Naxxramas Achievement Rewards to Remain Available Throughout Wrath Classic

Just a minor laugh to myself, reminds me of the guild I was in for Vanilla and TBC Classic, and because progression was slow but steady, but slower than the “norm”, command officers in the guild were depressed lol. Stress and depression in a game…that’s one I never heard at the time in the original game.

This tells Cata is to come :frowning:

1 Like

I fail the immortal achievement every week because my guild is full of Swedes. The people who are saying ICC will make it easy are looking at this the wrong way; the achievement is already easy.

It doesn’t matter how much you outgear the content if some idiots in your guild run into mobs before the tank.

1 Like

How would have this influence the time you have spent in the game?
If you are living the pve matrix, how isnt getting those goals when its still the current content the best thing to do?

If you want your time to be respected, quit wotlk because you get even more powerful when cata launches.
Enjoy your year free.

Once I saw someone above the well in dalaran with his cool dragon mount. I targeted the people arond to check whats their target. Noone had dragondruid targeted.
Noone cares now. Noone will care if ulduar goes live.

Well, only deaths during bossfights have to be avoided. Dying to trash does not matter. And s½ure gear does help. At a certain time you wont even need priest anymore for the instructor boss. And i think this is the only boss which is "gate keeping:

A large part of their business model will be to keep us in game, they’ll do it far more often than we think.

I’m not the one to post on forums, but this announcement had me do it.

These achievements and these mounts are special in the sense that it rewards the players who put in the efforts to actually accomplish these achievements in the current gear caps that exists. While playing Wrath of the Lich King in retail I was a noobie who didnt get to do this since I simply wasn’t good enough. I always looked at the Black and Plagued Proto-drake with envy as well as the titles that came from pulling off a flawless run with no deaths in 10/25 man Naxxramas. Although I would have liked these rewards for myself, it takes away the actual cred from having these rewards when you can do this while being totally overgeared making these things so much easier than doing it while it’s actually the current content.

I understand you want to enable more people to get these rewards who are not playing competitevly, but these rewards are for those who are playing more seriously and more competitive.

People complaining about not being able to do this due to pugs not wanting them and their guilds not doing them prior to the end of the phase - find a guild more suitable for you who are more alligned with you and your ambitions in the game.

This is unfortunately a pattern that Blizzard is following in the later years with making the game easier and more accessable for those who don’t want to put in the time and effort. A pattern that a lot of us, speaking for myself and some people I know, wanted to avoid coming back to these previous expansions where the game actually was harder and more challening than the retail version is, where putting in time and effort in comparrison to more casual players actually made a difference.

Many people hopefully agree with me on this and probably do, and are hoping aswell as me that this gets repealed and that thes achievement rewards gets unavailable once ulduar drops, as it was back in the day.

Hope this makes a difference.

FYI I only have Immortal

Best regards
Hampilicious

3 Likes

I don’t normally post on forums but seeing this made me feel like I had to.

The nature of these rewards and achievements used to have som bearing back when WotLK was running on retail, seeing people post Naxxramas running around with these mounts and titles meant something. Not everyone could get them and the opportunity to get them no longer existed, it came with some sort of credibility and accomplishment having them basically and the player count that had them was limited. It was a reward for those who put in the time and the effort in to the game, making these challenging achievements and getting the reward from them in the current content sent a message that you were a somewhat skilled player. Even though I feel that the Phase 1 content had been easier than on actual retail, my understanding of these rewards remains the same.

Unfortunately, this change that makes it possible to get the rewards during the coming phases totally changes this. The people who put the time and the effort in to achieve these things, who competed for it, will not get the proper reward from it.

What I mean by this is that these types of achievements are competitive ones, wich should be rewarded to those who stand out from the rest and put in the effort to actually achieve them. Not everyone are competitive, and that’s fine, but if you aren’t you’re not gonna get the top achievements, the top progress and the top rewards - just like in real life, you need to put time and effort in to achieve things. If you find yourself in the situation like people I’ve seen here in the post, saying you can’t get it due to pugs not doing them and guilds failing and not wanting to do them, you’re in the wrong guild or setting for your playstyle if these achievements are something you want to do, it’s as simple as that.

I remember back when WotLK was on retail and I was a beginner, seeing people with Undying and Immortal or these drakes, actually meant something. And I think it still does even though I’ve found Naxxramas to be easier now than it was back then. I glanced at people with a bit of jealousy, but also I understood that these achievements were for people who had performed really well during the current content, not for noobies like myself who wasn’t good enough or didn’t have the opportunity to do it. It was a receipt for good performance during the patch, not something that everyone could obtain, and that’s what it should be.

In my point of view, this follows a pattern that Blizzard have had as of late, making everything available to everyone, non-competitive players who takes this game very casual should be able to get the things that people who play competitively even though they don’t put in the proper effort. This is what a lot of us, speaking for myself and most of the players around me, came back to Classic WoW to avoid and it’s my strong belief that most people who actually came back to this game agrees with me.

With all that said, I very much hope that this is not implemented and the rewards from these achievements are gone with the release of Ulduar.

FYI, I do not have all of these achievements I’m referring to, but I respect that they’re not for everyone.

Best regards
Hampilicious

14 Likes

Pretty much this. Even though achievements seem to be much easier to achieve these days it still requires you to put some effort in doing it. Going in with ulduar gear, or even ICC gear zerging most of these achievements makes them pointless. Why would you ever want to use these mounts or titles in the future when almost anybody can go in and still get it.

Locking some of the optional content (like rewards for these achievements) is obviously a good thing.

An MMORPG that lets everybody have everything is not a good game.
An MMORPG designed around the casual player being able to achieve everything is not a good game.
An MMORPG that doesn’t let players envy other players is not a good game.

We all see other players achievements and wish we had them ourselves, and thats the point of playing this game. To strive to achieve what seems to be unreachable, but really isn’t. That hopefully one day you will be similar to them and achieving something special like that. Clearing a raid is one thing, but doing all the bonus content that makes most things harder is another, and that should be rewarded and others should see what you accomplished and not what you could just go in for 5 minutes and just claim cause your gear was too good you kill the bosses in less than 15 seconds so many of these achievements are just gained automatically.

Making it available to anyone with little to no effort will just make this boring and unrewarding.

8 Likes

You have expressed the thoughts of many players thank you for that.
These titles and mounts have a special meaning due to a time limit for obtaining them.

10 Likes

You approach fights differently when doing immortal to doing a normal clear. The limitation on attempts before Phase 2 was expected as that’s how it was in Wrath - had they announced the glory achievement would be open for longer, we’d be far less inclined to push each week for Immortal and instead clear normally.

Only have to look at the “I’m stuck with my #### guild” comments in the chat here - if Immortal/Drakes are not available come launch of P2 then people will be more upset with deaths now. If you’ve got til ICC to get it, no one really cares. Can come back and 10 man it later xD

Again, I’m very supportive of the change and think it was odd in original Wrath that only the Naxx Glory had the cut off. They should have told us this at the start of P1.

1 Like

Yeee not a fan of this. Certain things should only be attainable when it is part of current content; it devalues the effort required when people are allowed to get the stuff with BIS 6K gs+ gear.

Also, why do these changes seem to be pick and choose, i.e. not universal? One need only look at the Amani Bear from TBC.

7 Likes

Why would u use them now.

Lets compare these pve rewards to pvp:
Shoulders. Everyone got them at the end of the season in tbc. I did enjoy my time i did get from the shoulders (lol. Noone cared) long enough so its ok everyone has them now. No problem. I will get the next pair to make me shine (like someone cares).
But for these pve rewards you act like its is something else. You enjoyed your Prestige long enough even if there is no prestige for these rewards at all. Do you guys think you will be even more of a snowflake once the other prestige dragon raider left the game?

If you want something to be proud of, get shoulders. In the gym.

2 Likes

Why did you remove ZulAman’s mount?
Why did you remove the title Scarab Lord?
Why did you remove the title Hand of A’dal ?
Why did you remove the title Champion of the Naaru ?
Because you respected the original spirit of the game!

Your stupid decisions to truncate the original game disgusts me. These titles and mounts will have no value if they are not removed as they were at the time of Ulduar’s release more than 10 years ago.

9 Likes

You had your chance 14 years ago, seethe harder that you cant flex worthless mount on some crappy Pserver topkek

Just wait for BMAH and buy it with gold

You mean like the wotlk titles that were obtainable all the way to cata ?

Where were your crying about Champion of the Naaru being still in the game when people could 5man KZ with SWP gear ? Seethe harder

3 Likes

At the end of tbc? just like with how this will be removed at the end of wrath

Really unique thing though actually in it self so cant be compared.

Same as the first one at the end of tbc those were removed not before that.

The only time Blizzard have ever removed a reward with the release of the next raid was those titles and mounts. They are not worth that much even now and there are mounts from each new raid coming out that will prove how hardcore you are if you get them early

2 Likes

Well, it’s hard to being a guild who are the best for :

• Parse
  • Progress
  • SpeedRun
  • Care about Achiev

My guild only care about SpeedRun and a little bit Progress.
They doesn’t care about parse and even more achievments, and many guild prefer focusing on SpeedRun or Progress.
It mean that we are doing raid split to stuff our main because Blizzard as they said like to giving us our BIS at the ultim last moment because not enough loot per boss and f"kn droprate.

So, no time for achiev.

1 Like

Hah, couldn’t even at least gate it behind an ilvl requirement. Guess it was too much coding.
Clown company.

6 Likes

This made MMORPGs great to play back then and not just WoW.

I still firmly believe the genre is being ruined by players who shouldn’t be playing them. I truly hate that history is just repeating it itself just like with everything else in life. All the great games in history weren’t made to any players’ specification, they either played it or they didn’t; now players (those of certain maturities anyway) feel they have some right to try and dictate changes to the game.

Terrible. Achievements should be doable but the drake should remain unachievable as it was originally. Leaving in raid achievement meta rewards after the phase is over is going to ruin the rush to achieve them and peoples motivation as there’s no FOMO. Don’t think this is a good change. It appears every change you continue to make it drastically out of touch.

2 Likes

Again, this achievments is cancer, because you depend of your guild, so what, you spit on your raid and guild because everytime someone ruin it and ruin your entire time because you are exicting to raid only for that ??

This is the “Classic experience” you want ?

2 Likes