Mythic+ Loot

It’s been a long time coming for the way loot drops from M+ to change, as it is frankly too abundant and blizzard has resolved to address this but… is the way they’re doing it the right way?

I mean, with this system of one loot per dungeon, it means item acquisition rates will become so low, unfun and still hugely RNG related.

NOTE : The math might not be 100% accurate, but it does come somewhat close to the truth

To give an idea, say 10 items drop from a certain dungeon ( most bfa dungeons drop 8+12 counting loot removed from loot tables )

The chances of you getting the item you want is 1/5 * 1/10 = 0.02% = 2% this is the equivalant of farming a rare mount, and we know it takes some unlucky people well over 500 tries to get some of these!

To make matters worse, every season there will be an ilvl bump, so basically players will have to regear!

Using some probability ( I might be wrong ) for a 95% confidence to get your first instance of an item, you need ~150 trials, as in 150 runs.

To gear 15 equipment slots, you would need 15*150 = 2250 M+ runs… in one season.

Now think of someone wanting to gear 2 alts alongside their main? that’s 6750 M+ runs.

In the entirety of BFA I have 1000-1500 M+ done and I’m someone that spams M+ alot, so what about the average player, it just isn’t possible to run this amount of M+.

Now comes the worst part, Every week you’ll be able to choose from a selection of items, that are higher in ilvl than you’ll ever be able to obtain from M+

Result : M+ gearing will become obsolete, it would be better to just do one m+ weekly and wait till you get geared than to spam M+ for gear, M+ players that love M+ will be forced into raids to gear.

This means gearing via M+ will be time gated to weekly chests because you can’t reasonably gear through M+.

Therefor I suggest the following :-

To solve this using an echoes/titan residuum like system.

You get a vendor that sells random item pieces, and exact item pieces, with the exact item pieces having massively high prices.

the currency is farmable, and the drop quantity scales with the difficulty of content you’re doing.

Example M+2 drops 10 currency, M+10 drops 150, M+15 drops 300, M+20 drops 600.

Ideally someone that did 100 M+15s over the course of 4 weeks should be fully geared counting raids, weekly chests, and the 2% chance of items dropping from M+

This vendor should also offer augmentations for players to upgrade their gear even more, with a player doing 300 M+15s over the course of 12 weeks should be fully geared, socketed and maybe tertiary stated too. counting raids, m+ chests and the 2% chance item drop chance.

2 Likes

How many pieces of loot are we getting with current system if dungeon is +1 ?
(never paid attention )

Atm you get 3 items, alongside 40% chance on an extra item every 1 key level above +15, so at +17 you get 80% chance at 4 items etc.

Four weeks is too fast ,people will go mental and disrupt sleeping schedule.
I think four months is more reasonable ,so you can play alt also if you have free time.

Oh I meant that the requirements to get fully geared.

Ofcourse people can do the 100 M+15s over 4 months, counting weekly chests they’d probably need way less M+15s since chests now are nearly guaranteed upgrades.

Also, people will always go hardcore no matter what. The rules shouldn’t be made around them tbh, and yeah ~2250 runs to get full gear is way way harsher and even then I’m sure some crazy people would attempt it.

Weekly cap = alt friendliness !
Lets say it takes two evenings to reach weekly cap ,that means player can maintain three characters and have one evening to go to pub.
Of course those who can play all day can easily maintain more than three characters.

Right now we get 3 items for mythic +, if u time it, if no, its 2(afaik) then it get boosted by each key above 15.

So in theory, we will get one less item (1+1if timed) .

Thats a little bit wrong, tho. It will work like that if it was only one item (at all cases) and if get all combinations, also this will mean u will have perfect items u want.
If we dont count duplicates u need 5 runs for 1 item, so 75 runs for full gear, not bis stats, just full gear, without duplicates. Also, this math is done as a solo, now imagine if someone else gave you their non meeded piece… This could cut it to 30/50 runs eazy… Again non bis. So all of suden we are down from 2k runs to 50, lets say…

Still, hope they change their mind as m+ is good source of gear, but heavy rng based. And if u get one piece in 5 runs ( if…) it will soon feel to unrewarding, and lot less people will play m+

I hope you are aware that “end of dungeon chest” doesn’t include +1 Item for timed dungeon and also doesn’t include higher key lvl.
Right now we simply know that a dungeons will reward 1 Item if completed instead of 2 items…

Short answer: No

Long answer: If raid items are still turbobroken on top of it, even more no.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.