My main issue with the current state of PvP

I have just come back to the game after having taken a break during MoP. I jumped into some of the new Mythix+ PvE content and enjoyed it a lot, but my main enjoyment comes from PvP.

I’m not a PvP expert by any means. I got to around 1800 in 2v2 Arenas in MoP, and I’m on course for a similar rating in BfA. I was already pretty well geared from Mythic+ dungeons.

I noticed that Arena wins now have a chance of rewarding loot, and when you reach your conquest cap, you get a pre-determined piece of loot. That’s great - except that all the loot is significantly worse than the gear I had picked up in Mythic dungeons. The random loot rewards are a nice touch, except when I get a piece of gear which I already have. Then it’s just a waste - Off to the Shred-o-Matic! Not fun.

A significantly better PvP system was getting honor and conquest points from completing BGs and Arenas respectively. At least that way you knew you were working towards something. This, in my humble opinion, is one of the really fun things about WoW. Working towards a goal. I don’t mind farming, following a long quest chain or grinding out dungeons/battlegrounds/whatever as long as there is something cool at the end of it. Light at the end of the tunnel.

Random loot rewards are just that. Random. You don’t know what you’re going to get, when you’re going to get it, what the stats will be (they could be utterly useless) and whether it will actually be an upgrade on what you currently have.

The currency/vendor system was infinitely better.

Thank you to anyone who has taken the time to read this, and I’d be happy to hear your thoughts below.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.