[N-RP] Build-Your-Own-Battlebot Open Workshop šŸ”§

Do you love tinkering? Do you love the smell of rocket fuel in the morning? Do you love mechanical battle-pets? Do you have precisely zero clue about either of those things, but wish to spend some time doing something fun? Look no further!

On the 24th we will gather at the engineering shop in Dalaran and build some bots! All participants, even those with no prior engineering experience whatsoever, will be able to assemble their very own battlebot thanks to a wide variety of prefabricated parts (and advice from the dedicated and experienced instructor). Who knows, maybe at some point in the (hopefully near) future you will be able to use your battlebot in a special competitionā€¦?

This workshop is mostly intended to be a fun and easy intro to tinkering, but seasoned engineers are more than welcome to join if they wish to show off their skills. Drop by and design some bots!

Hello and welcome to yet another open RP event announcement by yours truly! Did someone say ā€œpublic RP?ā€ This one I dedicate to you, Raylen. :+1:

WHAT: Open social RP with a mechanical flair!
WHERE: (Legion) Dalaran, Like Clockwork (engineering shop)
WHEN: 24th of November (Sunday) @ 20:00 Server Time
REQUIREMENTS: A few flasks of Elixir of Tongues in case of cross-faction presence. SUGGESTED (but not strictly required): Some mechanical battle pets if you want to show off your creations at the end of the event.

7 Likes

Clang clang.

5 Likes

I have no idea about engineering, but Iā€™ll be there!

4 Likes

The Battlebots were build, tested and few of them exploded. Nobody was seriously injured during the event!

I took screenshots, but I am seemingly unable to post them.

4 Likes

Aye, level 3 forum trust level is required to post pictures. That said, luckily I managed to snap some as well. :wink:

(I wish I knew how to get Stitchesā€™ name to disappear. Ahemā€¦)

Anyway, big thank you to the attendants! I hope you had as much fun participating in the event as I had running it. Stay tuned for more Open RP! :relaxed:

7 Likes

What the hell is forum trust? Do I need to offer gifts so it would trust me more? :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Thanks, everyone (and Lex/Linaria in particular), for this great, semi-peaceful cross-faction event!

I hope John didnā€™t come off as too jovialā€¦ Itā€™s not easy to portray my ā€˜not exactly Thassarian-level gloomyā€™ DKs in my RP just the way they are in my head.

Sorry, I digress. Anyway, big love for these open, faction neutral events!

Itā€™s very inspiring; I might even host my own some day, but not of this caliber :slight_smile:

Edit: Thanks for the shots! I took some, too, but also canā€™t post.

I love how disappointed John looks with his battle-bot Jaws :grin:

4 Likes

Trust levels are Blizzardā€™s (admittedly, somewhat weird) way of telling people that with great power comes great responsibility, and the power to post screenshots is the greatest of them all. This post from the US forums does a very good job at explaining all things forum, including trust level perks and requirements.

2 Likes

Thank you! I am looking forward to participating in all the open events I can get my hands on, so I fully support your future endeavours. :+1:

4 Likes

I hope Iā€™ll see you around at Wednesday Tavern Night, then! Reminds me I need to finish my plan :smiley:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.