N’lyeth, Sliver of N’Zoth

I see lots of potential in this toy hehe! Anyone WPvPing with it?

Unfortunately I died at 7/10 kills and failed quest. Dam alliance in Nazjatar base are AFK when Horde are there, but not when an Alliance N’lyeth is there :frowning:

I tried to do this twice so far - but it’s not easy, and each time I died at different progress. The Annoying thing is - you cannot get it by killing the same player over and over again. Each Player you kill gets a 10min debuff called: “Sacrificed to N’zoth”. And the duration of the quest is capped at 60 min.

I will be trying again at some point, but at the moment I’m not sure what’s the best strategy/approach to this.

Yup, would be easy(er) if could kill same players hehe!

When I died, I hoped it would be like Horde Slayer, where if you get ressed by a party member you can continue the quest. But nope, failed when ressed by healer.

I’ve only tried once, but when I got bounty on me, that led to me taking big risk since I only needed 3 kills… got tempted by the afk’ers. Didn’t work out, gotta be patient!

I’m thinking I will hang out on hill south of Alliance base in Nazjatar, and get em on the way past. Be close enough to base to put off bounty hunters. But not too close to wake up the afkers.

I suggest doing it in Vale. You can cheese/guarentee escaping death with Xuen summon. :+1:

Edit: the trick to using Xuen is that your regular auto attacks do 300k a piece. The actual skills do 0 damage.

1 Like

Pretty fun toy, once you’ve got the toy you can log out and the buff doesn’t go which is nice.

1 Like

Just realized, I can use it to (try) kill Alliance pacifists!

1 Like

The bounty system really needs improving, I wpvp solo and there’s no point not just logging off and getting rid of it. With the RP shards I play on, if I don’t logout immediately, litterally a raid size group of Alliance will gank me within 30 seconds.

Getting the Servant of N’Zoth achievement was very hard to get solo because of this, after 2 Horde kills you’d most likely have a bounty. Logging off with the quest version of N’Zoth’s N’lyeth would fail the quest meaning you’d have to get Assassin all over again.

Fortunately for me a multiboxing druid herbalist passed me by, 10 of them glorious stags.

N’Zoth must of blessed me or something. :joy:

2 Likes

Ah good to know!

Not just that, don’t enter a portal and make sure you have bagspace, that will also fail the quest. It seems the hit N’lyeth does can crit and one shot you, I always cast Astral Shift to migate some of it’s effect and it seems to work.

To be honest I’ve had the quest just randomly disappear from my quest log as well so I recommend using it straight away, just remember to be on 100% hp. Might be best to get some friends to help cheese it as it’s a extremely difficult achievement to get solo.

Ey thanks for tips. Ye party sounds good! Man, I wants it hehe!

EDIT:

Darn, we didn’t get Ny’leth Sliver of N’zoth second time… third time we will!

Pandaria assault is good place for it tho. I didn’t realize NPCs would not attack us, nice! Was too late at night, not enough Alliance… but several Horde wanted our bounties :slight_smile:

Ey, I hearthed to Boralus because server shut down, and can confirm the quest just disappears from quest log - yet I still had the N’yleth effect and a damn Alliance killed me outside the inn, EVEN THO I DIN DO NUFFIN!

Edit:

Hehe, got it on 3rd attempt. Phew! Now where are those Alliance pacifists…

I’m having alot of fun with the toy version. Being able to whisper compliments to my victims and receive foul-mouthed abuse in return, is delightful.

I just wish there was some kind of currency for this, as there was for the Ordos buff (Bloody coin) in Pandaria. I enjoy killing my own faction and i’ve probably killed over a hundred in the short time I’ve had it, but it would be nice if there was a currency reward, or title, for doing so.

Also it was pretty tough doing this, I did it solo as an elemental shaman but the bounty kicked in for the last few kills. Managed to carefully use gliders, knockbacks etc to avoid being swarmed, but it did takes several tries.

1 Like

Mwhuhahaha! This is the only reward needed! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I helped my friend complete it by having him kill my main and alts and some of my other friends alt :kissing_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Good, more N’lyeth, more more more!

1 Like

I tried it on my feral but my gear is not good enough. I still need some good essences to make higher dmg. Do you have to do it alone or can you be in a group?

You can be in a party, just not a raid.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.