My Account was banned after being hacked with no response to my Ticket

Hello everyone,
I created this account in the hope of finding someone who can help me with my hacked and banned account. I know this is not the correct way, but unfortunately, my ticket has not received any response for the last 6 days, making me desperate to find a way to restore my account. On March 7th, my account was hacked, and my email and password were changed. As soon as I noticed, I opened a support ticket to report the hack. However, since I couldn’t access my account, I had to provide my email and phone number. Using my phone number, I managed to recover my account by changing the email and password. Although my gold was gone, my character was still intact, which left me relieved because I would have lost it if it were deleted.

However, shortly after regaining access to my account, I received an email stating that my WoW account was closed because of the “Abuse of the Economy” made by the hacker. Then I received another email saying that my Blizzard account was closed because it was compromised. The only response to my first ticket was a generic one stating that the WoW account closure was based on the terms of service, with links provided to those terms of service.

I opened another ticket six days ago, explaining in detail how everything happened and asked for my logs and IP addresses to be verified to prove that I was hacked and didn’t break any rules. I would really appreciate your help with this issue because I don’t know who else to contact. I started playing again about three months ago, and I’m really enjoying it again. If there is anything else I need to provide, please let me know, and I will provide all the information necessary to resolve this issue.

Thank You

1 Like

The account holder is responsible for the account’s behavior. We apply penalties no matter who was playing at the time. Extenuating individual circumstances will not lead to the removal of a penalty.

In the end as far as Blizzard sees it you are responsible to what is done by your account even if it was hacked. Whether they decide to reduce/remove the ban is up to them.

Assuming it’s not a permanent ban, secure your blizzard account and email with two factor authentication to prevent getting hacked in the future.

If you believe that your account has been compromised Datworogue, please do open a ticket in the correct category:

https://battle.net/support/help/product/services/316/973/solution

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. I understand what they are trying to say but still it’s sad that I have to lose my Account and Game-time that I bought with my heard earned Money because my Account got Hacked wich also can be verified. Sadly I do not have access to my Account anymore since it was completely closed.

@Yryadorne, thanks for your reply, I already opened a Ticket trough this Account for my Main Account DaTwoPak#2225 that is currently banned but sadly haven’t got a response in 6 Days now.

1 Like

You opened a ticket to appeal a ban, which is why I’m advising you to make sure that you open a ticket in the correct category (i.e. a compromised account). :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sry, I am not sure what you mean. My Ticket that I opened (EU93619428) is in the category Account hacked / compromised. Thank You

Unless I misread, you opened an appeal. If you did open a ticket for a compromised account, then that’s my bad. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s all good :slight_smile: The ticket I submitted is regarding a compromised account. I added more details to provide a better understanding of what happened step by step that is why I mentioned that my WoW account license was initially suspended, and after that my entire Blizzard Account got banned.

Hy guys, a quick Update.

My Account got unbanned yesterday 17.03.2024.
A kind GM reviewed everything and unbanned my Account and my game-license.

I just wanted to thank everyone again for the Help.

1 Like

(EDIT: A kind staff member helped me and they unbanned my account) Hi I have the same story… Except Im a fairly new player who bought a 6 moths sub to enjoy the game after playing a good amount with the free trial. But thursday When I tried to login, it said your account is permanently banned. I did not do anything, I made a ticket with a new account and gave my account information but still no replies. I saw people who facing this issue alot right now… Please read our tickets and inspect my account. They sent me an e-mail but it does not even contain any information why they banned me… Please help

Glad to see that the compromise reported here was resolved. Closing the topics as it’s getting derailed with unrelated appeals.

For anyone else that need help with a compromised account, see: