[N - RP] Fishball October 11th 2020

2020-10-11T18:00:00Z

It’s time to bring sports into the World of Warcraft. Introducing: Fishball!

The rules are very easy: two teams of four/five players, two goals, one referee, one fish, a lot of kicking.

I’m not sure what more information I can give, except that it’s really fun and it might just be the event that brings both factions together! (And if you do have questions, feel free to share them of course)

Little Notes to Keep in Mind

• We gather at Ashran, at the Ring of Conquest
  • Talents/abilities that manipulate speed are not allowed (i.e. Feline Swiftness of the Druid) and will be considered cheating. Please be mindful of that
  • It is encouraged to have as many players with the Whitewater Carp toy available for deployment (purchased at the Highmountain quartermaster in Thunder Totem (friendly)) , because it has a cooldown of 5 minutes
  • If you come as a team, you may want to consider wearing a uniform (like a guild shirt)
  • Remember to take enough Elixirs of Tongues with you, for cross-faction banter and to understand what the referee is saying of course (should they be from the other faction)
  • No weapons! This is a friendly game! Only kicking (the fish that is)!

Hope to see you there!

8 Likes

That’s a great initiative for an event!
hope you are more successful than me on this topic! :slight_smile:

though, Ashran is in Draenor,so we can’t go there IC.
maybe the Gurubashi Arena?

4 Likes

Gurubashi Arena flags you for PvP, which would turn N-RP Fishball into a slaughter. Not to mention that pretty much every hour or so it hosts a zone PvP event. :pensive:

Ashran has one of the very few “arena” style locations that 1. doesn’t flag you for PvP, 2. doesn’t have any stray quests that would potentially bring unexpected guests our way.

Also at this point I hope everyone is aware that Draenor is gone IC, so our use of Ashran (or any other WoD area) is naturally as a convenient placeholder. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

…And with that out of the way, it’s time for excitement! FISHBALL! Easily the greatest sport ever! The anticipation! The tension! Fear, mortals, for I am once more bringing Rei Winterbrew!

(She’s a Pandaren, she genetically predisposed to chase after food-shaped objects…)

IMPORTANT:

Since the thing is N-RP, I expect we might get some mixed groups (or perhaps people might just want to mix after their match is done). For this reason, I will be preparing different-coloured cloaks on both the Horde and the Alliance so players can easily tell who is on which team.

That said, if you/your group has a Tailor and you don’t mind making my life a little easier, please consider creating your own set! Every player will require two cloaks: Reinforced Linen Cape and Woolen Cape. They’re both low-level capes made from easily obtainable materials, so help in this aspect is appreciated. \o/

3 Likes

so Draenor is gone, but we can pretend Ashran is somewhere else, and no arena in stranglethorn , because fish bloodbath is not optimal . got you

3 Likes

A fellow Draenei shaman convinced me to try to team up with him - if we can gather enough people for a team - although I did tell him that kicking is not a strong suit of mine.

3 Likes

Today is the day!

3 Likes

That was so much fun!!! :blush:

8 Likes

I recommend this :100: % :bangbang:
If you like friendly, fast-paced, competitive fun, fishball is for you! :soccer: :tropical_fish:

:thinking:… This may be very premature, but I just want to mention the idea…:

In my hometown (which isn’t Husavik, by the way, even though it feels kind of similar sometimes;) there is this tradition that anyone who wants to, signs up for a soccer/(European) football tournament @ Christmas.

Some people sign up entire teams, which is fine, but it is also possible to sign up just as a player, and then be randomly assigned a team.

Might that be something for Fishball? :man_shrugging:

(I know there’s been xmas themed get-togethers before, and I have unfortunately missed some of that, but… It’s a thought :slightly_smiling_face:)

7 Likes

Certainly something to consider!
And I am happy you liked it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.