My tips for destro mage tower

Today I managed to beat the destro MT challenge. IMO, this was the easiest out of the three. Here are some things that were helpful for me:

• Write macros for fear, silence, and mortal coil. Write a silence, mortal coil, fear for Tugar and a separate fear macro for the worm. Here are mine:

/target Tugar Bloodtotem
/cast Fear/MC/Spell Lock

this will target Tugar even if you have another target. As for the worm:

/target Jormog the Behemoth
/cast Fear
/target Tugar Bloodtotem

This will immediately target the worm, cast fear and target Tugar back, so you don’t have to worry about doing it manually. Also some mechanical tips:

• When both Tugar and the worm are up, try to use silence to interrupt fel burst, because if both sonic scream and fel burst overlap, you will not be able to handle the damage.
  • Save cataclysm for when the eggs spawn. Cast cataclysm, havoc on one of the eggs and use your instant spells to eliminate the eggs asap. The next fel burst should be interrupted with mortal coil (always save MC for this time). Use fear for the next fel burst interrupt to have your silence for the time when Jormag comes up again.
  • When Jormag comes up, it will immediately cast sonic scream, so be prepared with your fear macro for that time.
  • Use demon skin talent. It helps a ton with survivability.
  • Whenever you drop below ~70%, use drain life to heal up.
  • You don’t really have to worry about the enrage of Jormag when Tugar dies. Just pay attention that it becomes immune to Fear after a while, so make sure you use infernal/shadowfury/MC as well for interrupts, but you shoudl be able to heal yourself with drain life-s and CC Jormag even from 100% health after Tugar dies.
1 Like

I also recommend macro for killing the Fel Surge totem.
I don’t remember the name, check it if it’s correct, but

/tar Fel Surge Totem
/cast Shadowburn
/targetlasttarget

This is extremely user friendly and allows you to kill it without switching targets and targetting it.

(Just make sure you face it (line of sight)).

You can make similar macros for these. It’s very worth for Havoc.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.