Mythic+ Group Finder System?

Why is there nothing like a dungeon finder for mythic + dungeons?
It is hard to make some system window for players where they can put up their keys and it will connect them automatically to que for the same keys with other players.
It can be available for example from some ilvl.

• Blizzard if you will do something like this in the future.
    Make hard punishments for afkers, leavers. Thanks so much.

Blizzard does not want responsibility for creating groups that can do difficult content. I can see the storm on the forums already about the auto-grouping done by blizzard.

And blizzard can not detect leavers.

Hello Adventurer!

Welcome to your Halls of Atonement +17, Fortified, Necrotic, Sanguine and of course Tormented. Your tank is a necrolord blood death knight, your healer a night fae Mistweaver, and you have two feral druids, along with a havoc demon hunter. None of them are engineers, none of them are venthyr, and you don’t have lust, and your slows are far and few.

Good luck, hope you enjoy your run!

2 Likes

Who talking about random que ? In other games are systems for que too. It should que up a balanced party for complete mythic without problems… its pity they don’t have something like this to this time in-game.

So off-meta classes and spec would never get a spot, then? Lovely.

1 Like

No? …if they balance it to mix up some groups why not? Off-meta ? really? it is about skill not about meta …funny…off-meta classes how u told …don’t have chance right now anywhere since players must group up because it “off-meta” people have problems with joining a group because no one wants them in party.

It is not up to blizzard to decide what a balanced group is. Players do.

1 Like

It can. It will make for example lot of repairs in issues of boosters.

What checklist should an automatic program for LFG M+ follow to create balanced groups?

3 Likes

I suppose you could train an algorithm to detect highest possible succesrate given a pool of players and set a team that’s balanced accordingly. It’ll need to constantly retrain after each season as the game changes - but it could be done also within reasonable cost.

I wouldn’t like that system though. It’s a game, if the game plays itself without player agency it is my opinion that it cease to be a game and becomes a software simulation at that point.

Same thing goes with players leaving a key. The only argument I like is where key’s no longer de-level on a failed try up to a certain point (i.e. a key at 15 would de-level, where as a 14 would not).

I am a bit afraid specs without utility will never be taken into this ‘balanced’ system. This ‘balanced’ group is also different per dungeon, and per affix. And it needs to take all combinations of covenants into account. On top of it that some classes are a better combination with each other than others.

The whole system also hinges on people being willing to use it. I can guarantee you no healer or tank worth their salt will use an automatic system like this, and without them, it’s pointless.

Why wouldn’t they use it? Because they have little problems getting into a key as it is, and they have more control over the group with the manual process, and thus, higher success rate. The automatic system would provide zero benefit to tanks or healers, but come at significant costs. No thanks.

4 Likes

I think this is the main point of the OP’s post.

My guess would be that they’ve listed their own keys, not taken care over who they invite, and they’ve had people leave. Probably a few times. They want Blizz to take over the responsibility of making sure they only get ‘good’ people in their keys.

Yeah, that seems like an unspoken assumption of every finder system suggested. The system itself will artificially breed tanks and healers and DPS queue struggles will magically vanish and everyone will live happily ever after.

2 Likes

Any group CAN complete M+ for low 20s, but most players are bad and the lower end of the queue would be complete hell with people not knowing anything about mechanics. This is why we need to have ilvl reps on heroic queue as well since at least then their gear carries them.

Start your own damn group. You have that option. There is no need for a queue

1 Like

:smiley: And do you think if they put automated m+ finder into game you will have easier time to play ??
because as people already said in this thread
no one who is actually GOOD will ever que through random system
no one wants to be in party with some random people
I like how it is right now
because i can control who is in my group i can pick people by myself
and if someone will leave during dungeon
my mistake i should check him better
but even if this happen
what we have now is hundred times better then automated system

2 Likes

Such a system would never satisfy players and they would just blame Blizzard if their run went bad. As a tank player I can also say there is no way in hell I would use such a system. If something like this was implemented it would just be filled with DPS players waiting for tanks and healers.

The problem with M+ is there are not enough tanks and healers, so the competition between DPS players becomes brutal.

2 Likes

Never had any issues finding a group. Not as dps, tank, healer or non meta classes.
Sure it takes a few min extra as a dps but it’s really not a issue. But you have to work your way up the ladder. You won’t get invited to a +17 key with 450 m+ score and 229 ilvl with a best key of +5 mists. Seems like a nobrainer, but people like that still apply every single time wondering why they don’t get invited. Blaming the system, meta-classes and so on. Get your score up to the leveling you want to play and you’ll get invited, and you get it there step by step, get every dungeon to 5 and you’ll get invited to 7s, get every key to 7 and you’ll get invited to 9s and so on.

The system is totalt fine, stop trying to cheat it.

And just so you know a player who has 2000 score and have timed 80+ 15 keys will get invited before a player who have timed every dungeon once with 2100 score.

1 Like

Not if they’re queuing for a 17. To have timed 80 15+ keys and only have 2k score, they must have never timed anything above 15.

If I have two choices, between someone with 2k score and 80 15s timed and not anything higher, and someone with 2.1k score, but only 16 keys timed at or above 15, I’ll invite the former without any second thoughts.

(Chances are, however, that there will be a third DPS with 2.1k+ score and 40+ keys timed at 15+…)