Necrotic Strike low damage output

I thing that the biggest problem of Necrotic strike is not low percentage of the heal absorbtion debuff, but these facts:

a) It converts Festering Wound instead of bursing it
b) Consumes 1 whole rune which slows down you damage rotation
c) For the same rune cost and global cooldown it does extremely low damage

That makes the Necrotic strike really underwhelming unsatisfying spell to use compared to something like Mortal Strike. The debuff is a good idea, I just wish it would fit more into the rotation by dealing more damage or not denying the damage of other abilities by consuming runes and festering wounds.

1 Like

Yup, even buffed with the current health pools the healing absorb is too low. Same problem as death strikes and any other abilities based on HP scaling. You also sacrifice damage by simply picking the talent up, and usually pair it with bursting sores and unholy assault. Wich further reduce the damage just so u can utilize the necrotic stacking.
In bfa we had magus from azerite trait, ppl had 500k+ hp pools wich resulted of a very nice amount of healing absorb stacking for each GO and good damage coming from pets,essences,procs and other stuff. Now its completely different situation. Unholy lack the ability to finish fights. The rampup dmg, does not match the current burst meta. I
The talent should be simple addition to our scourge strike/clawing shadows - making it absorb healing… Not replacing the skill. Its one way to fix it. Or it needs to get buffed so it absorb 10-12% … not 6%

1 Like

Yeah, I think making it so the scourge strike/clawing shadows would apply this debuff would be the best solution. Hopefully UH will get some love from Blizz in 9.1. Especially in PvP

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.