MW monk saved?

The talents look good imo. Im pretty sure they allow 3+ playstyles depending on what you wanna achieve.

From a pvp perspective i would say they are overpowered. In SL blizzard took away every good defensive from the monk now they are like hmm lets give them 3 shield walls, ring, cocoon, 2 healing cds, double port, 1 min cd autohealing pet, best mobility in game, AN ITERUPT and a ROOT HOLY. Idk how other classes match up, but this looks bonkers compared to the SL version.

1 Like

I think it is going to be still bad. No CC, no DMG, just raw healing. Probably it will work just fine in spell cleave but I wouldn’t play meele cleave with it.
Regarding interrupt and root, it is always very risky to go into meele as monk.

No cc? U talking about pve or what? Dont want to intrude, but havent read all topic .

Cuz pvp wise- incap-stun-sleep are like 15 seconds of cc+ ring of peace

How can u even state no cc as a mw; :slight_smile:

1 Like

Its rly op, i m sure will be the king of solo s.

Played vs mw at 1900 solo and no one defended me vs the 15 sec combo cc.

Not even resto druid can do that much cc.

It will fall
Down a bit vs people that know how to intrerupt the mw cc goes.

But yea, mw its clearly a safe bet in DF-pvp wise

Have fun!

I don’t believe in a MW meta, it will get nerfed before end of the month like always. MW were garbage for years, now it has decent defensives and cc chain, but no damage.

I believe MW is 2v2 king but 3v3 it can just get targeted and you die in 1 second.

1 Like

Incap: 3 sec CC every 30 sec.
Stun: 3 sec stun every 55 sec
Sleep: you are right this is new.

What I was saying that other healers has a spammable CC + other CCs
Priest: 8 sec Mind Control, 6 sec Fear, 3 sec Stun
Shaman: 8 sec Hex, Interrupt, 5 sec lasso, 5 sec stun totem, root, slow, purge
Paladin: 8 sec Repentance, 6 sec stun, 6 sec blind
Druid: 6 sec clone, incap, stun

Priest has dmg, shaman has dmg, druid can play with dmg build. I still think that other healers has more utilitys.

2 Likes

Hei man; i was just saying the whole combo incap-stun-sleep its strong.

Not saying other healers dony have cc

But as an example- holy is similar i agree

But disc- fear and mc share dr- and mc is a cast; taking into consideration that some classes have remove fear spells, its harder to execute and not so reliant.

Wasnt flaming, jist played againat some decent mw and the combo when executed, was fast and rly game changing.

Ofc if u can execute a fear mc as a dp could have a similar result.

But as an example- when u do ur combo u fan still heal or do damage.

Outside of fear, if i MC i cant heal or dps, i think its more unreliable, especialy in solo s , where the comunicatiin beside open doors is lacking:)

All good man, ty for reply and info!

Song of Chi-Ji is a fairly situational talent.

i was just saying the whole combo incap-stun-sleep its strong.

Its rly op, i m sure will be the king of solo s.

Yes, it’s certainly a strong combo if you let it happen. Is it overturned? it feels like a bit of a stretch as I don’t think Song is a talent MWs are always going to take and they will almost certainly be leaving some healing throughput talents on the table as a tradeoff.

The advice I would give you is to consider positioning; MW has a straightforward baseline healing rotation but some of the complexities of the spec come from how it must position itself.
If a MW runs outside of its port range to cc and you have no reaction either before or after that, sure, you might consider it’s cc ‘op’. However, a MW out of position is easily punished.

For example, what can a MW do in a stun? Trinket, Port (If in range) or Restoral.

The heal from Restoral is mostly good for dispelling but its single target heal isn’t going to probably be enough to save from a burst. So, in the instance where you’ve correctly positioned yourself around the MW port, its only option is to Trinket which can be a considerable tide change in some games.

Now, when it comes to Solo Shuffle, it typically isn’t going to have the cohesion you might get from playing 2s or 3s with the same group. As such, there’s more reliance on you to directly combat the enemy healer if they’re doing these things to you. I think as you play more and more against MW’ers you’ll be able to see the setup coming a mile away and be able to plan / position accordingly.

There it is -10% healing. Have fun on your Evoker guys

Excuse me???

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.