Name "unavailable" after free character transfer

Hey. I’ve completed the free character transfer for 2 of my characters from Lone Wolf EU to Living Flame EU. Now both my characters’ names are “unavailable” and “flagged for rename”. I still hope this is a weird error, but if not, I’d really like to know what’s the reason for that and why they were fine on Lone Wolf but restricted on Living Flame.

1 Like

You answered your own question they are unavailable, someone else have characters with those names thats why they are not available

I have the same issue, despite the fact that my name is not taken on Living Flame server. I checked this with my alt.

I have the same issue. And I remember in a blue post that they mentioned that inactive players will lose their name. But I wasn’t able to keep my name even though the player on the server I transfered to is inactive.
Someone mentioned that this didn’t work since something got messed up.

Will this still be a thing at a later point in time and we get a free rename? I would really love to get my old name back. I mean we were kind of forced to move to the new server so at least we should get to keep our name if on the target server the player is not playing anymore.

This semi-forced transfer onto an already existing server was extremely unfair for us who had to move. Personally I lost my main’s name, my identity, to someone who is not even level 60 and who have not raided since phase 2 (at least judging by warcraftlogs).

If we would have instead transferred to a completely new server at least the active/dedicated player-base would have had a chance to keep their names, their identities.

Another solution would have been to allow the higher level character to claim their name. All someone had to do when Blizzard announced the merge was to log on once to lock the name to them, even if they really had no intention to continue playing SoD.

On top of this bs, Blizzard do not even allow character name changes on SoD servers to change names which was perhaps a bit too hastily changed at the point of transfer.