MW low ST healing in mythic

Hi,
I will mention first that I am quite new to healing as well as the monk class.

I have tried to start doing mythics (m2) on this char and boy is this hard. It seems to me like every tank that enters the dungeon has his health bar dancing to dubstep.

From my (begginers) understanding of the class I should:

1. Keep mist HoT on CD (so that once I need to heal bigger dmg with vivify it will heal multiple targets)
  2. Keep feeline stomp up. Stand on it to get my healing from dmg abilities up. Do “maintenance healing” by crane kick
  3. Soothing mist + env mist + vivify on tank once he is getting heavy dmg. And ideally having HoTs on other party members so everyone gets healed by vivify.

What actually happens is that:

1. Tank gets the group. His life goes instantly to 10%, I do cocon on him and start soothing + env + vivify and struggle to keep his life over 50%.

Seems to me that I am doing very little healing with vivify. Am I doing something wrong?

Pick Chi’Ji and Legacy of wisdom (sheliun talent) instead of mana tea.

At 3+ enemies you’ll mostly just faeline+spinning crane kick unless there’s heavy single target damage on 1-2 players as this rotation is better suited for group healing (unless you’re hitting 10 targets in which case just spam it).

Go to the cleave training dummies in valdrakken and do: faeline- essence font-rising sun kick-Chi’Ji then spam blackout kick-tiger palm-BK-TP and check the numbers. This is basically your strong heal CD when you can cleave 2-3 enemies.
While Chi’Ji is up you’d only use enveloping if you can only hit 1 enemy.

In general tanks shouldn’t require spamhealing. Blood DKs are a bit deceptive since you need to look at their runic power instead of their HP. On hard pulls you can use cocoon preemptively to give yourself (and the tank) time to build up their rotation.

1 Like

in that case find a new tank, unless it is a bdk. In like 90% of the cases tanks dont need heal. Even if you spam heal with any healer, it doesn’t do much on 800k hp pools

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.