Mythic+ Leavers

Over 10 there is no reason to stay if not for time. When im doing my weekly i always ask them to stay till end or just leave now. Seems to ve working. Till the end not means more the. 5-10 min. If we wipe bosses just intanly dibanding or just go lower. Gearing is done on 10 +…
Most of the lower key i see is pushing group and the keyholders why ppls leave when no time?
The only problem here is the lack of communication…

2 Likes

AFK detection is not the same as proper play detection. Throw a spell every few minutes to reset the timer. That spell is probably also going to be a ninjapull.

Some people will stay if leaving is punished. Some people will have the decency to not circumvent the system. And some people will stop at nothing to grief the group if they are forced to stay, which in the end means the run still won’t complete, but there will be more wasted time for everyone and way more bad air.

Also, every measure added means complications for legit groups of friends. Maybe everyone is perfectly okay that someone had to temporarily AFK, or even leave. Nobody minds their behavior but the system still punishes them.

I’ve seen dozens of these threads. I’m not condoning people leaving for frivolous reasons, but it always ends up feeling like the lesser evil to just let them. There’s often this naïve logic that if you punish it harshly, the would-be leavers will instead stay and do their best.

The sad truth of the matter is every system I’ve seen adds complications to legit situations and enables even worse scenarios than a failed run. I would love to see a good solution, but the ideas that keep getting recycled on these forums just aren’t.

You can force people to stay, but you can’t force them to play.

1 Like

Doesn’t it also depend? I was in UR+13 last night, and the DPS was just too low, and they weren’t doing the strategy on 2nd boss very well, we kept dying and he wasn’t even going under 50%. This wasnt a pug, we decided the key was too low, but if it was a pug and I decided to quit…

My preferred solution would be one empowers the community:

If someone leaves, the person gets a debuff that says, “This player recently left an Underrot +13 keystone group after 47 minutes and two boss kills.” This information should show in the LFG tool, e.g. as a tooltip for a yellow exclamation mark.

It would provide useful information and empower the person whose key the leaver wants to join next. If someone left after 47 minutes and only two bosses down, any competent group leader would understand that it was reasonable. If someone left after 25 minutes and three bosses down, it’s a different story.

There is no perfect solution that addresses every case (other than playing with friends only), but the situation that four people’s enjoyment can be ruined by just one person, with consequences for the people abandoned and none for the person leaving, strikes me as worse than many of the alternatives.

2 Likes

Yes, I suppose a DC :frowning:
Like you said, there is no solution to it. What are you showing when someone lowered his own key? “left recently in 5 seconds?”. Every situation has a context. Nothing suits.

ok so players leave i get them as well just put them on ignore and be done whit it problem sloved and u dont need play whit them anymore

i sure do i had someone leave after first trash pack the other day for no reason i felt like he should have got some sort of deserter buff that lasted for 3 days or so

No? Why? There are many legitimate reasons to leave a m+. If i’m trying to time keys then theres no point for me sticking around 20 minutes more in a m+ where the key will be depleted. I get that others are trying to do the weekly for the gear, but if that is not my goal then i shouldn’t be punished for pursuing something else.

Joining a group is a social contract to try and complete a key. Sure, we get that when theres no hope sometimes its the right thing to do, but you strike me as a “its not getting timed, time to leave” kinda guy. Thats not an attitude I like or share.

1 Like

waste to stay key unless guilds oter wise na no point if u after score

When you start with other people an adventure, you finish the adventure with those people. Even when something went wrong on the way.

2 Likes

no just no dont want stay group mindless zombies or players braindead no thx u

It probably helps to try to communicate with your group. It usually are misunderstandings and other expectations of happenings in M+ runs. And then things go wrong. Pretty sure those players are not “mindless zombies” or “braindead”. They are players like you and me.

1 Like

how do u know ? for all why know theny might be brain dead or mindless zombies

Higher chances they are not.

just sey u know never know this days

raider.oi does not help even hight score 1 suck some tims

Yeah I am pretty sure a braindead person is not playing wow, or a zombie.

1 Like

:thinking: meby hahaha

depents kind pug u got

That is why it is a game. It are challenges. Everyone can make a mistake here or there. Has nothing to do with braindeads or zombies. And you are also part of “everyone”.

1 Like

does not mean some pug beyond bad i mean after 2 hour srine run u might tink get it but sadly dont so i left after 2 hour run last boss