Mythic+ Rewards after +15

How about completing a M+ dungeon gives you a bag with a bit of gold and crafting mats, the amount you get is determined by key level, that way you always leave with something as well…

Depending on the gold reward it might also counter some of the boosting.

And that’s the problem, that raiders must do m+ in order to raid. Instead of sitting in a raid and progressing - raiders now will have to do x4 or x8 +20 keys. This is non-sense if you ask me. If you don’t do m+ as a raider - you are slowing down your team.

And if you take m+ seriously and u dont raid, u are slowing them just as much , so i would say its kinda equal in that sense

There’s nothing to slow down though.

For raiders to get better gear then M+ you have to run Mythic raids, which are ALOT harder to sustain (and even join) then an M+ group.

The average Mythic raid doesn’t even full clear the raid on a full season.
That means months and months off wiping on progress, hoping for the “one item” that is BiS in raids.

I don’t think it’s a good idea. Current system was fine to cap gear at +15, and above that you get score, title and portals.
They are also adding more scaling to keys, so +20 will be more like +22. This puts it out of reach for most players. Remember that we are at the end of the expansion now and M+ has seasonal inflation, meaning with general player power creep you usually gain +/- 2 “free” keystone levels each season.

This also makes M+ much less alt friendly as way more effort is required on your main. It will most certainly increase toxic behavior as not only M+ score is on the line but also weekly vault rewards. As others have said it’s also bad news for raiders who will need to spend even more time doing keys.

I liked the sense of being “done” with a character once I got KSM and mostly full gear from +15 vault, as I could start playing my alts. This change completely guts that feeling and I don’t see much upside to it.

I honestly believe that’s the point…
I strongly believe this is the reasoning:

• They want M+ players to have more challenges before reaching max-gear.
  • They want Raid players to feel less bad about M+ having “almost” (better for 99% off the community) the same gear rewards.
  • They generally want ppl to not have max-gear unless having to “struggle” through progression.
    Currently the max +15 is ridiculously easy for max-gear rewards (for 99% off the community).
1 Like

This is true to some extent, at least later in the expansion. But in Dragonflight we won’t have the same power creep from external systems. With the new scaling I guess +15 is equal to 16/17 now. On the very first season I think it will be a solid challenge for a lot of people who have been steamrolling +15s now.

It’s good to have goals to work towards, but there is also value in being able to say that you are “done” with the content this patch and can take a break or focus on alts. I guess it’s hard to make everyone happy. I’ll deal with it one way or another, but overall this is a negative change from my perspective.

With that being said, I’m more worried about the new “Thundering” affix. It looks absolutely dreadful.

2 Likes

No different than a M+ player having to raid :man_shrugging:

I play exclusively melee DPSers and I feel like they made this to push ppl towards playing more ranged as there is an abundance off melee and a lack off ranged atm.
The affix is absolutely horrible as a melee player…
On Thundering weeks the M+ comps will be exclusively ranged dps, I can already tell you that… (They already were anyway :man_shrugging: )

You make it sound like it’s not the seasonal affix and that there will be weeks without it. Sweet summer child!

Oh right…
I forgot it’s the seasonal affix…

Yikers…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.