[N-RP] Yih's Ghostforge ⚒

Returning to check for new items? The categories are sorted by date, with the last items in each category being the latest!

Yih’s Ghostforge is open for business!

In the service of the Fallen Leaf, Yih has opened up shop and her work is now available to Horde, Alliance and neutrals alike. Making magical items of power, usually of ghost iron but with varying materials based on item cost and quality, Yih provides all an aspiring champion needs to make their mark on history. Ranging from cheap but reliable to expensive and powerful, both a mercenary in need of some extra advantage and a hero in need of new tools will find what they need here.

Yih currently works out of a magical forge at the Jade Temple, ensuring that any who are on peaceful terms with Pandaria can access her shop. To contact Yih, either send an in-game mail or write the contents of your letter as a post in this thread. If applicable an in-game item will be specified to match each item’s appearance.

Furthermore, as gold use in RP is highly inconsistent, there will be no fixed gold prices – rather prices will be on a scale, where 1 is the cheapest and simplest items offered, and 10 are the most expensive, off-limits to all but the very rich. Category 1 is comparable to the price of a horse, and category 10 is comparable to the cost of a warship.

Custom Item

Properties: Yih will attempt to forge an item to match the customer’s needs and specifications. For a number of reasons, this will cost a bit more than forging a similar item from the established items list.

Price – Varies

Improve Item

Properties: Yih will attempt to improve an existing magical or mundane item, adding more functionality, amending flaws, or otherwise empowering its nature.

Price - Varies

Items list

Common

Magical Ammunition

Properties: Yih is able to enchant bullets and arrows with various additional properties. These range from explosive and freezing ammunition to various secondary effects such as sleep arrows or bullets that create a large cloud of thick smoke on impact, to disorient enemies.

Price: Base cost of ammunition, plus varying cost based on enchantments - typically category 1.

Sword/Axe of the Berserker

Properties: Forged by metal that some warily whisper has been exposed to the Sha of Anger, this weapon focuses the rage of the user into a useable form – moderately increasing its speed, deftness and hitting power over its mundane counterparts.

Price: Category 1

Gold Sigil Sword/Spear

Properties: Favoured by elves, the small gold decorations on this weapon have been enchanted with spells of flowing light. Its swings are easy to handle yet lightning fast, albeit at a small cost of hitting power.

Price: Category 2

Sword of Silence

Properties: A tool of subtlety, this sharp, sleek sword makes no sound when drawn, swung or even dropped – and even those wounded by it find themselves made equally silent for a short time.

Jinyu River Armour

Properties: Forged with water streams as per Jinyu tradition, this light metal armour lets the wearer move effortlessly through water as well as providing resistance to attacks from this element.

Glittering Scale

Properties: This scale mail shirt has been enchanted to capture the rays of the sun, expelling its dazzling light at opponents, blinding their sight.

Amulet of Obsidian

Properties: This amulet of deeply reflective, enchanted obsidian repels magic, providing a moderately magic-dampening effect for its wearer, often enough to save their life.

Amulet of Opal

Properties: When its surface is tapped upon twice, the Opal’s power is activated, briefly protecting the wearer from most sources of harm – but afterwards its perfect surface becomes fractured, and it must be repaired or replaced.

Seed of the World Tree

Properties: This enchanted seed – believed to originate from Shaladrassil before its corruption – has had its life energies balanced with the Arcane. When it is consumed, it rapidly heals the user’s wounds.

Price: Category 3

Ruby Ring

Properties: The small ruby inlaid into the surface of this ring contains a captured spell. When its surface is scratched, it will unleash this spell – usually a fireball – in the direction its finger is pointing, after which it must be recharged.

Black Ox Shield

Properties: This shield has been blessed by disciples of the great Ox, drawing on his stubborn endurance. As long as the bearer’s determination does not falter, its protection is significantly enhanced over that of a mundane shield, particularly against crushing physical blows.

Stone of Luck

Properties: Blessed with the magic of tricksters, this stone – while seemingly useless – has an uncanny habit of providing a stroke of luck when it is least expected.

Armour of the Mogu

Properties: Forged in ancient Mogu style, it is said that wearing this armour was equal parts for protection and as a boast of the wearer’s strength. It provides very significant protection, but its weight inevitably slows the wearer.

Trollfoe Armour

Properties: Forged using methods said to date back to the Zandalari troll wars, the magics imbued in this armour recognises trolls of all kinds and repels their attacks above all others.

Blessed Crane Lantern

Properties: This lantern always glows when the fuel supply is turned, regardless of any fuel present. It also illuminates any hidden by dark magics within its glow, foiling would-be assassins and revealing hidden secrets.

Fang of the Bamboo Python

Properties: This dagger, seemingly always sharp no matter how long it is used, is permanently dripping with poison from an unknown source – paralysing the victim and rendering them helpless.

Wolf Teeth Amulet

Properties: This necklace, made from Draenor Garn teeth tipped with steel, has been enchanted to draw upon the predatory viciousness of that animal. When worn, the wearer’s strikes are made deadlier - wounds inflicted bite deeper, bleed more and become harder to heal.

Guardian’s Zhebidao

Properties: This single-edged straight sword has received enchantments to improve its defensive ability. It can be swung with great deftness and seems to help the wielder parry and deflect correctly, which has especially impressive results in an expert’s hands. It is well-suited to complement a shield for an unbreakable defense or as an archer’s backup weapon for self-defense, but the enchantments come at a cost of hitting power.

Tide-blessed Amulet

Properties: This tentacled anchor amulet bears a blessing of the Kul Tiran tidesages. It protects from the chill of the deep and allows for breathing underwater. It fiercely opposes the Medallion of Gral and the items will violently clash if brought together.

Medallion of Gral

Properties: This medallion bears the blessings of Gral’s cult. While underwater, the wearer can swim fast as a shark, and aquatic wildlife encountered will be friendly. It fiercely opposes the Tide-blessed Amulet and the items will violently clash if brought together.

Sea Gold Weapon

Properties: Forged from fabled sea gold, recovered from the depths where it has absorbed power from the tides over the ages, this weapon’s shape can be made to suit the client’s preference. Sea gold is far more resilient than normal gold and bears enchantments extremely well, and its otherworldly luster makes it highly desirable for those wishing to impress. Clients are warned to not let themselves be tricked - some sell counterfeit items made of monelite, which lacks both the power and unique appearance of sea gold!

Price: Category 1-3 depending on weapon size and enchantments

Uncommon

Ghostforge Plate Mail

Properties: This full suit of ghost iron armour, aside from being light and protective, has been imbued with particular magics to hide the user from sight. The magnitude of this effect is proportional to the speed at which the user is moving, ranging from no effect at a standstill to a near-invisible blur at truly breakneck speeds.

Price: Category 5

Sword of Flame

Properties: This blade was made from a single searing flame that was transmuted into material form, after which a small fire spirit agreed to make it its home, and its surface still shines red as if forged from pure ruby. Foes struck by this weapon risk being set alight, and defences against mundane attacks are of no use against it.

Price: Category 4

Chillblade

Properties: In many ways the cousin and opposite of the Sword of Flame, the Chillblade was forged from shards of the Icecrown Glacier transmuted into a metallic form, and has then been allowed to absorb falling snow into itself for seven days. Its touch freezes not only the body, but also the soul, slowing and dulling the victim’s mind.

Shield of the Enduring Earth

Properties: Forged from an Elementium alloy enchanted to draw strength from the stone below, this greatshield is extremely difficult for opponents to shift – as it is struck, it almost seems to float in the air by its own volition, remaining in place even if the arm behind it is shaken.

Diamond of Eternity

Properties: This diamond pendant drinks in the light of its surroundings, using its power to slowly, constantly heal the wearer of any wounds inflicted upon them. It multiplies the wearer’s natural healing, preventing the forming of scars and resisting magical interference.

Price: Category 5

Scarab of the Endless Sands

Properties: These scarabs are only known to be found in Ahn’Qiraj. Its powers have been carefully magnified, and when activated it temporarily turns the owner and their possessions into sand, confounding pursuers and avoiding detection. Movement remains possible in this state, albeit slowed down.

Mogu Siege Hammer

Properties: An old mogu design, these enormous hammers are far too unwieldy to be practical against normal opponents, but excel at destroying inanimate targets such as heavily reinforced doors – repeated blows can threaten gates and even small walls.

Orb of the Storm’s Eye

Properties: This fist-sized orb carries a unique type of enchantment. While reminiscent of a wizard’s orb, the purpose is quite the opposite - it dampens magic around it, weakening spellcasters of most kinds. The leylines are becalmed, the Nether and the Void are seemingly pushed further away, and the voices of nature and the elements are silenced. However, it should be warned that runic magic and similar forms of spellcasting are unaffected.

Jian Brethren

Properties: These twin jian - double-edged straight swords - have been bound together with several enchantments and forged of an incredibly fine ghost iron-mithril alloy, mined from the same place. When wielded together, their abilities are greatly amplified. Every blow seems to be struck in harmony, one sword parrying as the other counter-attacks, in a manner that many describe as being akin to dance. The blades are significantly weakened if separated, but together they strike with truly astonishing finesse.

Monster Hunter’s Harpoon

Properties: This jagged, serrated harpoon is crafted in the ways of the Outriggers of Kul Tiras. Its design and arcane enchant-forging makes it a splendid tool for killing large beasts of any type, as well as Tauren, perhaps due to its inventors’ bias. It pierces tough hides easily and refuses to let go, cutting into vital organs and causing disastrous bleeding. It is, however, less useful against metal.

Price: Category 3

Bloodbreaker Glaive

Initially forged by wary Zandalari for use against the Nazmani and their dreaded deity, this weapon carries a prism in its heart that has been infused with the lingering light of Rezan by a vengeful prelate, and its superstructure features a number of lesser gems that disperse this power throughout the weapon. It can be used to deflect and resist blood magic, and is particularly deadly against minions and servants of the Old Gods - even with mortal cultists the slightest corruption is detected by the prelate’s hateful echo.

Rare

Flail of Radiance

Properties: This gilded flail has been enchanted with several spells. It will never harm its user (always a concern with flails) and it will strike harder than a mundane flail despite its lighter weight. Its defining feature however is its attunement to the Light; when sufficient magic of this type is channelled through the weapon, it will unleash a mighty burst of Light that will decimate weaker foes and send even more determined opponents reeling.

Price: Category 7

Dragonhelm

Properties: Forged in some of the hottest fires possible, tempered by the flame breath of Cloud Serpents and imbued with incantations of magma, this greathelm provides ample physical protection, but also repels fiery magics of every conceivable kind – only the most extreme such situations can hope to harm its wearer.

Price: Category 6

Night Shroud

Properties: This talisman captures the dark of night. When desired, the aura of gloom that clings to the Night Shroud becomes so strong it physically manifests as armour, weightless but providing suitable defensive properties – especially against shadowy attacks.

Imperial Dao

Properties: This single-bladed, curved saber is a gilded weapon worthy of kings. It is ideal for two-handed use but balanced for single-handed use as well, allowing for the surprising of one’s opponent. Numerous gemstones are carefully embedded into its pommel, guard and spine, which contain elemental magic drawn from Pandaria’s spirits. Careful training is required to master the techniques in which these magics can be unleashed to add to one’s attacks, but once such mastery is attained the Imperial Dao is a weapon sure to impress any who see it - on and off the battlefield.

Epic

Frost-Wyrm Scale Mail

Properties: Forged from Frost-Wyrm scales recovered from the wastes of Northrend, this incredibly fine scale mail shirt possesses powerful innate magical properties that have been further directed through enchantment into a useable form. The mail resists icy and shadowy magic very well, and when worn it projects a blizzard-like aura around the wearer, slowing the movement of enemies - weakening their ability to fight and escape. Should the mail become severely damaged in battle, it projects a much more intense vortex of biting frost around itself, deterring attack and protecting the wearer.

Price: Category 9

Vengeful Spear of Elune

Properties: This spear, its tip forged from ancient moonsteel and its haft crafted from untainted Shaladrassil wood, has been blessed by a priestess of the Moon as an instrument of vengeance. While it is a strong and dependable melee weapon - seemingly never losing its edge, and piercing opponents with little resistance - it is primarily a supreme throwing weapon. When thrown, it seemingly strikes with the might of the Ancients, capable of sending an armoured Tauren flying and scattering groups of smaller enemies. Afterwards, it simply returns to the user’s hand, where it needs a few seconds to charge its power once more.

Note that the spear refuses to serve any who bear ill intent against Elune or the Night Elves.

Price: Category 8

Piercer of Heaven

Properties: This weapon is a Qiang, a leaf-bladed spear with a tassel mounted just below the blade. The tassel indicates elite status, conceals the blade’s direction in motion and prevents blood from making the handle slippery or sticky. This particular example, however, is far above others of its kind. Repaired and reforged after being recovered from an ancient battlefield, where it survived better even than the architecture being fought over, this spear is extremely resilient and pierces physical and magical defenses alike with little effort. More than that, its true power comes into light when used mounted - with it in one’s hands, any beast ridden becomes fast as the wind, tireless, and charges hit home with terrifying power. When mounted on something as mighty as a cloud serpent, it could surely pierce heaven itself!

Price: Category 9

This list is by no means exhaustive. Additional items will be added over time, both as requested and successfully made items join the standard, and as Yih’s own experiments continue!

24 Likes

I want to start with wishing you luck :slight_smile:
but I have a question, I thought horses weren’t that cheap, as in a rather simple mercenary could buy one? (comparing with lvl 1 items) but I might be wrong

1 Like

I imagine a mercenary would be able to afford a horse, though they could certainly not buy one without planning.

1 Like

Interesting idea, I may pop by on a character sometime.

Especially if she could be convinced to try and make ammunition for powder-based weaponry, then I could see my Belf Mercenary/Pirate/Outlaw be interested. She has some ideas for some unique ammunition but isnt sure who to go to with it.

2 Likes

Making magical ammunition is absolutely possible.

Do you do titanforging?

1 Like

Only the prices can titanforge. :muscle:

2 Likes

Neat idea, very nice and interesting, best of luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

This shall be seen, wanted to give a bump for it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good timing, for additional items have just been added to the list!

This includes the first Epic items - thanks to a fortunate encounter with a rare materials trader as well as a favour from an old friend, Yih has been able to add two new items as the first of this category.

4 Likes

I LOVE that idea. Please continue with it, I wish you best of luck with it!

2 Likes

I love this concept. Looks original, it’s fun and it can provide great RP for others.
Keep it up!

2 Likes

To the esteemed Blacksmith Yih,

Having lately heard of your achievements in your craft, I’m rather tempted to employ your services. In particular, I have a certain project I’d like to commission.

What I wanted in particular was a pair of daggers but not just any, obviously - something that’d cut through skin, bone and steel of any foe I come across while being as light as possible. In other words, I want it to be the ultimate weapon that of an assassin - be it an enchantment which leeches off the foe’s lifeforce, allows the weapons to disappear to be hidden or otherwise, I’m eager to hear of what you could potentially offer.

Now, I know that what I’m asking is probably going to cost a small (or a very big) fortune and as such I’d like to add that seeing as to how my current area of operations is very wide I’d be open to seeking out most of the necessary resources. It is in my interest that the weapons aren’t too overpriced and have the best qualities they can. I’ve also attached a sketch to the letter. I’ll be waiting for your response and especially so what magical improvements you may offer.

-Crowton Blakemore

The sketch in question seems to depict two sharp daggers, standing out not only by the fancy look but also with the fact that both of them seem to have a in-built openable slot for vials with poison to be inserted in, from where the poison is slowly coated naturally with an elaborate if practical system of canals, making sure the weapons are coated with the substance without having to re-apply it mid battle. The sketch also has neat pointers and notes as to the sizes of the weapon, clearly being done who has at least some experience in terms of blueprints.

https:// wow .zamimg. com /uploads/screenshots/normal/534421-kingslayers-assassination-rogue-artifact .jpg
for OOC reference as to what I want it to be~ Sadly not allowed to post links, as such extra spaces were made.

1 Like

A short letter is returned.

Dear Mr. Blakemore,

I have considered your request, and it should be very doable. As I am not working from a pre-established design, take note it may take several weeks to complete the weapons.

We should discuss the price, materials and other details at my forge. My schedule is open at six tomorrow, as well as the two days following. Feel free to come at any of these times, or send a letter in return if you wish to plan in a later date.

__

As a tip, you can post links without having to add any spaces, by using the preformatted text option!

1 Like

To Blacksmith Yih,

I believe I will be free tomorrow and as such will probably pay a visit to Pandaria and whatnot.

Crowton

Probably easier to communicate OOC with at least some contact. As such, dill#1473 for discord and Boomkinator#2455 for BTag, whichever you prefer.

Hi-ho! Not long ago, Crowton’s daggers were completed!

As part of the payment, Yih obtained both rare materials and a magic item to study, which together with the design for the knives themselves will mean the list of items will become expanded further!

Soon I will need to index the list…

The shop remains open, however!

5 Likes

To the Blacksmith Yih,

Word of your esteemed work has reached many ears, even those in Suramar. I seek to employ your services on returning an old tool to a usable state, should you be up for the challenge.

I wish to have an old family heirloom reforged; an Azsharan-era straight-sword of immaculate quality and fine finish. I know little of the blade, and its material, but I hope you would be able to help me in that regard. The steel is of a keen quality that, even ten thousand years later, it still holds an edge. It is blue, like a twilight eve, and twisted to reveal stars along its form. I would wish to keep as many of the original accouterments and decorations as possible, but ultimately that would fall to your creative vision.

Note that successful completion of this weapon may result in future work from myself and others of my craft.

Please see attached a lithograph of the weapon in its current state. If this challenge interests you, I wish to meet with you on the cusp of next week so we can begin discussions. The time and place I will leave to your requirements.

Best,

A. V. Duskquill
Novelist

The image itself was clearly taken on a S.E.L.F.I.E. camera, but its of a surprising quality. The weapon is clearly lithe, almost Pandaren in design with its thin straight blade now in pieces. Laid out with several sections out of order, it couldn’t be more than a hand-and-a-half blade, its hilt longer to compensate and gilded in gold. Its wrapped in a contrasting pair of leathers, though the shot is pulled too far back to make much detail out. Its clear the hilt is heavily engraved.

2 Likes

Not long after, a short, to-the-point letter returns.

It can be done. Meet me at the Jade Temple on the first day of next month, at seven bells. We will discuss the details and price there.

Good fortune to you,

Yih

1 Like

((Hey Yih! Sent a mail Blue-side as I’ll be home just under the wire at 7PM server time. Feel free to hmu with my contact details in there <3))

While Yih has been working on Alryette’s blade, she has not been idle elsewhere. After looking into ancient, traditional weaponry of Pandaria and how they can be modified and improved, Yih has been able to add one such weapon to each of the item categories!

2 Likes