Necrolord Rogue covenant ability multiple bugs

Edit: Why are you moving this to rogue forums? i’m not discussing anything about the rogue class i’m talking about an ability that simply doesn’t function. Destroying the slightest chance that a developer can see this on costumer support forums. Absolutely pathetic. I feel ashamed about myself for paying 13 euros for this game.

Serrated Bone Spike appears to have several new bugs:
SBS Bug 1: At some point during any encounter, SBS will no longer grant extra CP for active bleeds on your main-target, meaning you will only ever get 1CP baseline for it. 2 with Crit as Assa/Broadside.
SBS Bug 2: Casting a Bonespike on a target that already has the bleed active, i.e. casting SBS twice on the same target, will no longer refund a charge from that target.
SBS Bug 3: The SBS bleed may tick once or twice on a target and then expire instead of lasting permanently. This seems guaranteed to happen to mobs with no threat table and dont fight back, such as Painsmith balls or Muezhala avatars, but it may happen on anything.

The bugs that are associated with this ability doesn’t even fit into ingame bug report system as you run out available characters. This has been going on over a week and it’s absouletly disgusting. Not that anyone from blizzard will see this but i’m not even sure there is someone at blizzard who can fix this lmao.

1 Like

You are talking about the Rogue covenant ability exclusive to rogues… I think being directed here makes complete sense. But alas;

I can’t comment on your first issue as I havn’t experienced that.

This however you have to shed some more light on for me. Do you mean that when the target in question dies you get nothing, or you don’t get 2 refunds? Because you’re not supposed to get 2 refunds. You get 1 refund for every defeated target that was affected by the dot aka hit with bonespike at least once. You do not get multiple refunds on 1 target no matter how many times you bonespiked it.

Sounds like a bug with the state of combat. When any affected target leaves combat the dot is supposed to fall off. Of course, targets aren’t supposed to leave combat unless you abandon them and I suspect that is where the problem lies.

I can’t see how the ability being exclusive to a class should move the topic of it to the class forums instead of ingame bug forums when it has bugs that affects it’s functionality. As i’m stressing once again there is not a discussion here, just an ability not working properly, full of bugs and my futile attempt to even get the right people to look at it. But if that’s how forum rules are no matter how bad they are nothing i can do. At the end of the day i believe it’s not going to change anything anyway since i don’t find these forums nor the ingame bug report system as a place where one can get theirs voice heard about the ingame bugs. Class/Rogue forums especially where evidently there is not even a single response to any of the posts from the blizzard team.

First of all let me clarify that i have copied the explanations of these bugs from the Rogue community discord Ravenholdt which is written/confirmed by class theorycrafters. As well as being confirmed by dozens of fellow unfortunate necrolord rogue players.
Personally this bug happens to me a couple of times during a night of raiding which for me is 3 hours. And i believe one could easily see that they are not getting the appropriate combo points if they would monitor their compo points.

Second bug is 100% replicable and takes 10 seconds to do so. One would only need to bonespike a target twice (or more) and for that target to die afterwards and to see that there is not a refund on the bonespike ability.
I think i’m not wrong here to assume that you play a necrolord rogue as you stated that you have not experienced the 1st bug that i have mentioned. But i’m not sure what kind of explanation one would need here. As the one and only way to get a “refund” on the bonespike ability is for the target to die. And i believe that everything explained in the first post with the most simple terms possible.

Will no longer refund “A” charge from the target…

3rd bug seems extremely rare and as mentioned it can happen anywhere.
But oh man i definetly love the drop of combat from raid and dungeon encounters as i’m still in the fight hitting things. Maybe i should try to refresh my food buff if i die during a raid fight aswell when this happens. Yep this is definetly my favorute explanation you have made.

I can’t even grasp how oblivious you can be to certain things but still reply here and explain the basic functionalities of the bugged abilities in question.

You can drop combat for literal milliseconds and its not about your combat state but rather the targets. But anyway, good luck getting anyone willing to assist you with that attitude o/

Not sure which part made you think that i need some sort of assistance here. I’m asking for the company to fix their product (which is in no shape or form personal to me) in a way they state it should function. Which i have the absolute right to as a paying customer.

Serrated bonespike have bug still. I think blade flury have a bug to. Not work well. Hits less than it should especially in big packs.(i know blade flury have 4 targets cap). If there are have 20 mobs blade flurry hit lower damage then 5 mobs.

Blizzard please! How long can I wait for a simple fix?

Timewalking experience exploit fixed in 12 hours - Necro rogue 1 month still nothing. I really don’t see how there’s any excuse for this simple fix to take so long. Not really knowing about it and switching to necro I wasted my soul cinders making a 262 Deathspike legendary which I then come to realise doesn’t even work and hasn’t worked for god knows how long. You wonder why players are unsubbing by probably the hundreds if not thousands weekly and this is how you manage bugs in your game? People exploiting timewalking dungeons for huge exp gets fixed in 12 hours but an actual class and covenant thousands of people play hasn’t been fixed in probably coming for a month. JPC and probably many other rogues don’t play necro that push keys in m+ are actually waiting and have been waiting ages for this stuff to be fixed so they can swap. I can only take a few more issues like this before I myself unsub and actually go play a game where the company actually give a stick about the players playing their game. Rant over. Get it sorted. Oh and if you can’t fix it I guess you can refund the 1600 soul cinders I wasted making a busted lego for m+ instead of a raiding one? Nah didn’t think so.

also for some reason its linked some rogue I haven’t touched in 6 months. My main is Lezio-TM, Please sort these issues out or I’m gone.

As of August 6 all the bugs mentioned here has been hotfixed. Deathspike (Necrolord covenant legendary) is still bugged. Hopefully more bugfixes will follow soon as rogue still has some although minor bugs.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.