even if I disagreed, maybe that’s why they are chosen?

3 Likes

You see this as a positive?..no mate, that’s the biggest indictment of them, it’s an act.

At some point, I’m sure you took offense to something one of your family members said.

That’s what happens when they gave you their honest opinion.

I like most of our current mvps. I doubt most of them care about me though. They have their own opinions and they don’t always agree with blizzard. Not to mention if we weren’t ‘fanboys’ we wouldn’t be playing this game so I fear that this argument holds no ground.

2 Likes