Mythic+ Progression Changes Now Live and More Coming Soon

The changes made are positive. But they seam deaf to the real issue. Many dead keys by under a minute due to the death affix.

4 Likes

Great first step.

I don’t know why you didn’t just move the Mythic track vault to 9 and then you have a proper curve.

The 15 second affix is still a bit punishing. It zaps the hell out of the timer. Somebody said yesterday “its used to be satisfying to mess up early in a key and recover it through good play, now you wipe and its over”.

What have you actually incentivised with this affix? If your design intention was to get people to leave early, good job. Rethink it. It’s terrible.

7 Likes

Smashing!

Not quite where we were in Dragonflight (16s, later 6s), but better than at TWW launch.

People who didn’t believe they could ever do a 9 might believe they can do 8s. Maybe. It is still a rough season, ngl.

But you have paid attention to the community mood and acted on it. I tip my :tophat:

But I still think there is/was no need to creep difficulty up at the start of expansions. Believe it or not, the top 10% (who will never quit) are only 10% of your subs…

1 Like

Tooltip of the day:

Remember, just keep your Health above 0 while lowering your enemy’s Health to 0. Works every time!

Wipe doesn’t lead to 100% depleted key.

1 Like

Thanks Einstein. I’ll be sure to put a legal disclaimer at the bottom of my post explaining its an anecdote of the sentiment carried by the community and not a statistical certainty next time.

2 Likes

Add in the running back and buffing and its more time then you know especially with these tight timers and fort/tyran in same key please think more logical.

“Community” talks about “one-shots in low keys”, “one-shots overlaps” and “1 wipe depletes keys” every day. But it doesn’t make it true.

It still doesn’t necessary leads to key depletion.

1 Like

Nah it just contradicted something I had said a literal minute earlier, so it interested me in that sense, but the actual change doesn’t personally matter to me.

I am being told that early mythic raiding is now easier than a +10. I find that hard to believe, but I don’t raid mythic. Anyone know?

I raided at famed slayer level and I can tell you for sure that even old +20s were harder than the first 2-3 mythic bosses. Now 10s are even harder with fort + tyr so figure.

1 Like

1st and 2nd boss probably a bit easier or around the same difficulty as Heroic Queen, but I wouldn’t say it’s hard to complete +10 as well.

Thank you!

Now, Myth track on +9 would be excellent.

5 Likes

The javelins change in necrotic wake will affect an already tight timer and make it more difficult.
I hope the longer buff duration and higher count on monstrosity will allow for another skip.
Still… i cannot imagine this isn’t gonna cost a couple of minutes extra to kill surgeon stitchflesh, even with the hp nerf.

1 Like

That has always been the case the first 3 in mythic always on par with last 2 heroic and new 10s old 20’s.

10s now have fort and tyran and 15 sec per death and + random affix on top of all the rubbish on the floor and 1 shot mechs and stuns/interupts

I take it you have all the sources and stats to back all these up with your vast knowledge :roll_eyes:

• 2 weeks ago got a wipe in +10 CoT on 1st boss after we collected buff and used BL, completed in time
  • got a YOLO run in +9 Stonevault with almost no CC and about 30 deaths, only a 2 minutes timeout :joy:
  • got a wipe at start and few deaths in +10 NW yesterday, still timed

Ofc, there are depleted keys, but usually it’s not because of only 1 wipe.

1 Like

You can use weapons in other places with a bit more freedom now.
We timed one earlier with 9 deaths. Somebody staying dead for a min when they should have released, missing 2% trash and having to port down and extremely conservative pulls.

I don’t think its a tight timer and if it is you need to think what pulls you can combine for efficiency, its still one of the few dungeons where you get to mix n match.

Overall I think its a positive change. The boss has more HP but the aura damage doesn’t put you on a timer. If you should wipe the key isn’t dead.

Great, can you now link your IO ?
We would love to check these accomplishments

1 Like
  1. https://raider.io/mythic-plus-runs/season-tww-1/4093923-10-city-of-threads
  2. https://raider.io/mythic-plus-runs/season-tww-1/3282111-9-the-stonevault
  3. https://raider.io/mythic-plus-runs/season-tww-1/6684854-10-the-necrotic-wake

Can’t prove number of deaths unless someone had logs enabled.

Those 15 seconds isnt a big deal with the Nerfs

aNd wich bugs are we talking about because i have not yet seen 1 bug that killed me. Maybe 1 in dawnbreaker but still.