My laptop puts itself into sleep mode after turning on WoW ;p

it never happened before but today, several times, my laptop HP envy 17 suddenly would put itself into sleep mode after about a few minutes of playing WoW… any ideas what could cause this? Using anything else doesn’t seem to cause the issue. I’m now reinstalling wow but the problem happens again (the reinstall isn’t complete tho).

I updated anything I could in the system, drivers etc. Idk what’s the issue now…

Hey Alchemiczka,

It sounds like it may be overheating, which can happen pretty easily on laptops if there is an issue with airflow/cooling, such as when using it on your lap or another soft surface.

Obviously make sure it’s plugged in properly to a power outlet as well, though you may also need to review specific power settings to make sure it’s set up for high performance.

For all the details, check out the support articles here:

and here:

OK, it no longers goes into a sleep mode but now every few minutes I get black screen for 1-2 seconds - any idea how to fix this? xd

That is typical behaviour of a crashing graphics driver. There are other suspects, but the graphics driver is usually the cause.

I updated the driver and it persists :S

seems like it’s not a driver if i freshly updated it… anything else then?

We have an article dedicated to a black screen in world of warcraft here, the extra command line section in particular might be worth a look, but the other steps should be done too if that doesn’t help!

nothing seems to be doing the trick. for a moment the black screens even started to be longer… now they seem rarer tho but they still happen.

Sounds like your laptop is tired, have you tried putting it to bed?

don’t try to be funny here

awe oki, i’m sorry <3

So… they seem to be more rare but they still appear after doing pretty much everything from the list. I already played in a windowed mode anyway.

Also, after disabling all addons, the problems seemed to be gone for a while but it appeared again… I’ve lost any hope I can fix it now