Need a name for my Vulpera

Good morning Argent Dawn.

I thought about nearly everything I’d want for my Vulpera such as class, backstory and etc. But the one thing that I’m really having a hard time deciding on is the name.

This is mainly because I’m not exactly sure what the influences are for them but from what I gathered they’re influenced by Middle Eastern cultures so I decided to take inspiration from the Kalīla wa Dimna for the name given that it’s comprised of animal fables.

But that’s not exactly original nor am I completely sure the names would be lore appropriate and there’s the fact that it’s one name I thought up that being Kalila. I trust that most people here have already come up with a good name which is why I’m asking for suggestions.

3 Likes

Easy Guide:

two/three Syllables
end on a vowel sound

8 Likes

this is all there is to it yeah

6 Likes

Parkisha.

Kethira.

2 Likes

Not the hugest fan of the double ‘l’ sound. Kalisha, Kalira, or Kaliya maybe?

5 Likes

Males seem to have mostly Japanese inspired names, while female vulpera tend to be Middle Eastern. However, a bunch from both genders have names with less obvious inspirations.

Dudflex more or less hit the nail on the head, though.

4 Likes

There are examples of Vulpera not ending with a Vowel such as Kipp and Keerin. However two syllables and ending with a vowel is a safe bet.

2 Likes

Wut? Whats a vowel? What are Syllables?(I thought those were songs on an ocarina(of time)) D:

Vowles are; A, E, I, O, U

Syllables however; a unit of pronunciation having one vowel sound, with or without surrounding consonants, forming the whole or a part of a word; for example, there are two syllables in water and three in inferno .

From the dictionary, only because I was having a hard time trying to explain it myself (even though i know what it is)

4 Likes

I couldn’t get any of the names I wanted, so I’m calling her “Biter” and filling in an MRP with her actual given name. Biter will just be her nickname with a suitable story to justify it.

I’ve got Mineva saved, but she’s going to go by ‘Meva’ (May-vah) as a nickname primarily.

Short Japanese names are the way to go. Throw together a couple syllables and you’re set

1 Like

Aight thanks! I knew what thrybwere in Dutch just not that they’re called Vowels in English! Same with Syllables!

Thanks for explaining! :smiley:

No problem!

Also, consonants are the other letter in the alphabet.

2 Likes

They seem to have quite short, cutsie names, like

Emiri
Kana
Kaori
Aina
Fumi
Talora
Yiera
Adira
Karissa
Daya
Jemina
Kayra
Larissa
Manishie
Melina
Nara

1 Like

I have Sokka for male, Qhira for female

Personally, my “main vulpera” will be called Teejo.

I have some other names reserved such as Kasla, Kasji, Jeru and Kajero for some other potential character concepts.

1 Like

I will be disappointed if he’s not always clowning around and carrying a meteorite sword.

1 Like

The clowning is just a coping mechanism for his own insecurities after he thought his father abandoned him for not being “good enough”.

2 Likes

:face_vomiting: