[N-RP] The History of Azeroth: Gilneas (10/04)

A number of missives are delivered by couriers to be posted on noticeboards in the major cities around Azeroth, regardless of affiliation.

People of Azeroth!

We live in a time that many would describe as peaceful, but that is nonetheless rife with change, some of which is so plentiful even the most diligent among us may struggle to be aware of everything. It is to rectify this situation that I, Chronicler Meng Jo, hereby invite any and all that read this missive to attend my gathering in the World’s End Tavern on the 10th day of the 4th moon.

I invite you to discuss, listen and learn as we take the journey through another chapter of Azeroth’s long and storied history, this time focusing on what led to the collapse of the once-great human kingdom of Gilneas until the recent liberation effort saw to its renewal!

Share your view on the kingdom’s past and your experiences with it, because as always, a story is best experienced together with those that wish to hear it.

Signed,
Chronicler Meng Jo

FAQ

When? Wednesday, 10th of April, 8:00 PM Realm Time 2024-04-10T18:00:00Z

Where? World’s End Tavern, Lower Shattrath City

What? Basically an open forum/lecture to discuss a specific topic (this time Gilneas). Read on for more details.

Who can attend? Anyone! It’s meant to be a neutral gathering, so even if you were to play some kind of evildoer, as long as you don’t walk around carrying a sign saying you’re bad news, you won’t be turned away.

Why Shattrath?

It’s a big city that’s completely neutral, is just a portal away from both Orgrimmar and Stormwind and has a population that might not be as clued in on what goes on in Azeroth, meaning characters that also live there have a greater incentive to attend!

More details

G’day, folks! It’s been a while, but if any of you were at the Argent Tournament last summer you might’ve seen me host one of these during that event (at the time focusing on the Argent Crusade since it was pretty topical). I’ve wanted to do another for quite a while now, and with everything that’s been going on recently with Gilneas I figured now was the time to do it.

The idea is that this will be a recurring thing (but without a set schedule), and how it works is pretty self-explanatory.

It’s essentially going to be an open forum where my character presents a topic, laying out the foundations of the event/faction we’re looking at, followed by questions and interpretations and such from anyone that’s attending. I’d like to avoid making it a sermon where my character talks at people, so you can view it more as normal RP but with a set topic.

For this one I chose Gilneas, but in the future (if this goes as well as the last one) I’d love to have other people essentially come with suggestions for what they’d want the topic to be (as long as it’s something that’s happened over the course of Azeroth’s history that people might reasonably know a thing or two about IC lol). Also, as you can tell by the title and location, this is a neutral event. Making it neutral gives us access to more topics overall, and from an IC perspective it provides some interesting ideas like “What would a Horde character think of Gilneas?”

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns, otherwise I’ll hope to see as many of you as possible on the 10th together with World-Renowned (he wishes) Chronicler Meng of Jo!

Contact

You can reach me in-game on Meng (H) or Marsley (A).

I will also be keeping an eye on the thread, so feel free to comment here too!

16 Likes

This is cool. Good luck!

2 Likes

This sounds fun! Definitely gonna try and make it!

1 Like

I shall add it to my calendar, see if I can bring a friend or two a long!

1 Like

Thank you everyone! We’re still a ways away (a little over 3 weeks), but I’m happy to see there’s already some interest.

2 Likes

I was in absolute bits during your jaunt at the Argent Tournament, it absolutely tickled me.
I don’t have sub however and presently can’t attend this, but I’m sure it’ll be a treat and I love the concept.

Best of luck with it!

3 Likes

Looking forward to hearing the tales of Meng!

1 Like

With just a week to go, now’s as good a time as any to remind folks to bring the cross-faction pots! I look forward to seeing you all next Wednesday :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

forced to post on this character because they won’t let me post twice in a row

But this is TONIGHT!!

1 Like

It was lovely, thank you for hosting!
I hope to attend another event by you, in the near future.

2 Likes

Thank you for coming! And a HUGE thanks to everyone else that attended, there were way more people than I expected, but I hope everyone had a good time. I definitely did!

Like I said in the original post, I don’t intend to do these on a set schedule, and will instead try to host one when it makes sense/when something big happens in-game or on the server (like the Argent World Tournament). So just keep an eye out for the next one, I’ll post about it here and on the AA when it happens.

And again, if anyone has any suggestions for a topic that they’d like to be covered, don’t hesitate to reach out! You can probably find me mostly on Marsley (A) these days.

3 Likes

Thank you for the event! Was very fun and I’m looking forwards to any future ones you have planned!!

1 Like