Necrotic Wake - Nalthor

I’ve been trying to find the answer to this question for a while, can’t find it so I’m asking here instead.

Can druids shapeshift out of Nalthors Frozen Bind?

I feel like they “should” be able to but I’ve never actually seen one do it and I don’t wana be going off on ppl if blizz have randomly decided it doesn’t apply for some reason.

They can shapeshift out of it, yes. From what I can tell, it won’t apply the debuff to others in range, either. Can’t verify that, because whenever I shapeshift out of it, noone’s in range, because they moved out anyway. I seem to remember one case where someone wasn’t out, and didn’t get the debuff, but I don’t have it recorded. :frowning:

But the shapeshifting definitely works.

Shapeshifting does indeed work. Source: Me, done a lot of keys on my druid

Cheers guys, that’s what I though again I don’t want to be telling ppl and actually blizz decided you can’t.

You can shapeshift to remove it after the debuff has been applied, but doing so will root everyone in range as usual. The only way to avoid the spread part is to avoid the mechanic altogether by immuning the original cast-time spell that applies the debuff.
He clearly switches targets from the tank to someone else and starts casting the spell, so you have ample time during his cast to use an immunity. Of course its rarely worth it to use iceblock or turtle in that manner, but spells like Blessing of Freedom or Tiger’s Lust work wonders. They just need to be applied before the spell lands, so you immune the debuff’s application. If the debuff affects you, removing it in any way (dispels, immunities, shapeshifting, anything) will trigger the aoe spread.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.