My Starry Review Of Dragonflight

Ok it was a troll bait. Didn’t read most of your posts anyway, because I sensed it

1 Like

Why are you moaning on the forums about people moaning when you could be doing something you actually enjoy? Literally paid shill, no other explanation why you stalk these threads and even proudly reported it as if it’s some kind of dislike button.

Must say I am surprised with this thread coming from Jito, which really strengthens my theory that most people who defend the current direction are doing so out of emotional attachment and not rationality. Imagine defending a game as if someone insulted your mother when at the same time you would only rate it 2/5 stars.

It’s clear we are hitting the real collapse at this stage.

4 Likes

He isnt trolling you and you are trolling him tbh as you are being very aggersive for no reason.

umm based and blackpilled? ; o on argent dawn ;p wow thats rare

3 Likes

Ha! :sweat_smile:

What I was trying to say is that you should not put too much emphasis on my opinion or the manner in which I expressed it, because I am just one random guy sharing his thoughts.
My thoughts can mean as much or as little to you as you want. It doesn’t matter how I present them and whether my categories are structured as you would like or not.

If you liked reading my post, then great. If you didn’t, then that’s unfortunate, but the forum is luckily filled with many other posts by many other people.

Like…I mean, c’mon. It’s just a post on a forum on the internet. You read it at your own leisure, or you don’t. :melting_face:

3 Likes

I know me and you do not see eye to eye but him and this Carn are being really narky for no reason towards a person who has been polite through out.

1 Like

Exactly constructive criticsm is absolutely fine.

I’m happy to say there are definitely things in DF that need improvement, I’m happy to suggest those improvements as well.

But when the criticisms are making the game overwhelming below average like OP has marked pretty much everything 2 starts, you gotta to wonder why people torture themselves so much.

See, you should let go of that Bitterness. That bitterness will rub off on you. It’s okay not to like the game, but it’s a game at the end of the day. At least you have found something you enjoy though.

You’re right. I actually planned to do some M+ this evening. But I’ve been getting frustrated here.

So hopefully you’ll understand why feeling the need to express your dislike of something to someone who is actually enjoying it is a bad thing.

Who has written this means nothing to me. At the end of the day, if you’re having a good time play the game. IF you’re not walk away and find something to enjoy in your free time.

That is huge coming from the biggest troll on the forum.

well the poster did say the exact thing to the orc who said he finds df the worst expansioin in wow history so i guess if u dish out spice be sure to be ready to eat jalapenos sauce

2 Likes

Well I did notice that you like to hide your Profile.

But lucky for everyone else, that doesn’t hide it from Google.

So after the last time you quoted an old post of mine out of context to try and be rude to me, Googled your name and server and found your post history you conveniently hid away.

The first result you told someone they lacked any intellect, and the 2nd result you were Flagged and hidden. I didn’t really need to go any further, but I’m sure it’ll be an interesting read next time you try to troll me.

A fine example! Have a good old Stab, but run away and play victim when someone calls you out.

Imo, i’ve never experienced a version of wow as good as Dragonflight, and from what I’ve heared, Legion was way worse. Please name any version of wow except Mop and wotlk, that even comes close to dragonflight. People are fanboys about legion, because it’s a past memory, when it wasn’t as popular to hate blizzard, and it’s the sequel of tbc basically. However, as a game, you’ve had stuff like titan forging, or legendaries, where you had to reroll, when you got the wrong one. Borrowed power was introduced in Legion. Legion doesn’t even come a kilometer close to dragonflight gameplay-wise disregarding lore/theme/etc.

1 Like

Just personally, in terms of “expansion ranking” of the box product experience, I’d probably place them as such (orders don’t matter, only groups):

Battle for Azeroth
Mists of Pandaria
Legion

Dragonflight
Cataclysm
Wrath of the Lich King
The Burning Crusade

Warlords of Draenor

The first 3 feel like the biggest in terms of the production resources going into them. They’re the beefiest and the biggest, the most features and broadest designs. You get a lot of good game up front in their expansion boxes.

The next 4 are your standard fare. This is average WoW. These expansions revolve mostly around their core gameplay activities like dungeons and raids and PvP. You have zones and quests and classes or races, but you don’t get the impression that Blizzard have blown their budget to make these expansions. They’re standard fare.

And then there’s Warlords of Draenor, the only expansion with a box product where you can see that content has been cut and zones and features are missing and where the playthrough before the grind kicks in is considerably shorter than all the other expansions.

So I’m not saying Dragonflight is bad. The box product is middle of the pack as a game experience. As a WoW experience. Blizzard haven’t tried to do WoW 2.0 here and The Dragon Isles doesn’t have twice as many zones and dungeons as we’re used to. It’s the same standard fare as always.

Personally you may still think Dragonflight is the best expansion ever, and I can totally understand that. And anyone else can feel the same about any other expansion and that’s also totally understandable, because what Blizzard are exceptionally good at is creating games of a consistently high quality. So the difference between 2/5 and 5/5 is really small when we’re comparing WoW expansions, because we’re all looking at them from the perspective of someone who plays WoW and enjoys WoW, so it’s like evaluating your favorite brand of cola. You may have a preference, but there honestly isn’t much of a difference between the best and the worst, even if you rate one 2/5 and the other 5/5.

Relative comparison, it is a thing. :crazy_face:

1 Like

First patch was awful but after that and some changes to AP it was a really fun and engaging expac probably the most fun i have had after TBC and MoP.

Shadowlands season 1 was rhe worst experience ive had in 2 decades of gaming, there isnt a patch, a launch or a period of time in any game, not even f2p failures That ive seen such terrible. BS horrific and completely off the mark content produced.

This goes for the entirity of SL in fact.

Covenants were funnier?.. im unsure if ur serious.

To me, gameplay matters, but I find story as important too. Else I could just go play hello kitty island.

Now, reason why I quit DF is because the questing, the story, it’s:

Childish
Whimsical
Dull
Boring
Pretentious
Obnoxious
Bland
Stale

I can imagine perfectly who wrote this setting. I do not like said person.
It feels like someone who has no respect for Warcraft, tried their best at making it as stupid as possible, while trying to give it a serious tone.

I feel legit mocked by the devs at this point.

Like someone else said, Warcraft was cool to me. But it feels like the writers are writing the G.I. Joes having a tea party.
It’s painful to watch.

2 Likes

Ok, and what patch are we playing now in dragonflight? Yes. The first. It’s good from the beginning. 10.0.5 will literally bring trading post. One of the best features for casuals/collectors wow has ever seen without it being any form of p2w

:star::star::star::star: (Voice acting is awkward at times, but everything else made me feel well immersed)

:star::star::star::star: (Return of talent trees is a big win for the game, but some specs need more work. I really love healing as an Evoker)

:star::star: (I am a very sad Alchemist, but the overall system is a step in the right direction)

I really think these should be three different ratings.

Raid: :star::star::star::star::star: (Appreciate the fact that I rely less on addons in the boss design)
Dungeons: :star::star::star: (DF dungeons are overtuned)
PvP: :star::star: (the world quests are fun, but the overall system needs work, which thankfully they’re acting on next patch)

:star::star::star::star::star:

:star::star::star::star::star: (I am extremely satisfied with the direction the story went, I really think you’re being deeply unfair with your rating here)

:star::star::star::star: (This is probably the best expansion since MoP).

2 Likes

So good they won’t show sale numbers

1 Like

Whilst I appreciate where you are coming from, and I have heard from many that they haven’t enjoyed the story.

For me, it’s been a very refreshing change from Shadowlands which was dark, depressing and dull.

I’d argue that WoW has always had a childish element to it.

But overall the story is pretty good imo. My only really qualm about it is:

Legion was half decent providing you could get over the absolute neutering of class fantasy, that expansion murdered class design.

Took em 6 years to get it off the floor

I find it odd you compare it to Shadowlands. I found Shadowlands equally garbage barring that it wasn’t as childish as Dragonflight.

I’ve spent months in the story forums, debating and argumenting. They’re practically a ghost town now. I think the people who think Dragonflight is so good in terms of story know only the bare minimum of the franchise as a whole.

1 Like