[N-RP] Greeting the new moon

Dear friends,

I have not been in Stormwind for quite a while. However, I have noticed that according to some calendars, the second day of the second moon in the year marking the second decenium is soon approaching. What an opportunity for our community to visit Stormwind and give peace a second chance.

I am clearly not an elf, but over the course of several appearances I have come to appreciate their tradition. There is something about the serene anticipation of the rising moon and a few well chosen words. For those that have not yet attended this event, the entrance fee seemingly consists of an open mind and a warm heart. I have found all to be welcome.

Sunday February 2nd, on the cliffs south of Stormwind harbour, west/southwest of the Mage District, 8pm realm time.

~Helgi Helstrøm

7 Likes

Man, you guys are much better at organising and writing these posts than I am >_>… Hehe

I will be there!

6 Likes

Being too casualazy to have that sweet level 3 “clearance” (thus being unable to edit the date in the other thread), I post here.

Well, Helgi already covered the essentials, so all I’ll add is, please don’t come armed (or with demons/ (undead) minions. Normal animal companions are okay as long as they are well-behaved, and other innocuous companions, I suppose).

We usually have a horrible weapon rack by a big tree close to the gathering. This weapon rack WILL collapse, so if you do not see it when you arrive, just prop your weapon up against the tree (or elsewhere, if you prefer, just don’t carry it visibly, please).

As Helgi informed, this is a faction neutral, peaceful gathering just outside Stormwind’s city walls.

While not all individuals will be welcomed in the city proper, all sincere participants are welcome to the gathering on the cliffs.

(Sorry for encroaching on your thread, Helgi:)

3 Likes

Panting heavily as he makes his way through the waiste-deep snow in the mountains north of Gnomeregan.

Keep up, Beart!

The big brown bear’s snow-covered snout emerges out of the nearest snow dune.

No wonder they don’t let ye on the tram. Look at the state of ye. The dwarf can barely suppress a chuckle as he watches the great brown bear trying to shake the snow out of his eyes and ears.

The boat it is then… The dwarf mimics the deeprun tram operator with a grim face and lets out a deep sigh. Beart is already in front of him running and occasionally falling down the steep cliffs towards the Helm’s Bed shoreline where a tiny boat awaits them.

On to Stormwind…

4 Likes

Many thanks for the RP all who attended, it was fun.

6 Likes

It was a very nice event. Thank you to all who attended.

4 Likes

Letter to a priestess, a druid, a wizard and an ebon knight.

I consider myself fortunate to have spent the evening with this unlikely group. As I was making my way back north, all day and night the words kept echoing in my mind.

‘…The peace of mind to forgive those who had no choice…’, Cherwina Dawnstrider

I thank you and wish all of you well this new moon.

Helgi

6 Likes

I very much agree,

and I dare say all of Azeroth (and Draenor) should get a copy of this letter,

or ideally, should have been present and heard Cherwina’s wise speech.

But then the cliffs west of Stormwind would have been too small…

4 Likes

Dear Helgi,

Thank you for the lovely letter. Forgiveness has been a lesson hard for my people to learn, but it is a valuable one and I am glad that those words have stuck with you on your journey. May Elune guide you safely.

Cherwina Dawnstrider

2 Likes

A note is pinned on Alliance and neutral notice boards:

Next Sunday - the 1st of March - is the first Sunday of that month, and thus the day and date of our monthly gathering to Greet the New Moon.

Unfortunately, I won’t be able to attend myself, because … things have come to my attention - that require my … attention…

I do hope, though, that others gather
around 9 bells
peacefully and unarmed
on the western cliffs outside Stormwind.
Share words of hope, among other things.

Best regards,
Gordon Morgan.

(Remember to bring Elixirs of Tongues (purchasable from Fizzi Liverzapper in the Broken Isles Dalaran sewers) in case of other faction participation.)

7 Likes

I will be available to bring prayer and council to any who attend.

7 Likes

This is happening tonight!
Will finally be able to make it again, looking forward seeing new and old faces!

6 Likes

Have a nice experience, everyone! I wish I could come see you guys again (…feels like it’s been a while since I’ve participated in the Moonrise ritual…), but Important Guild Matters are keeping me occupied tonight. :slightly_frowning_face:

6 Likes

Thank you to those who could make it tonight. It was another small but thoughtful event and it’s always nice to see those I haven’t been able to catch up with in a while.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.