Mythic+ is what keeps me playing, now I've given up

I remember DF season 1 was similar to this, 18s were very hard and it was almost impossible to do 20s and so weekly mythic chests were out of bounds for most players.

Then we got Season 3, and mythic+ actually started being rewarding due to mythic vaults being far more reachable. I played this season so much I had 4-5 fully mythic geared alts ready to fill in whatever my guildies needed and I had fun pushing higher keys on a few of them.

Now I can already hear plenty of people saying things like “you shouldn’t be able to get the best gear so easily”, or “why do you need the best gear if you’re only doing weeklies”…

I don’t know why it’s so hard to understand. Getting upgrades is fun, and being able to progress my characters consistently every week without it becoming a massive chore is what keeps me playing the game. If I want to push, then I will, but that becomes a choice separate from gearing, and I can chose to do it whenever. Now however, I NEED to push if I want to see that gear, most groups can’t handle that, and I honestly can’t be bothered to try anymore.

At the end of the day, this is the same problem as Delves, and the bran damage nerf that made everything way harder. What is more important for the health of the game? That people are doing the content? That people are playing every day because they’re having so much fun? … Or is it more important that some specific idea of balance and design is followed, and that players don’t get rewards too quickly? Because if the point of friction is placed so low that most players can’t even get their weekly dungeon rewards to give better gear than delves, then we have a problem.

I’ll say this. I had the most fun I’ve ever had in S3 of DF, and that was the season where we started getting showered with loot like never before, and I had tones of fun running T11 delves before the massive nerfs to bran. The only fun I’ve genuinely had since have been my overcoming ZekVir?? solo post change, which was more of a Dark Souls experience than a wow one.

TL;DR
10s don’t need to be super easy, but maybe down to the level of a 8 or something so that weeklies are actually doable. Otherwise might as well just chain kill ZekVir? and fill the chest with 3/6 Heroic gear in less than 30 minutes.

1 Like

imagine if the sweat lords playing this game for a living are only doing 12s, how many people with jobs can play 10s consistantly?

the game is incredible boring if you cannot progress as thr content is always the same.
it becomes more boring if many of your groups just fail because of 1 wipe

They’re fine.