MVP is misleading and should be removed

Hello everyone.
I was scrolling around the forums when I noticed the MVP post by blizzard. After some inspection, I realized that 90% of MVPs are just Blizzard fanboys. In topics related to wows biggest problems, e.g. Azerite gear and rep locked storyline they simply defend Blizzard with little to no clarification. Some MVPs have as little as 1000 posts which is surprising, considering I’ve seen lots of people with 5k posts and up without the MVP title. Seems like getting the title has little to no connection with “promote constructive posting” as Blizzard said but with sugarcoating problems and making people turn their heads away from them.

My solution: Remove them or make them be picked by the community. Something similar to likes.

TLDR; It’s not needed and should be removed.

57 Likes

While some MVPs are trully only deffending blizzard , there are few that help the community with answers to some questions.

3 Likes

You do realise that the post counts were reset 2 weeks ago when the new forums went live?

Green eyed monster is not a good look btw lololol

:rofl:

12 Likes

Not all are just mindless Fanboys. I have seen mvps being very critical with certain stuff from Blizzard.

Regarding post Count: with the change to the Forums the Counter has been kinda reset… only the last 2 weeks of posts were taken over to the new forum. I had over 6k and am now left with less than 100…

3 Likes

If someone wants to be an mvp they need a certain personality that sadly mostly people lack

Blizzard fanboy is quite misleading since many of them actually does give feedback what they are not happy about

And it’s not about the quantity of posts, it’s how they choose to respond

6 Likes

Was about to say this actually.

Well, this actually isn’t true, I’ve witnessed lots of MVP posters being critical of a feature of the game or upcoming features.

I highly doubt being an MVP means you can’t have a critical voice when you want to, and as such the opposite applies - simply because they have the title doesn’t mean they can’t say what they like or don’t like.

Other than that, these new forums reward regular posters with Trust levels - gradually you get to level 3 which enables you to do more with posting and have freedoms with posting that other posters who are at level 0 and 1 cannot do.

3 Likes

You do realize that the post counts were reset 2 weeks ago when the new forums went live?

with the change to the Forums the Counter has been kinda reset…

I know, but even before some MVPs used to have less than 5k.

Not all are just mindless Fanboys.

That’s why I said; around 90%. I’ve met some really nice MVPs that were not sugarcoating every problem. But they have a low drop rate.

They are people… as such they can be white knights, haters or reasonable people (or whatever label).
See them as the person they are and judge them on that… not their title. :wink:

3 Likes

whenever blizzard says ‘‘promote constructive feedback’’ basicly it just means that they never post bad about blizzard and are always ready to defend them, another fun fact is that ‘‘MVP’’ people start with higher ‘‘trust’’ lvls then anyone else, seen them with ranks that arent even possible to have yet.

9 Likes

I find it hard to take them serious no matter if they are helpful or straight up delusional.

They are basically just normal players like all of us posting in green fonts and threads get marked when they answered.

It’s so unneccessary. I don’t care if any of the MVP’s answered. They bring nothing even slightly more interesting to the forums than the average forum poster so why should I care?

9 Likes

Why not make MVP be decided by the community? Blizzard should make a poll for active users (can be determined by post count) to vote for the next MVP. Something similar to worker of the month.

4 Likes

Thank you for stating the most obvious thing since the mvp’s program start.

3 Likes

Disagreement with (popular) opinions doesn’t make someone a fanboy.
But that’s how these forums kinda works these days sadly.

9 Likes

There is nothing wrong nor illogical with such programs causing slight bias,
also backing up your opinion is of course the smart thing to do.

i just thought they were forum moderators

its just plain logic that a forum they wouldn’t go bítching about the game theyre managing the forums of

you wouldn’t last long at maccy d’s if you told every customer that the chicken nuggets were made of sawdust and dog, the same apploes anywhere else

Only MVP we need is shammoz anyway

this would be fun tho lmao

Shame that supporting the game is seen as such a negative thing. Any person who is willing to pick up the challenge of helping, guiding and assisting players that come onto these forums with a caring heart is OK in my books. Those that make it to that level of status deserve our respect. They are also lovers of the game.

Their real quality is not to get involved with petty, pointless posts as created here. Instead, I am sure, they will honour the good name of World of Warcraft cus that is why they were chosen. I mean… seriously, why would they choose any other type of player.

Well done I say all to MVPs. And if that makes me a fan of the game then I wear my badge with pride… I love this game. We should give these guys our full support if we are to develop a more constructive forum.

18 Likes

New forum is kinda dead anyway… and who would want to write in ugly green~

They are getting anything for wearing this useless title?

MVP’s are the closest thing to being un-biased on the forums while having more interaction on the forums than some of the blues do which are here for forum engagement all the while remaining professional when speaking as if they represented the company while still being able to give out their own opinion. Which is why they have earned the MVP title (Probably.)

5 Likes

… and you just lost all credibility.

3 Likes