[N-RP] The Wayfinders

Travel Book Entry: 8th December

The past few days have been tough. Yesterday, especially. Eijo had the idea for me to write – well, for him to help me write – in this book. I can’t read or write common, only our own language. Perhaps it will help ease what feels like a burden?

Riastrasz went off alone again, once the eggs were located. A narrow gorge filled with lava, choking ash – those of us not resistant to it drank a mixture I made with some herbs Kyrzen got for me a while ago in anticipation of this, but it was still unpleasant, even to someone from Vol’dun. We had to fight our way through two Djaradin guards. They’d set up a huge barricade, which Ithigos used his magic to help us breach. Cristana and Caste charged ahead to fight off two Orcs at the top of the gorge, with the eggs finally in sight. Ithigos used his magic to try and help the eggs, but there was this strange shimmering. In the moment, I don’t think any of us fully noticed it. In shameful truth, the only reason I noticed it in hindsight was when my arrow missed one of the Orcs, hitting one of the precious eggs we’d come so far, fought so hard, to save.

I was distraught, agonized, over that mistake. But before I had time to sink into despair, Eijo made me look up. Where moments ago our friends all stood – Cristana, Caste, Daera, Ithigos, and even the two Orcs they were fighting - now, they were simply gone, seemingly without a trace. The last thing we heard was one of them shouting to get help, and a word that stood out to me. “Firelands”. In a panic, fearful of the very lives of our friends, Eijo and I ran as fast as we could back down and out of the gorge, back to where the rest of the Wayfinders were. We gathered as much help as we could – Windshriek, our former enemy, a primalist, along with Kyrzen and Addy, who rushed back to help us. Windshriek did some magic, back at the top. It’s all a bit beyond me, but I know there was some kind of rift we went through.

We crossed through and reunited – luckily, our friends were still alive… but this land was unlike anything I’d ever seen. Smothering and smoldering, the Firelands earned their name. Waiting for us was Ashwing – another of the Primalists, one of Windshriek’s former allies. It was a difficult battle against her fire-Druid magic, but she fell, alive, but badly injured, in the end. We checked on the eggs – luckily, the arrow did not harm the little one inside – but before we had much time, a truly gargantuan proto-drake of some sort, landed. Another of Windshriek’s former allies, I think. He… took control of her, somehow. I stupidly tried to attack him when he was flying off, but fell down a rocky cliff-face. The rest is a bit of a blur.

We escaped, with the eggs, fortunately, but Windshriek was lost to us. She disappeared somewhere. Riastrasz, too, was left in the plane of fire. He was too large to move – and if we didn’t escape when we did, we’d all be trapped there with him. Our friends were thankful that we went to get help as quickly as we did. I try to think that way too, but the guilt always weighs me down that Eijo and I aren’t able to help as much as I wish we could. I know they appreciate what we do to help, I know they do. They know we do our best, within our limits. But, neither of us have magic to command. We’re just two Vulpera in a huge, dangerous world. Sometimes we can help by being quiet, or squeezing through smaller gaps – we’re good scouts, lookouts. But this horrible realm of fire, these great, powerful magic users. It’s a lot to take in. It’s out of our depth, completely.

In the end, the ones I care about are safe and will recover from their injuries. The Wayfinders, my love Eijo – my friends. It took a lot to get the ash out of our clothes and fur. But, we will be okay. We got the eggs out, every single one, safe and sound, even despite the arrow lodged inside one. I only wish Windshriek and Riastrasz were still with us, too.

-Fira

After the finale in the Waking Shore, we head towards some potentially calmer times over the festive period!

4 Likes

I really like the concept of your guild! I just wanted to pop my head in here and say how lovely the journal entries you guys have been writing are, as well as the writing of the story in the OP. You are all very talented and it was a lovely read! Please keep it up so I have more to read haha

Best of luck in your rp! Hope to bump into any of your members IC sometime, you seem a lovely bunch

4 Likes

Thank you very much! It’s a lot of work but it pays off when you have a page where people can feel up to date on where we are going. Currently the Wayfinders are on Christmas break, and we will be picking events back up in the new year, our birthday being the first of january, which is very exciting, it’s been an incredible year for us, ups and downs as they go, we have a solid base of engaged, enjoyable people, and this thread has gone miles over my own expectations, I’m so grateful to all the people who come and read, even if I’ve never had the pleasure of interacting with you.

6 Likes

Travel book entry: 26th Decemeber

Hello book,

It has been some time, hasn’t it? It’s strange to think that the last time my thoughts were being jotted down on these pages, that I was rather morose! What a change of fortune it is, then, that we are back on the Wanderlust and safe, celebrating Winter’s Veil together.

What a strange little holiday it is - I hardly had the time to consider it last year, given how the Dracthyr were reeling from their recent awakening. To be with those you hold dear and be merry is the point, I’m told. And to gorge on food and give gifts, as I had to consider in the weeks coming up to December. I’m glad that I managed to put together some gifts that I considered rather thoughtful.

Anyway, before I ramble on about my personal thoughts too much, we’ve had a wonderful time on the ship. We’re all well, and we’re all happy. That’s more than can be said for a lot of people - to have that with people I consider family is a gift I will cherish eternally. Let us hope that this is indicative of what the future holds for the Wayfinders.

-Kyrzen

1 Like

I am very much intrigued by this guild and people behind it. Not to shade my old guildmates or anything, but I used to be the only one keeping journals to summarize events and document everything in my previous guilds. It is amazing to see others do it autonomously in a collaborative manner. If you’re recruiting, I’d like to join you guys to give it a try on my current alliance main. Tell me whom I should poke, I’ll approach in game or on discord (if that’s an option).

1 Like

Hello! The last part of the post has a list of names one can send letters to, but Crístana is a safe bet, that is my main, I will try to catch you later today so we can talk about it, also thank you for the nice words.

Is there any support towards Horde characters joining? I’ve been looking for Neutral aligned roleplay to come back to.

They do take Horde characters, yes. My nightborne alt is in the guild!

I haven’t RPed on AD in a while, how do you see raid warnings cross faction nowadays? I think a few years back we had some sort of RP Addon that mixed chats for the raids?

Easy, party and raid groups can now be cross-faction!

1 Like

All of this is handled by cross faction raid groups. Horde members coming into the guild has to first join our crossfaction community and then I’m able to put you in the guild, and since a lot of the guild is run by discord, there’s hardly ever any issues, bar when we have to portal, we can usually find convenient summoning stones.

2 Likes

2024 is upon us! RP events are about to resume this very week… and I’m absolutely not being bribed, forced, or otherwise made against my will to write this. That’d be absurd.

1 Like

Brief beams of light shift in and out of the room that Cristana is standing in. Wearing comfortable furs and leather, she’s standing in front of a large bulletboard, with various numerous pictures, placing lines of coloured thread between them. Some are red, those are looked upon with a mix of emotions, anger, sadness or disappointment. The yellow threads are peered at with suspicion, curiosity, worry. Finally, easily the most manageable are the green threads, the ones that already make perfect sense, and have been not only validated but confirmed from multiple sources.

This is an investigation board, as the captain of the Wanderlust pours out her mind unto the physical object in order to clear her head. Her fingers trail to a pinned piece of leather, depicting a dragon’s claw, talons like icicles.

“Krann Whitemane. Led the winter’s claw to northrend to find three objects of power that turned into one weapon, seized at the dragon home of Cranagosa’s island, captured and cleansed of mind control. The weapon, a staff of arcane power, incorporated into our ship, the Wanderlust. Krann Whitemane, imprisoned with Valdrakken accord.”

Cristana moves along a green thread that leads up to a drawing of Valdrakken. She taps it twice contemplating before moving along the line again.

“Winter’s claw was searching for items of power. The same idea was instructed to Myrrh Windshriek, the leader of the Galewings, a contingent force of primalists under the same master as the Winter’s claw. However Myrrh rebelled against their master’s plan, and obtained items from Darkshore instead that pushed the shadow out of her. They allegedly planned revenge on their master, Gravehide, and came along with us.”

The green thread moves through pictures of Moonglade, Sholazar Basin and finally to Waking shores. Here it splits up, as a yellow line extends to a Djaradin, another yellow thread to a leather scrap with the name Gravehide on it, and finally a green one towards the name Fyrakk.

“A group of druids of the flame had been aiding alongside the primalist activity. I should try to narrow down direct coalition between them, but this wing seems to have been separated from the others to a degree. Alantria Ashwing, had taken them to the waking shores where together with the djaradin forces, was going to unleash a batch of fire infused twilight eggs, whether these would have turned directly into firehawks, or mutated dragons, I don’t know, but my Wayfinders were able to stop them by delving deep into the firelands.”

From this point on, there’s only red lines. These red lines stretch out towards two pictures, a drawing of a gargantuan proto-dragon who’s hide looks like a graveyard, jagged rocks turning into tombstones, a drawing of Myrrh, and a piece of parchment with a written copy of a letter. From this extends more red lines, one from Myrrh to a drawing of Uldum, and one from Gravehide and what was a sketch of a gilded wing armour he had been spotted wearing at the defeat of Alantria

“Myrrh was taken, leaving behind a letter that said this fate was certain. Gravehide descended on my allies, and from his maw came a mind controlling spell. Aimed for my own surveyor, Kyrzen, Myrrh leapt in front of it. She then reportedly opened a portal to Skywall. We were able to escape our encounter in the firelands. Final clue left by Myrrh, was the word Vashj’ir”

Cristana turns around to find her glass of water, having dried her throat out by talking, manually processing the information. She fetches two pieces of paper. She writes down the words Vashj’ir, Skywall, and after looking between the words, writes a final one, Deepholm?

She places the new scraps of paper to the board, and finds her spool of yellow thread to connect it together, finding a bit of red, and the word: Purpose?. She attaches this to the other side, towards the drawing of Gravehide.

A knock rocks on her door. Cristana turns around on the spot, and pushes herself through the captain quarters, opening the door, to reveal a group of dracthyr, dressed in their armours, wearing Valdrakken tabards.

“Come in. The letter you sent me sounded grave”.

They oblige, and soon they stand before Cristana’s table. The room is well lit, the wood well taken care of, and there’s signs to believe that the original material has been replaced by living wood, the process in which wisps are able to lengthen natural wood into building materials that doesn’t hurt the tree’s.

“There’s something going on within the Forbidden reach. Our scouts said there was a sheer of light in the sky, and something dark descended down towards the ground. We’ve detected powerful storm energies, and harsh gales blocked scouts passage to get around Stormsunder mountain. We notified you after your request to find them”.

The dracthyr, average height of his kin, blue with teal spots and lime green streaks, points towards the picture of Myrrh on the board.

Cristana turns slowly to look at the board. She grunts. The Forbidden Reach is across the world from where they are, they’d never be able to make it there in time by boat. “Damned. Thank you, Kiaran. I’m going to call in my people, so we can begin to settle the score with Gravehide’s plans. Thank you for the information.”

The dracthyr bow their heads, before beginning to depart the ship. Cristana reaches out and quickly finds several parchments, writing ferociously, moving her frame across the room towards the door, rolling up the parchments and putting a thread around to keep them sealed with a knot. “Darkwing!”

It takes a moment for Darkwing to come down, but the hippogryph, black with orange plumage and standing at a tall height, a former beast of war, eventually descends unto the ship, gently resting in the waters of Booty bay. As Cristana secures the collective letters to Darkwings side satchel, she murmurs her instructions to her friend.

Just before he is about to depart, she notices a large owl, sitting on top of a nearby palm tree. That’s odd, owls are not native to Stranglethorn. The owl sits there for a long time, before shifting up into the air, and departs with a faint shimmer of green.

Cristana shakes it off for now, pats Darkwings side, and urges him on to find the Wayfinders and get them back to the ship, it’s time for another adventure.

Entering our second year as Wayfinders, it’s been a wild ride. The date upon releasing this is the first of january which is the day the forum thread went up and we became public. While good and bad has come, many stories have been told and many people have reached out in support or cooperation and I’m very thankful. Leading a guild was always my dream and taking the leap has paid off. I hope for a good 2024

Roll Protection

I wanted to update the original idea of roll protection for our guild, as it was something I had carried on from guilds I’d been in before, it did not mesh with our system, as too many numbers made it feel cluttered to ever implement. For now on, once an event, one may reroll their roll, to make sure they clear a check. This rerolled number cannot be a crit nor cannot be used to win a finisher round (Aka highest roll gets the kill)

Contact

Should you wish to try and join us then please send a LETTER in-game with your ooc contact information, this means I can check if I have mail, immediately contact you and begin the initial ooc interview. You only need to send one letter. The people you should send the letters to are the ones below:

Crístana/Cristäna (Alliance)
Noviah/Silvianar (Horde)
Daera (Alliance)
Kyrzen (Alliance)
Kyrzun (Horde)

Thank you everyone who has partaken in the guild, supported on the sidelines, or simply read our thread like a newsletter.

4 Likes

Hello book,
This week has been interesting, to say the least. It was quiet in the first three days of the week, but Thursday had us faced with accusations of murder by the local guards, even if the guard captain wasn’t ready to jump on that theory yet himself - he employed us to investigate the crime, in fact, while the local investigation team was busy in Ramkahen with other crimes!

There were two victims - a Worgen woman and a Kaldorei man. We split up into three groups; one stayed at the murder scene to investigate the bodies, another went into Mar’at to ask around about the two and the last group visited the two’s homes to see if any proof could be found in them.
In the end, the story we managed to pull together was that they were both reeling from trauma - one from Teldrassil and the other from Gilneas. The Worgen isolated herself and tried to live a quiet day by day as a wildlife hunter, but the Kaldorei tried to involve her in the community when he saw her living on her own.

We think that she must have fell for him, but he rejected her, as he wasn’t ready for anything romantic. At some point after that, a strange figure offered an experimental ‘medicine’ that numbed her emotions.

But, for some reason, she met with the Kaldorei and either murdered him and then was murdered by someone else - judging by the wound left on her body - or they were both murdered by someone, and a weapon was left at the crime scene to try and hide that fact.

They then went to the Worgen’s tent and tried to hide the evidence, but managed to leave just enough behind for us to find. On that, I’m confused - maybe they didn’t have the time to fully get rid of the evidence?

The local investigation unit have arrived, and they said that they’ll get back to us on the crime soon enough. We didn’t do it, obviously, but… That thought lingering on my mind with everything else going on is worrisome.

Then there was Saturday! Cristana and Daera rescued the apprentice of a local shaman - a Sethrak - and brought him back to our camp, to help us look for his master. Our Vulperan friends weren’t happy about it to say the least, but… That’s a whole other issue, and not something I think I want to talk about here.

We followed the Sethrak out to Orsis, where we were attacked by void-infused wind elements; we managed to take them down, and headed further south to some larger ruins, where the Sethrak’s master was chained up to poles and being guarded over by a larger infused elemental. It took some work with the small team we had, but we managed to take it down and rescue the Sethrak’s master.

Now, we just need to get into Skywall. Until then, book, I suppose that’s all I have to write. Hopefully things are looking better whenever someone next writes in you.

Have a good evening, book.
-Kyrzen

2 Likes

Travel Book Entry: 3rd February

Dear book,

Tempering the storm. Regret, sorrow, anger. Emotions I often have to bare. I often find myself in situations in which I am forced to keep myself repressed, in the face of atrocities and darkness, I cannot slow down for a heartbeat because there is people with me that depend on me being able to make a solution.

I sometimes fear, that when people do not see my reactions, they think that this emotion is above me, that their fear is not justified, that their reactions are not good enough. I fear that my ability to compartmentalize will make them think they have to be the same, and while that is functionally beneficial for certain circumstances, I do not wish anyone too endure the pain of not being able to express yourself.

A wise man once told me that in the path you take you to run away from your destiny, you’re running right too it. I departed military because of the soullessness. I left because people looked at lives as a equation, and you can’t sit and cry about lost numbers if your actions saved theoretically more. I didn’t want to become the law and order of a squadrant, and make decisions I think were the best within my own limitations, I wanted to be more, I wanted to be closer to the heart. I’ve ended up further from it. Perhaps being able to be this, for them, is my way of showing my heart, by getting them through it.

If I can provide something for them, by being the commander I was supposed to be, now realized by my own hands, then perhaps that’s what I have become, and me being ready to accept that, is my own goal to claim.

That’s it for now book.

-Cristana Silverthorn.

Wayfinders are looking to take to the sea now and make their way back towards the new home of the elves, Bel’ameth.

3 Likes

Lintian was really excited tonight to see her favorite adventurers in Bel’ameth!

3 Likes

Travel Book Entry: 26th February.

Dear book,

I’m writing from my quarters. It’s been heavy rain recently and the ship is rocking gently on the waves. We’ve been to Bel’Ameth and we’ve seen many old faces. I’ve not had the chance to talk with them all but I think there will be another opportunity eventually. Sadly do I have to report that my people have not changed for the better after amirdrassil bloomed. Many prefer to insult or threaten people who are not elves before they get to know them. I have the luxury of maybe living in a world where elves of kin decide to be part of this world but I’m unsure if my shortlived friends will.

We continue to work on the chronocompass and we’ve been finding more pieces lately. Two days ago we were able to save a young adult whaleshark, and it in return saved us from a North Sea kraken, the reptilian kind.

We’re headed now to Gilneas where we are supposed to talk with a patron about a new job. It seems like a fairly simple search mission, so I hope it’s not going to be as perilous as those who came before it.

I think that is all for now book. See you soon.

-Cristana Silverthorn.

We have many things coming up which are very exciting, i thank the host of the lunar festival Nifre and hope to talk with the ones i didn’t have time for this time around.

3 Likes

Travel Book Entry: 17th March

Book.

They say to write your thoughts in here. In you, I suppose.

The Wayfinders have been my whole remembering life, literally. They’re all I know. The only family I remember. At first, when I first left stasis, I thought them unstoppable. Immovable bastions of strength and knowledge. They were benevolent keepers to me, gentle and patient hands that took mine. Guided me with their knowledge, how to cook crabs or mussels, how to pitch a tent. Showed me what bread is, and cheese. Little crumbs of knowledge they fed me with. I still do not feel whole, but there’s hope with them. That one day I will be a person.

Days ago there was an incident. I do no want to wish to recall the exact nature, to reignite the rage and sore parts. But there was an explosion-- Or a sort of fire. The Captain – Cristana – was barely breathing. Almost gone. Jalchi was burnt. Myna was also worse for wear. Even my own brother, though not caught in the flames, was wounded.

I have made a mistake. Believing the Wayfinders were unshakable bastions. They are flesh and blood, just as I, just as easily snuffed out. Not benevolent spirits sent to guide me from my would-be dusty tomb. They’re people. My people. My family. My weyrn.

I will do better to nurture them, as they’ve nurtured me. Inside and outside of this awful swamp.

Because I want to.

-Shark.

Misadventures in the swamp took a wild turn.
(Edited to amend an overlooked typo)

3 Likes

Travel Book Entry: 4th April

Hey book,

I’m going to try to pen down everything that’s gone on for the last bit of time.

I was sent a raven by a gilnean noble who wanted to talk about a mission. This client was a Lady Hawthorne, and they requested to have a diadem that belonged to their sister family returned to them. This diadem had been lost to sea in the third war, and had been fished up recently, and through markets had made its way over to Nazmirs temples. We set course and moved towards that direction.

When we arrived in Nazmir we were attacked by a horde of bloodmites. These bloodmites seemed more aggressive then normal and the brought down big ones which took part of my wayfinder crew, Jalchi, Kelduril, Daera and Addy. We left the ship after them, met a pair of orcs that had come down the road, saying their people had been taken too,we worked together and while avoiding a undead devilsaur, and fighting off a few crawgs, we eventually found them, or they found us. They were not alone, as they’d been taken the same place as the orcs friends, and it was revealed they were called the Vulture Company.

We went up the road with vultures, went through a few bases, while we were finding out that we were sent by the same client for the same job. To stick it to the client, we decided to work together. The diadem was no where to be seen, but Nazmir was in a horrendous state. Storming winds, lightning, flooding and earthquakes. We wrote down and singled the weather anomalies out, and with each one we found a piece of the puzzle.

From the storms, was the diadem with a stone in it. By the other anomalies were three other stones that slotted into the item. We knew the client wanted a full piece or we’d be docked pay, so the vulture’s Tealeaf was able to scry out that the last pieces were in Drustvar. Nazmir had been dangerous, and had endangered us, but we decided to push on.

On our road to Drustvar, we were assaulted by a wicker monstrosity. The body compromised of a wicker ship, a krakens tendrils and the body of a whale. Together with the vultures we were able to defeat it, and then we set out to find the last two stones, which were in a blizzard and scorching light, the opposed forces not lost on me. When the two stones were connected to the diadem, the diadem intended to trap us in. We were able to suppress it, either by sating its hunger, or draining it of its magic.

After three days of being trapped, we finally broke free and we made a mad dash across the forest, while the diadem tried to vye for the attention of its holders. After hours of treacherous and dangerous obstacles, we suppressed its magic due to the staff of Cranagosa, and we brought it on towards our client.

During travel, we were able to suppress the diadem further, and when it was time to give it over, Tealeaf successfully talked the client into giving us both hazard pay, and for the diadem to be warded in by our own shared experts, Nelarue and Ithigos.

We’re now in Gilneas preparing to leave, and the next seas we will cross into is to the south, we’re going spelunking in Pandaria, in a place the world forgot, and enrich ourselves in its beautiful culture.

Now you’re all caught up to speed Book, goodnight.

Cristana Silverthorn.

We’ve just finished a lengthy one month campaign with the Vulture Company, and now we’re going to depart for our own travels in Pandaria, bring what friends along we’ve missed.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/the-vulture-company/440442/4

3 Likes

Once more, I am completely using all of my free will by deciding to write here.

On a more serious note - we’re enjoying our time, getting some nice relaxation in Pandaria! The Jade Forest is as wonderful a place as ever.

2 Likes