Mythic+ leavers. (Solution?)

There are many ways toxic players can compel you to leave (if they have free time), and you will get flagged not them. Simplest way is refusing to tank or heal (more power to toxic tanks/healers yaaay!!). Other ways is running around ninja pulling extra trash to the group and wiping it repeatedly. Whoever gets bored of this first will leave and get flagged.

Second, even if all players are nice. There are times where it just doesn’t work. May be tank is too squishy or can’t hold aggro, healer is bad, DPS is too low, players repeatedly fail mechanics, etc. Sometimes, the group simply has no way of succeeding, or would take 3-4 hours to finish the dungeon, and in that case leaving is the right thing to do.

To quote myself from another post:

Can it also be just all reasons. Or at least wanting to change the dungeon of your key? Or just fun where you accept you go on an adventure and sh it can happen so you miss the timer on a couple of minutes, but at least you TRIED to time it?

So your saying they cant design a system to flag someone if all other group members agree on it? Sorry not buying that as an excuse.

I could probably count on 1 hand the number of times this situation comes up. Again you think they cant add a “Vote disband” option why exactly?

The issue is a conflict of interests and not so much toxic behaviour. Its far more toxic to flag someone for playing the game in a different manner.

You basicly have two fronts:

A] People that just want gear and/or their weekly done.
For these people the only thing that matters is finishing. They will play with that goal in mind. So if they only do 20k dps or if they die non stop it doesnt really matter (to them). As long as they finish the instance. They see leavers as toxic players since it stops them from reaching their goal.

B] People that try to time dungeons to get their scores up.
They just want to do it as fast and smooth as possible. Which means that ppl need to do good dps and not die non stop. If that isnt the case for that run these ppl will lose all incentives to finish the run. They see ppl who dont pull their weight as toxic since they stop them from reaching their goal.

There is nothing toxic about either side tho…just different ppl who play for different reasons.

Couldn’t this be solved by simply Blizzard allowing a new player to join the party?

That isnt that simple as it sounds. Like kicking players and get your friends in to get the loot/weekly M+ finished.

I see your point.
Blizzard could only allow a new player in the party IF the player that left, did it by leaving the group himself, not by getting kicked.

I’m not sure if this point has been already brought up in the prior discussion, but… as lovely and immersive as the story in the OP was, it should’ve been split into a couple paragraphs for the ease of reading.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.