My resto shaman talents

For a bit over a week, since I made up my mind on NOT giving up on the spec I love the most, I’ve been trying out all sorts of talents.

I finally found a setup that works for me, and it managed to get me through (so far) up to a +10.

As I’m aware, I am casting healing spells a lot, I don’t want to run out of mana. As nice as ever-rising tide sounds, in pugs, it makes me run out of mana of quickly.

So I went for resurgence as a must.

I also noticed that I’m a slow caster, that made me go for flash flood as a must., also adding master of the elements, since using flame shock as a lava burst procer (obv. with lava surge), I got some buff to heals and even dmg.

Fire and Ice, I skipped, 3% is nothing, looks nice on paper, but in practise. Should be at least 20% to make it viable for dmg.

When haste is decent, I could let go of flash flood, and probably would go for torrent.

As nice as primordial wave is, the output isn’t like amazing or something.

Ancestral guidance is a must, next to ascendance, it’s the biggest ow sh… button to press. Usually I press this skill along with nature’s swiftness, a quick chain heal usually helps.

Acid rain, I’m not sure of, sure it’s dmg, but it’s not amazing or something.

I am still thinking of trying out a build with flow of the tides and high tide.

Unlike otehr healing specs I tried, for this one, you do need to work a bit harder.

Of course I also still hope for some buffs, I don’t need to be fotm, or super OP, just viable.

For now (and I don’t have any tiers yet), this seems to work decent for me. Doesn’t mean this is the build for everyone, I just tried the wowhead version, possible that’s a setup for when you’re higher geared, not sure, I also like to play my own way, and over the years I did make stuff work that wasn’t advised in guides.

I just don’t like a slow casting spell, and at the end of the day, it doesn’t do a lot. I try to make my play as fast as possible, I don’t cast a lot of chain heals, basically only in the ancestral guidance window.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.