Necrolord Dream

I agree there are a lot of bloated buttons for feral right now, like Savage Roar, Lunar Inspiration, Bloodtalons, etc that hinder the spec from evolving.

What i meant by the necrolord dream was making the ability actually useful, because at least to me on paper it sounds pretty enticing, it fits druids well, it’s just a shame it doesnt work simply because of numbers tuning

1 Like

Nobody is going to terrorize anyone, necrolord is a garbage covenant for all druid specs.

Maybe you could make a case for resto druids that only do pvp but how many of those even exist right now?

Well for me necrolord looks strong vs sustained damage, i bet it will be best pick when we breach checkpoint when no DPS can bypass our HP and send us to death.

Adaptive Swarm does increase Frenzied Regeneration. How come Necrolord is trash for “all” Druid speccs? I bet you didnt even try it. I see it being bad for Moonkins but not for Feral. Talking about PvP tho.

You really should give Necro a try. Bite is so boring and without Berserk not fun at all, plate doesnt take any damage.
When you have 3 dots rolling which tick for 1,5 - 4k each plus feral frenzy which ticks for 4-8k, plus melee dmg and some brutal slashes and normal bites, people melt down pretty fast and often dont even see it coming.

I refuse to see Necro being “Trash” for Ferals. I also disagree on bleeds not doing any damage. Of course they dont if you run Apex, use Kyrian or Night Fae and play with Sabertooth and Bloodtalons.

Take a look at any dmg breakdown in details for Feral

Rip + Rake accounts for 15-25% of our total damage, a 20% buff to that means Adaptive Swarm adds about 3-5% dmg over the course of any given fight

Meanwhile Kyrian adds 15% dmg to EVERY burst window, and Convoke just has the chance to RNG someone to death in 0.5 seconds.

It’s trash because you’re comparing 4% damage increase to a delete-enemy button. It just doesn’t do enough.

Now if it added 10% total damage, it’s a different story. But since Feral (wich is what im mostly speaking from experience about) and Boomy dots simply don’t do enough damage for it to have a noteable effect it’s bad.

For Resto druid, since they do 95% of their healing through heal over times, adaptive swarm is a FLAT 20% buff. Hence why it’s so good.

So Adaptive Swarm isn’t bad, it’s that Bleeds and Sun/Moonfire are bad and because how percentages work Adaptive Swarm is bad by proxy

21%, as you get a sizeable mastery boost as well.

Kyrian adds 15% dmg to everything yes including bite while adaptive swarm adds 33% dmg on any dot with 200 ilvl conduit and the buff coming up soon.
Also you would use Draught of the Deep Focus and not Apex which adds another 40% dmg increase.

Adaptive swarm also is on a 25 sec cd not 1min. I mean i wouldnt mind them buffing our bleeds of course lol. But i can tell you if they buff them by a consideral amount, things will get super nasty. Because right now, any class who doesnt cleanse bleeds right away or has major def cds up, will just bleed out pretty fast.

Convoke will be nerfed anyways so the 2 min possible one shot becomes even less viable. The thing about playing with Bite primarily with Kyrian is, as long as you dont have Berserker up or you get your 2 combo points back from tigers fury, you are pretty much just trying to bore your enemy to death because the damage is non existent.

I guess it’s all about personal prefences. I myself enjoy it alot to constantly pressure with dots and not rely on a few hard hitting bite windows.

I think we’re considering two different areas of play.

I’m sure Draught + Bloodtalons (remove this) + Necro is fine in Raids

But Draught is not viable for any content besides raids. Apex predator is not viable for PvP because of the RNG.

Feral has 0 sustained damage as it is, so Kyrian is 15% dmg to all the damage you do that matters, and Convoke allows you to spam bite (the only ability that matters).

But if they remove bloodtalons and actually buff bleeds then i would love to play necrolord, but bleeds would have to do MINIMUM 50% of our total damage breakdown for it to even be an option

Okay i am talking about PvP as well, not Raids. I mean i am fine with us not having the same opinion on that matter and just having a discussion about our points of view.

Just to make my point more clear i made a short Dmg breakdown on a target dummy with Bite Spam using Apex and talents like Sabertooth/Bloodtalons - and with bleeds using Draught as well as Moonfire and Feral Frenzy and Savage Roar.
I didnt even keep up my Savage Roar during those ~30 seconds tho.

https://youtu.be/1dAmTuHaNaU (it’s unlisted so no hey look at my Yt or whatever)

As you can see, Bleeds actually are more than 50% of the dmg i dealt. To go even further, using this “built” doesnt rely on 3min Berserker at all. In fact you just have a pretty hefty burst every 45sec and you need to stay on target for a few seconds to get the full benefit out of it (ofc if they dont remove bleeds) while with Bite Spam, you would need to stay on target.

So yeah just to be clear, i dont wanna tell people they are wrong or something. Just staying by my experience with using both Bite as a Kyrian and Bleeds as a Necro and i personally just find bleeds actually to be much more versatile, reliable and fun.
I am excited to get another 5% dmg bonus to Dots in a few weeks.

Yeah I understand exactly what you mean. I wish it just didn’t feel so awfully clunky to press! I tried it extensively during the beta and absolutely hated it. It should definitely be applied instantly (no strange travel time) and either do a lot more instant damage (like a Shred or something) or be off GCD.

Editing this post to also reply to this post, because it’s interesting:

Okay, so you’ve made a number of issues here (someone who’s more into theorycrafting can probably find more).

1. In PvP, you don’t use Apex. You would either use Symmetry (bite build) or Draught (as you pointed out, in the bleed build).
  2. You’re not using Feral Frenzy in this (which is the default bite build pick in PvP)
  3. Your test sample is way, way, way too small. You’re only showing 1 attempt, and you’re only showing a very short segment. Also, most fights last much longer than what you demonstrated (e.g. Feral does not have 4.2K DPS sustained which your details shows).

Again, people have already theorycrafted this and figured out that bite build is better. The DPS is lower with bleed build and you don’t get the burst opportunities. If that wasn’t the case then everyone would already be playing Necrolord by now.

Yeah, when you use all the talents, conduits, legendaries and other things (etc) your damage composition just barely makes it out so that a majority is bleed damage. You don’t see the flaw in this?

While you gained bleed damage, you lost bite damage (and with that, burst potential). In the long run it’s a damage loss.

So you barely have a burst and you also have lower DPS. This is not an upside.

The 1min “burst” window of Necro Feral is actually very weak. Sorry to tell you!

Though, the 1min “burst” window of Kyrian Feral is also very weak, just slightly less so.

Keep on trucking. If you’re having fun then stick with it!

But just to be clear, that doesn’t mean it’s a viable nor good build.

Bleed build is for sure more reliable.

I don’t know about the current bleed build being more versatile nor fun though. Draught legendary is very awkward (you basically can’t ever swap targets or Rake stun off-targets with it), Adaptive Swarm does no damage by itself, is on the GCD and has a travel time, Savage Roar doesn’t snapshot and also has no QoL functions and has a far lower duration than it had in MoP/WoD when it was good. Moreover, Bloodtalons is almost unplayable in PvP (but it will still be mandatory in a bleed build because its interaction with Rip is so huge).

The bleed build certainly has the potential to be all those things though!

1 Like

?
I picked necrolord at first and stuck at it for quite a while.
Then the fact that I missed out on 3k+ dps/hps/def cause of it kind of stood out a bit too much.
Sitting around saying people who pick X cause it has a MASSIVE difference are the problem is sincerely misguided.

Its like saying “you took this education so you could have a bigger chance to get a working place - cause the market and the world is harsh - so if EVER you would have gotten good at picking painting art career instead, or someone out of 100000 happened to earn a lot on it eventually, then you are Only yourself to blame for going electirician instead to have more oppertunities in a realistic sense.”

IRL the difference is its about surviving, earning money to live.
In WoW its to kill bosses, get into groups, actually make an impact vs looking cool.

Player power should NEVER have been involved, it should been cosmetics only.
Sorry but I wont be some sort of hategoat of yours cause I participated in beta and reported about this for ages, also writing about it on forums and continue to do so, and even tried to use something else;
Its not me who is the problem nor me who should get punished either.
The design is awful for anyone who actually cares about output TODAY and not a “maybe Tomorrow”

Hello,

i want to play resto druid in pvp and i want 100% be necro because i have kyrian monk and i dont like fae at all doesnt matter how good they are.

What legendary do you suggest that can be played both resto and feral in 2v2 for example? Its realistic to play this dot lego? Only one target seems pretty harsh in pvp…for healing. Or elder druid?

Thanks

Hello,

i want to play resto druid in pvp and i want 100% be necro because i have kyrian monk and i dont like fae at all doesnt matter how good they are.

What legendary do you suggest that can be played both resto and feral in 2v2 for example? Its realistic to play this dot lego? Only one target seems pretty harsh in pvp…for healing. Or elder druid?

Thanks

I don’t know how you plan on doing pvp, like unrated, low rated or high rated. Since i have no high rated PvP experience with my Druid i wouldnt suggest anything but if you “just” want to PvP in general, wether it be BGs, World PvP, Skirmishes or at least low to mid rating, i can suggest, as you might guess, Necrolord as well as the Dot Legendary aka Draught.

Dunno about healing tho since i only play Tank and Feral. If you are interested in some Necro Feral footage in those non high rated scenarios like i mentioned, maybe you want to check out my recent Video i threw together, just because i had fun doing so: https://youtu.be/w8BL2VT0kOw

If you really want to play Necro you kinda want to play with Bleeds, which people usually say is bad. Maybe it is in high rating but apart from that it actually isnt. I mean i pvp alot, BGs, Wpvp and like today because of Quest even Arena skirmishes. And out of 11 3v3 games, we won 10. Out of 10 games, i was 10 times topping dmg, with Dots - impossible.

You can go with another Legendary as well if you think it is too weird to play around dotting one target only for the effect of Draught. But with some experience you will get the hang of it on when to focus and “Burst” on one target and when it’s fine/better to spread the pressure even if it means the Legendary has no effect in that time.

And honestly, just play whatever you like. Try it. I cannot count how many times i changed Covenants with my Priest and my Druid just because i wanted to see things by myself and i didnt find good Videos about the Questions i had. You dont need to play “Meta Speccs” to have fun and be good as long as you improve on yourself. And if Necro isnt for you, go Kyrian (or Nightfae) which ofc isnt bad.

Edit: I just realized Resto is your primary specc and feral would be secondary. As i said i know nothing about Resto. Adaptive Swarm does increase healing on one target but i kinda doubt that it’s good, maybe in 2v2 it can work but when healing multiple targets i guess other Covenants would be better. But as i said, i dont know anything about Resto so either somebody else can help you out, or you might find some Information in US Forum, WoWhead, Icyveins or things like that.

Ty buddy. Yeah i mean very casual pvp in 2v2 and bgs. I think im ok with feral and bleeds im not sure about resto. Since im poor man and not pushing or anything i would like to have one lego fot both specs. Oath seems to be very universal.

If you want to be necro the only semi-viable build (it’s really not viable atm) is the Draught legendary (and Barkskin tank legendary as secondary). It’ll work in low rated and casual play for sure.

I don’t know which legendaries are good for Resto.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.